• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes 11 |OT| Let me expand on that

Majine

Banned
Apple Logo -> Software Update

If you're on Windows:
Start -> All Programs -> Apple Software Update

ibzRavG78xFzmQ.png

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm so glad that the ability to queue songs up has finally been added. As a longtime Foobar user, the fact that I had to make playlists in lieu of setting up a queue was ridiculous.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
InB4 qq'ing about it better be recoded on windows for less suckage performance wise...

edit: to slow...

jts

...hate me...
Fisherprice design amirite guise?

Nah. But I'm so gonna bitch about this thing or the other being added, gone, or just different.

Bring it!

buhdeh

This is gonna be my last try with iTunes. The program has sucked ass for years now and if it isn't much better than 10.7, I'm out.

mollipen

I really hope the functionality of the current iTunes sidebar can still be there, and not hidden away under some sort of drop-down or pop-out or something. It's going to be a little frustrating if I have to take extra steps to get to everything that's instantly accessible currently.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Please please don't be a bloated slow hunk of crap on windows. I only use it for video syncing to ipad.

mrkgoo

I still don't see why this is such a big deal.

I mean I get the excitement for new features, but it's not like other iTunes update got its own thread.

Is it a from ground up rewrite? I've never had problems. Not saying it isn't bloated, but if it is a rewrite, sounds like there could be potential for some large bugs.

How new is it really?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Why must this player use up to an entire Gig of memory on Windows? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

At least the queuing feature looks cool

rpmurphy

Everyone complains about the crashing yet it's never happened to me in all the years that i used iTunes.
For me, all of the crashes are related to using the store. Watching preview videos, listening to samples, navigating the site, all sorts of normal activity sometimes ends up crashing the application. Everything else seems to be stable. Why Apple still does not have a web browser storefront for iTunes I think is just so bizarre.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Everyone complains about the crashing yet it's never happened to me in all the years that i used iTunes.
It used to freeze up on me a lot, but the last couple of updates seem to have fixed that. I'm ready for an overhaul, though.

This seems like a good place to ask: my wife's iPod Classic is not recognized by iTunes lately. Her Mac sees it, but iTunes does not. Any ideas? An iTunes issue or a software issue on the Classic? The Classic itself is 3 years old right now.

sarcastor

hopefully we can change the default directory of my iphone and ipad apps, cause i don't want 20gb on my 60gb SSD

damn you Apple!

This seems like a good place to ask: my wife's iPod Classic is not recognized by iTunes lately. Her Mac sees it, but iTunes does not. Any ideas? An iTunes issue or a software issue on the Classic? The Classic itself is 3 years old right now.

Make sure both ATH.exe and iPodmodule.exe service are enabled or iTunes acts borderline retarded. Sometimes having mobileservice disabled makes it go bananas as well.

iTunes for Windows - "That's Not Bloat, That's Well Placed Shit™"

Would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. Apple design philosophy is "Our way or the highway". It still looks like a huge step up from 10 tho.

There are many skins for iTunes, here's a skin I'm currently using.

ibmtZAevA08SsA.jpg

Why do you Windows users even bother? There are tons of better media players for Windows that are, and will always be better than iTunes.

As a OSX user, I can't wait for this update. Been too long since iTunes has been revamped.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Why do you Windows users even bother? There are tons of better media players for Windows that are, and will always be better than iTunes.

iOS users, presumably. I certainly wouldn't use iTunes if I didn't have an iPhone.

Yeah I know there are third party programs that can load iOS devices with music and such but... between the music, and the backup up of apps, and the wireless syncing, etc.... I think it's better safe than sorry to use the real deal.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I hope this doesn't force me to upgrade to iOS 6 on my devices to use it...

Top Bottom