• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PUBG a GotY contender?

Kyougar

seems like this is one of the few times when steamspy is inaccurate, it's actually already sold over 6 million

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-six-million-copies-adds-micro-transactions-gamescom-2017/

it's near the error margin and it wouldnt be the first time a news site or the developer would round up the sales number when it is between x.6 and x.9.

And it wouldnt even matter because the game will have those numbers in a few days anyway.

Also steamspy lags 3 days. With a game that is selling 50k to 250k copies a day, being 400k off is of little consequence.

MUnited83

For you.
seems like this is one of the few times when steamspy is inaccurate, it's actually already sold over 6 million

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-six-million-copies-adds-micro-transactions-gamescom-2017/
Not inaccurate at all though. Steamspy has a three days delay. On a game like Battlegrounds, that might mean being behind by half a million copies.
It's not the first time where it's undertracking PUBG. And there were other games as well I think.
Less undertracking, more people not knowing how it works.

Cptkrush

Sign up for greenmangaming newsletters on multiple emails. I got one coupon through the newsletter than knocked it down 28% so there's some discount

Hey thanks for this, I signed up yesterday and got my code for 27% off this morning!

bee

Not inaccurate at all though. Steamspy has a three days delay. On a game like Battlegrounds, that might mean being behind by half a million copies.

Less undertracking, more people not knowing how it works.

i mean i like steamspy and am all for it but i think in this particular case it's out of the margin of error, that article was posted on dso on wednesday when steamspy was showing 5.4 million, it's now friday and steamspy shows slightly under 5.6 million, so unless it adjusts by 400k by tomorrow it's out?

Well, if the game is releasing this year why wouldn't be allowed to compete for GOTY?

Having played it my pick is still Zelda though. (the year isn't over yet so this may well change, who knows)

Top Bottom