• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks is really rad, but... well, nothing. It's just rad. Let's read 'em again.

Wiz

We haven't been getting Iwata Asks for any of the games released lately (Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Bravely Default to name a few). What happened Iwata? The last one we got (in NA at least) was Wii Fit. I miss reading them. :(

Pikma

Banned
We haven't been getting Iwata Asks for any of the games released lately (Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Bravely Default to name a few). What happened Iwata? The last one we got (in NA at least) was Wii Fit. I miss reading them. :(

yup, something I've been wondering too :c

We don't need to see his face any more. In fact, why would he show it in light of the Wii U's dismal situation?

Do we really have to bring this up in every single Nintendo thread?

What? I'm glad we're not seeing him as much. This guy makes a complete fool of himself on these Nintendo Directs and he's supposed to be the president of the company. He should lock himself up in his executive office and figure out how to get his company out of its current quagmire, no one wants to see him acting a clown and attaching his mug to every new Nintendo release.

I hate his hands-on approach to the company. Let the creative people do the interviews and directs; he should just handle the company's business outlook.

RiggyRob

tumblr_n3ukarcL0K1tsmlpdo1_400.gif

There's a better one with the cat as Wii U owners and the stick as games but I can't find it.

Kind of disappointing that the Wii U has been shafted even with the Iwata Asks compared to the 3DS.

Edit: Although in fairness we did get two Iwata Asks for Nintendo Pocket Football Club and Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton (EU).

phanphare

Banned
What? I'm glad we're not seeing him as much. This guy makes a complete fool of himself on these Nintendo Directs and he's supposed to be the president of the company. He should lock himself up in his executive office and figure out how to get his company out of its current quagmire, no one wants to see him acting a clown and attaching his mug to every new Nintendo release.

again, "Do we really have to bring this up in every single Nintendo thread?"

I hate his hands-on approach to the company. Let the creative people do the interviews and directs; he should just handle the company's business outlook.

The bolded I am sure is the reason why we haven't seen them lately. But I can't agree with anything else you said. He was a game developer himself. The Iwata Asks interviews are a hell of a lot more in depth than than 99% of what you would see on any gaming site.

mantidor

Lol do you use a dart board with his picture o something?

The hate for Iwata is so ridiculous and truly fanboyish, Iwata Asks are amazing insights into the developing process that anyone with the slightest interesting in the medium should read them all.

watershed

Banned

Be careful, with that much hate coursing through your veins you might catch on fire.

Datschge

Nintendo pocket football club and Professor Layton vs phoenix wright are the latest ones.

To be fair those are old interviews that were translated to coincidence with the games' Western localizations. There haven't been new Iwata Asks even in Japan since last year.

So there hasn't been an Iwata Asks about Mario Kart 8, and there hasn't been one since Wii Fit U...I'm assuming that means they're done doing this for at least the time being?

EDIT:

Ah, nevermind. Still, I'm surprised NES Remix or Rusty's Real Deal didn't get one. Those two games quoted haven't come out in NA, have they?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Probably to busy getting the quality of life products ready.

So there hasn't been an Iwata Asks about Mario Kart 8, and there hasn't been one since Wii Fit U...I'm assuming that means they're done doing this for at least the time being?

EDIT:

Ah, nevermind. Still, I'm surprised NES Remix or Rusty's Real Deal didn't get one. Those two games quoted haven't come out in NA, have they?

Nor has there been one for DK, Kirby, or Yoshi.

Lol do you use a dart board with his picture o something?

The hate for Iwata is so ridiculous and truly fanboyish, Iwata Asks are amazing insights into the developing process that anyone with the slightest interesting in the medium should read them all.

Completely agree.

Yeah I'm very sad they seem to have stopped doing them.

Same here. :(
I'd love one for SM3DW, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3, and MK8
This is why "panic mode" Nintendo sucks.
I like "We're kicking ass so we're going to share all this cool stuff with the fans"Nintendo much better.

I'm sure there will be more. Right now I imagine everyone is in E3 prep mode, so they are probably doing all those Iwata developer interviews and presentation stuff.
I hope this is the case.

The Boat

I hope they'll do more, Iwata Asks, despite being a PR effort, are more interesting than most content the media puts out.

It's sad that a PR product offers more insight into the development process than most actual media stuff, but it's cool to get these.

Then again, most of the games' media's job is being PR anyway.
Now that I noticed, where's the Pikmin 3 Iwata Asks?

Well, it really seems like the origin story of that game is "Miyamoto announced the game before it actually existed during an e3 developer roundtable because he felt bad about how utterly disappointed core gamers were in e3 that year, and then the company was sturck actually making the game." Probably not a story they're eager to advertise.

jdkluv

Well, it really seems like the origin story of that game is "Miyamoto announced the game before it actually existed during an e3 developer roundtable because he felt bad about how utterly disappointed core gamers were in e3 that year, and then the company was sturck actually making the game." Probably not a story they're eager to advertise.

It can't be worse than the one for Sticker Star.

Tripon

Kinda wish there'd be somebody at Nintendo to take over for Iwata when he needs a sub to keep these going. Like Bill Trinen asks.

JB2448

Kinda wish there'd be somebody at Nintendo to take over for Iwata when he needs a sub to keep these going. Like Bill Trinen asks.

Shigesato Itoi subbed for Iwata for the first volume of the Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary Iwata Asks. Maybe they could ask Itoi to periodically do more sessions? Even if it's only a few, it'd be better than their current (lack of) output.

Fake edit:
I think there was one Reggie Asks with the team who built the Nintendo TVii App.
That too.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Same here. :(
I'd love one for SM3DW, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3, and MK8
This is why "panic mode" Nintendo sucks.
I like "We're kicking ass so we're going to share all this cool stuff with the fans"Nintendo much better.

I hope this is the case.

Yeah, I miss iwata asks :(

Elija2

I wonder why they haven't put an Iwata Asks on the NA website in a while. I'd love to read one for DKTF, MK8, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, NES Remix, and the 2DS.

I like that fake one AniHawk always posts about Super Mario 3D World where they talk about the difficulty of porting a 3DS game to the Wii and Iwata doesn't know what a Wii U is.

AdanVC

Damn this is sad. Seems that Iwata and all his team are having really tough times that doesn't even have the time to pull the Iwata Asks section anymore... Maybe that's the reason why we barely have seen Iwata on the latest Nintendo Directs??? Hope we can have at least the MK8 IA later this week...

jnWake

I like that fake one AniHawk always posts about Super Mario 3D World where they talk about the difficulty of porting a 3DS game to the Wii and Iwata doesn't know what a Wii U is.

The fake Bayonetta 2 one is pretty good, with one funny analogy with some sea food.

Top Bottom