• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's a Wonderful World (New Square Touch Action RPG for DS)

Teasel said:
i remember nomura saying that there wasn't going to be a final mix version of KH2... did i dream that or is nomura just plain dumb?

Ofcourse he says that, he wants people to buy the original version instead of waiting on Final Mix. And then when FM is announced people go and buy that also.

ant1532 said:
Holy crap, YAY new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 in Final Mix!! Buying it for sure!
untitled-10.jpg

That DS gmae looks great, and I can't believe they're making a FF12 game for DS!!!
Square Nintendo coming back at full force!
If that's an adult version of Sora, that kind of destroys a lot of theories that the "chasers" are in the past.

snatches

PolyGone said:
Wonderful World looks cool, but FF12RW has now become my most wanted ds game... so friggin awesome!

This has been mentioned all over GAF today. Can someone link me to info/screens or the post that started the story?

PolyGone

Banned
snatches said:
This has been mentioned all over GAF today. Can someone link me to info/screens or the post that started the story?

Its the third image on the first post of this thread, but I'm not sure if it was the first instance of it on GAF....

JCX

Didn't Nomura say the chasers are all new characters? Maybe it is the original Xemnas, not the heartless or the nobody

Holy freaking shit. 3 NEW Square games announced for the DS IN ONE WEEK!! One of which is based on a PS2 game! And another, an entirely new IP! WOWOW!

It's a Wonderful World looks really freakin stylish. Like a JSR RPG. And after reading one of the comments in this thread, it'd be really interesting if there actually were psychics in this game. Psychics + modern day setting ala Earthbound, but with alot more style and punkiness. Awesome. :D (not really impressed by the graphics though, hope they improve that)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
FFXII looks awesome! I wanna know how WW plays but Nomura designs is a serious downer for me.

Don't really know what to make of It's a Wonderful World yet, but I'm glad to see that new Square IPs live on! :)

FF XII Revenant Wings, of course, rocks your face.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
JCX9 said:
Didn't Nomura say the chasers are all new characters? Maybe it is the original Xemnas, not the heartless or the nobody

Can you explain to me what you mean?
What are the 'chasers' - the names of those guys at the end of the 100% ending?
I didn't know there were quotes on this... do tell

ant1532

Banned
JCX9 said:
He did say that, but that was very early in the development.

And the heartless is the original...
John Harker said:
Can you explain to me what you mean?
What are the 'chasers' - the names of those guys at the end of the 100% ending?
I didn't know there were quotes on this... do tell
Yep, the chasers are the guys at the ending.
Heres a interview with Nomura from early this year(I think March). He talks about the ending of KH2 , Final Mix, and KH3(i think)
http://www.kh2.co.uk/?page=NI/KH2U

TreIII

Chris Michael said:
It's a Wonderful World looks really freakin stylish. Like a JSR RPG. And after reading one of the comments in this thread, it'd be really interesting if there actually were psychics in this game. Psychics + modern day setting ala Earthbound, but with alot more style and punkiness.

Heh, and it's a brand new IP, no less! Just when I was about happy to pigeon-hole SE into saying that they don't put out anything new, they bring this game out...and for the first time in a while, I'm really jumping at the bit to play a SE game again.

They already seem to have the premise down pat...now if only the gameplay adds up as well...I'd REALLY hate for this game to be basically a repeat of what happened with Chain of Memories for the GBA all over again.

ethelred

TreIII said:
Heh, and it's a brand new IP, no less! Just when I was about happy to pigeon-hole SE into saying that they don't put out anything new, they bring this game out...and for the first time in a while, I'm really jumping at the bit to play a SE game again.

They already seem to have the premise down pat...now if only the gameplay adds up as well...I'd REALLY hate for this game to be basically a repeat of what happened with Chain of Memories for the GBA all over again.

Yes, seriously. This is the kind of thing Square Enix needs to be doing more of -- new IPs, stylish games, innovative gameplay. Reminds me of their PSX glory days. More like this, please.

Top Bottom