• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros.3D Mario game, Mario Kart etc @ E3

#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros, 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3

Wait a minute, didn't the 100 year old gamer say that there will be 3-5 nintendo directs?
4756839-1351551428.jpg

"Blessings of akatosh upon ye"

Forkball

Exciting.... but this is pretty much their hail mary for Wii U. If people don't respond then there's really nothing else they can do to get people interested in it.

FinKL

Choo Choo, someone photoshop Goku on the train

EDIT: #IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros, 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3.

Iwata @ Nintendo Direct: "We are planning on making a new Smash Bros!" (no footage whatsoever)

Nevermind, I'm off the train.

Persona86

Banned

EDIT: #IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros, 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3.

Iwata @ Nintendo Direct: "We are planning on making a new Smash Bros!" (no footage whatsoever)

Iwata: "Now I have a special guest for you today....Hello Hideki Kamiya, let's discuss Bayonetta 2"
Kamiya: "Next week in magazines"
Iwata: "Thank you"

Iwata: "Now let's discuss Wii Fit U...."

They already said that we'd at least see Smash at E3.

Whompa

Smash Bros, Mario, and Mario Kart. Only thing that's missing is Zelda...

So this has been the standard for like every single Nintendo Hardware product in the past three generations right? I'm surprised people are hype over the concept alone. If the games themselves look awesome and fresh then maybe, but why just over the idea? Sorry just trying to keep my own excitement at a minimum before I go crazy over something like this.

DigitalOp

Banned
Here we go again!

ibcYFKzPBNfyYW.gif

omfg XD.

Im having a weird reaction to this Direct. Im' not upset like some people are, Its more like a realization. Im kinda excited for Wii U now in a way, plenty of games for me to check out now. (the system still has some issues, but it'll be fixed)

Im gonna have to pick one up with a 3DS by the end of this year it seems.

Games Im looking at:

ZombieU
TTT2
MonHunU
WWHD
Pikmin 3
W101
Maybe NSMBU
Maybe Black Ops 2
Mario Kart
3D Mario
Bayonetta 2
X
Sonic Lost World
Smash of course
Keep my eye on Yoshi

There's more than enough titles to keep me interested... Only more coming in the future It seems, And I still have my Wii backlog as well so... not bad I guess.

Im gonna buy mine used though. I aint paying 350 like a scrub lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm already excited for smash and Mario but Mario kart better be something really special for me to excited. Lol, regardless I'll buy it anyway, smh

omfg XD.

Im having a weird reaction to this Direct. Im' not upset like some people are, Its more like a realization. Im kinda excited for Wii U now in a way, plenty of games for me to check out now. (the system still has some issues, but it'll be fixed)

Im gonna have to pick one up with a 3DS by the end of this year it seems.

Games Im looking at:

ZombieU
TTT2
MonHunU
WWHD
Pikmin 3
W101
Maybe NSMBU
Maybe Black Ops 2
Mario Kart
3D Mario
Bayonetta 2
X
Sonic Lost World
Smash of course
Keep my eye on Yoshi

There's more than enough titles to keep me interested... Only more coming in the future It seems, And I still have my Wii backlog as well so... not bad I guess.

Im gonna buy mine used though. I aint paying 350 like a scrub lol

I agree with this. There are more than enough games to keep me interested. However, that's competing with all of the other games that will have me interested in the PS4/Nextbox. I just won't have the time to play all the stuff I want, and I don't plan on buying more than one console. So the question (for me) becomes - are the Wii U library, and the system features and services, compelling enough to warrant buying a Wii U over a Sony/MS box?

I think I'm like the majority of people who would buy a console. I just don't see how this could possibly compete with the other two, which doesn't bode well for the long-term success of the Wii U.

Sorry - not trying to troll or be a downer - they just need to do a lot more than they are showing in order to be competitive.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wonder if this will still be the regular Tuesday (hypothetically before E3 opens at like 12) or earlier.

Their introduction to the booth thing is Tuesday morning right?

If Nintendo is smart they would do the Direct the week before E3 so they have that week to themselves before the next gen blowout occurs that Monday.

Brofield

Here we go again!

ibcYFKzPBNfyYW.gif

For real this time, but we already knew this anyway.

You deserve that tag.

What is the original source? My only lament is the massive pixel blocks, and if I knew what I was doing I'd make it a clearer product...or an outright youtube clip.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This doesn't mean anything in its own. They 'discussed' zelda WW remake in a Nintendo direct. Discussed can be 'here is what the game looks like, it is out tomorrow!' Right the way to 'yes we are thinking about a mario kart game, we will share more information with you soon'

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This doesn't mean anything in its own. They 'discussed' zelda WW remake in a Nintendo direct. Discussed can be 'here is what the game looks like, it is out tomorrow!' Right the way to 'yes we are thinking about a mario kart game, we will share more information with you soon'

Well, Iwata already said 3D Mario and Mario Kart will be playable at E3 so...

3D Mario and Mario Kart have been confirmed to be playable at E3 since January. Smash reveal was also confirmed in January.

Wether we get screenshots or a trailer is unknown (Iwata said screens, but Sakurai tweetet he wants to give us "more", so its wait and see...).

Smash won´t be playable though.

IllumiNate

Holy Hell who is that in your avatar?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
This better not be to "discuss" how all those projects got delayed and are now 2014 and beyond

Please understand.

But seriously guys, it's Nintendo. I highly doubt all 3 will be released this year. If they are, well I'm probably getting a Wii U.

Top Bottom