• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

serfr

Neo Member
I posted my cat in the cute animals thread, but in case anyone missed it:
20173fm.jpg

Masamuna

Pic's a bit big.

Sorry for the phone pic. This is Kaz(uma) and Ken(shiro) about a couple of months ago. I'll try to get a recent pic up soon though.

I have a concern. Kaz has been sneezing for about a week now. Not constantly, but either once or a burst of 3-4 sneezes and then he's good for a while. His breath seems a bit labored every once and a while. I've done some good ole googling and now i'm a bit concerned since it could be anything from an allergy to possibilities much worse.

The symptoms I mentioned seem to be it though. There's no discharge from his tear ducts nor any mucus when he sneezes. He's anything but lethargic and he still eats both dry and wet food. He's an inside cat whose only other cat experience is his brother (who shows no signs). Both were neutered at the beginning of march but checking back on the records it looks like I did not request vaccinations for feline leukemia (but they do have their rabies and distemper shots). Kaz still seems to breathe through his nose as well.

I'm gonna take Kaz to the vet on my next off day, anybody else experience this?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Snuggler said:

my chippy

sorry to bump for sad stuff, but my youngest kitty in the quoted post is going through a hard time...

A few weeks ago I noticed that he was sleeping much more than usual. I didn't think it was a big deal until he wouldn't leave his bed at all and he stopped eating food. Normally he was obsessed with food and would steal the other cat's food and knock over trash for food and stuff. I took him to the vet and they said he has a blood parasite. They told us it would be treatable and that he would be fine, but he still wouldn't eat at all, even though we tried feeding him everything we could think of as well as stuffing his pills down his throat twice a day.

He was a very healthy cat but he's withered away and only weights about 7 pounds right now, which is 2 pounds less than he was when he was weighed as a 6 month old kitten. If you pet him you can feel every single bone in his body. He just went in again for another over night stay at the vet but I still can't get him to eat much or anything.

I'm doing everything I can but it's so depressing to see my kitty wither away, especially since he's only one year old. He's still a baby. We've tried everything and all we can hope for now is for him to just recover naturally, but I'm losing hope. We spoiled him so much but out of nowhere something like this happens...

suzu

Yeah, those syringes from the vet are helpful for force feeding them when they're sick. Get some wet cat food and heat it for a few seconds in the microwave, then mash it up afterwards so it isn't hot. Add a little bit of water to the food so it becomes really mushy. Put the syringe in from the side of his mouth, and aim for the back. Just keep feeding him little portions of food as much as you can. You can spread the feeding sessions out, so he doesn't have to finish it all right away if it stresses him.

I hope your cat gets better.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've been trying to not think about it while I'm on here, but he died today. I've been fucking gutted by it. I had to bring in one of my other cats for a blood transfusion but it didn't work. I had to bury him in my back yard this evening. I feel awful but there isn't anything I can do about it. I'm going to miss him so much.

sorry for sad post, but I have no where else to vent right now, it's eating me alive

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
adamsappel said:
This was my daughter's cat, Snowball. I just saw him get hit by a car and killed.

That's terrible. It's hard to understand how such fucked up things can happen, but for what it's worth, I know how you feel right now.

sundrenched

Neo Member
The kitty thread has become one of sadness and tears ;__;

I really love cats but not in my current circumstances. Moreover, I love to travel and being a pet owner means I have to be there always. Still love cats and pugs :D

Goldrush said:
Friendly words of warning, you want to stop that right now. It's cute right now, but you'll be cursing yourself out in a few months time.
Haha, didn't read your warning in time, and yes, there was a lot of cursing. But! I ended up adopting one of his biological sisters to keep him company and now he doesn't come near my hands anymore :p

Zoe

FunkyPajamas said:
Haha, didn't read your warning in time, and yes, there was a lot of cursing. But! I ended up adopting one of his biological sisters to keep him company and now he doesn't come near my hands anymore :p

Here's another word of warning... get them fixed as early as possible.

MaddenNFL64

Jugendstil said:
My cat has learned to climb to the top of the kitchen cabinets, which is the highest point in my apartment. I have no idea why he has started doing it now after living here for two years, but he seems to enjoy it. He took a nap up there on Saturday. Also he shoots lasers out of his eyes!

v65177.jpg

uh oh.

urPS6.png

Just sayin'.

We moved over the weekend, and I am now living in a much larger apartment with my boyfriend and his cat. My cat, Galileo, has already taught my boyfriend's cat, Alfie, how to be bad and climb on the kitchen counter. I'm proud my cat is a juvenile delinquent that corrupts others.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
4h39k9.jpg

2ykgr3a.jpg

Doing stare-downs with birds

My mom took him from the shelter as a kitten. He's about 10 months old now I think. Ultimate bad-ass. Doesn't afraid of anything, which sometimes kinda worries us. He literally likes sitting on the lawnmower while it's running, is highly interested in the vacuum cleaning process, and jumps in your car as soon as you open the door. Also kills anything that moves if it's smaller then him. Already fighting with the neighbour's cat which is like 5 times his size. So proud ;_;. Also he's very laidback, always in for hanging around.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
MaddenNFL64 said:
Rei, I like your cat. My current cat is a scared house cat. bah.

Thanks! I'm taking care of the house (and the cat) next week. I'll probably have more stories to tell about its bravery, idiocy and general randomness. He also has a shy sister cat but she's boring. She's practicing to be stalker cat, though:

1zoumhj.jpg

(It's a little blurry because I had to be fast - she's just hanging in the window frame of the door with her front paws)

Top Bottom