• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

All he did in the early years was walk in the writers room from time to time & talk to them about his childhood for some inspirations.
He was was vocal in keeping the Simpsons grounded in reality & fought with Sam Simon when he felt it went overboard (like with Homer falling off a cliff from the Ambulance at the end). He always lost those battles.
He also made footnotes to the animators to added cracks & flaws to the environments & lobbied to get rid of exaggerated cartoony expressions/movements from the show.

One of the big reason Sam was forced out was that he got jealousy that Matt was taking credit for his hard work & got really salty about it.

matt was especially against animals taking on human traits. they comment on that when the pets are vying for attention and santa's little helper says 'we love you', that it would have never gotten to air in the early seasons.

Wool

All he did in the early years was walk in the writers room from time to time & talk to them about his childhood for some inspirations.
He was was vocal in keeping the Simpsons grounded in reality & fought with Sam Simon when he felt it went overboard (like with Homer falling off a cliff from the Ambulance at the end). He always lost those battles.
He also made footnotes to the animators to added cracks & flaws to the environments & lobbied to get rid of exaggerated cartoony expressions/movements from the show.

One of the big reason Sam was forced out was that he got jealousy that Matt was taking credit for his hard work & got really salty about it.

Gets mad that someone else takes credit for his work; gets his name in the credits for 19 seasons of doing nothing. Kind of hypocritical?

Gets mad that someone else takes credit for his work; gets his name in the credits for 19 seasons of doing nothing. Kind of hypocritical?

Yeah, but he deserves to have his name on there just as much as Matt since he physically created a chunk of the characters of the Simpsons universe & developed their characters, more than Matt.

Skinner, Burns, Smithers, Willie, Grandpa, Krusty, Chief Wiggum etc etc.. Anyone that didn't appear in the Tracey Ullman shorts, then they were created by Sam.
Like Lisa was just Bart's bratty sister in the shorts, just a Bart jr., but Sam made her into a smart intellectual.

Also TV, magaiznes & books were flat out giving Matt Groening credit for animating/directing & writing the season 1-3 episodes (which he had no direct involvement) & he was saying nothing to disprove that.
That's what got Sam & Matt fighting.

I don't even know if Groening even made the designs for the current Simpsons, they might have been re-designed by one of the original animators.
His original designs were these ultra crude drawings.
Simpsons_on_Tracey_Ullman.png

matt was especially against animals taking on human traits. they comment on that when the pets are vying for attention and santa's little helper says 'we love you', that it would have never gotten to air in the early seasons.
I was thinking that the whole time I watched the episode where Santa's Little Helper becomes a beat cop.

BigAT

Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is...I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

Linkhero1

Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?
Can we have a pool Dad?

Channel 4 (UK) are back on classic Simpsons, woohoo!

Moe: Yeah, he was my manager. Back when I was Gorgeous, everybody wanted a piece of me. But somehow, I just never made it to the big time.
Homer: Why not?
Moe: 'Cause I got knocked out forty times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics.
Homer: [glaring] Lousy democrats

:-D

Channel 4 (UK) are back on classic Simpsons, woohoo!

Moe: Yeah, he was my manager. Back when I was Gorgeous, everybody wanted a piece of me. But somehow, I just never made it to the big time.
Homer: Why not?
Moe: 'Cause I got knocked out forty times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics.
Homer: [glaring] Lousy democrats

:-D

Thank the good lord and all that is holy. It seems as long as I've remembered that they've been pumping out the god-awful new shit. Will watch on Channel 4 +1 in a little while.

AcridMeat

Banned
Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is...I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?
Love the line delivery in this one. Ha :D
This always answered the question for me as a kid, regarding if her hair was actually sharp or not.

BigAT

"Is this cartoon going on the air live?"

"No, Homer. Very few cartoons are broadcast live, it's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists."

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm still not quite sure I get that. Does he like the feel of sand? Is he using it to make his junk look bigger? Marge obviously doesn't like it, but I've never been sure why Homer puts more down his own pants.

I think it's just to be a humorously opposite reaction to Marge's. He brings it up, she says "yep I hate it let's go," but we find that he brought it up because he thinks it's just the bees knees.

ALSO RALPH IS A VIKING AT SLEEP

BURN WITH ME THREAD AHAHAAAAAA

Natetan

I'm still not quite sure I get that. Does he like the feel of sand? Is he using it to make his junk look bigger? Marge obviously doesn't like it, but I've never been sure why Homer puts more down his own pants.

I believe it was because someone in the episode earlier said they hate getting sand in their pants because they have to clean up which would imply nakedness and an oppotumity for sex

But maybe thats my Ralph Viking understanding of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom