• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros.3D Mario game, Mario Kart etc @ E3

Metaroo

Here we go again!

ibcYFKzPBNfyYW.gif

For real this time, but we already knew this anyway.

That was amazing.

NotLiquid

Seriously? It was awful. It was like the episode of the Simpsons with the Itchy and Scratchy movie. "This direct contains 30% new footage"

It was all just a rehash and then an announcement for a date for a game that should have been released 3 months ago. It was BS.

We all knew the Direct was focusing on Summer/Spring games, why set expectations that high when no one ever expected new games out of this?

Quite frankly I'm shocked we got at least two new games announced for the console belonging to franchises people really like. I'd have expected that for the next Direct.

yeah exactly. all I got from that ND is I need to sell my WiiU ASAP, and focus on my 3DSXL as my main Nintendo platform.

So them saying they're going to give info about games that are going to come out within the next couple months, and them giving you info and release dates for those games told you you should sell your Wii U?

pakkit

Banned
Just to be clear, I didn't mind today's direct. I think people forgot the Direct was just covering summer releases

Yeah, it was as barren as I expected. That said, this "Upcoming/Future Wii U Titles" broadcast definitely HAS to put on a show to drum up support for the Wii U.

Shahadan

So them saying they're going to give info about games that are going to come out within the next couple months, and them giving you info and release dates for those games told you you should sell your Wii U?

Should have been "3D Mario on the eshop RIGHT NOW" of course.

JoeM86

Sounds like a reaction tweet to negativity around this Nintendo Direct, lol

Not really as they said the same yesterday when they announced this one. Maybe people are being negative, but I have seen a lot of people assuming this Direct was the big one and would reveal all

MCN

Banned
Seriously? It was awful. It was like the episode of the Simpsons with the Itchy and Scratchy movie. "This direct contains 30% new footage"

It was all just a rehash and then an announcement for a date for a game that should have been released 3 months ago. It was BS.

So you prefer for games to be released before they're ready, just so you have something to buy and then moan about?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Count me in.

me too, for that one. I was easy about the today direct and they were able to surprise me with the Sega partnership (and finally good spread of dates) so...hopefully they'll amaze us with those three games, but also with other contents and surprises

18-Volt

Those 3 titles aren't enough for me to get excited. Me wants Advance Wars, F-Zero, Custom-Robo and Last Story 2.

Mit-

gaiz no nintendo is doomed becuz dis isnt a keynote

Ugh. I can't believe how many people complained about this. Now we're getting to find out about all the new games BEFORE E3. Much better for us, the consumers.

Meelow

Banned
Not really as they said the same yesterday when they announced this one. Maybe people are being negative, but I have seen a lot of people assuming this Direct was the big one and would reveal all

Which is weird because Nintendo announced yesterday that they will have a Nintendo E3 Direct (which we knew all along), and everyone thought Nintendo wouldn't bring megatons here when they did.

Sendou

Iwata just casully dropping in and reminding that they haven't actually moved everything beyond Pikmin 3 to Wii U^2.

Azure J

Well, I got what I wanted from this Direct (yay Pikmin & TW101 news and based Sonic), but this one is for all the marbles now. Also, motion to suggest a different hype train image this time. Us New Yorkers have good trains too! :p

Edit: Tried to find a complimentary E train and 3 train line set of images with potential but no dice. Also, I'm a sucker for trains moving outdoors so have this too.

Well, I got what I wanted from this Direct (yay Pikmin & TW101 news and based Sonic), but this one is for all the marbles now. Also, motion to suggest a different hype train image this time. Us New Yorkers have good trains too! :p

Edit: Tried to find a complimentary E train and 3 train line set of images with potential but no dice. Also, I'm a sucker for trains moving outdoors so have this too.

I second this motion.

Top Bottom