• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros.3D Mario game, Mario Kart etc @ E3

Meelow

Banned
That's fair enough, and admittedly Japan is a little special as Nintendo here is publishing Rayman Legends and Lego City, which isn't true for the West. I can see a scenario where either Mario or Mario Kart slip into 2014.

Still, the Wii U line-up is looking better.

Potential latter 2013:
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Scribblenauts DC
Rayman Legends
Mario Kart
Mario Platformer
Batman Origins
Assassin's Creed 4
COD Ghosts
Lego Marvel
Wind Waker HD
Sonic: Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games

2014/Future:
Monolith Soft's 'X'
Yarn Yoshi
Bayonetta 2
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Project CARS
Retro's game
Exclusive Sonic X2
Super Smash Bros. 4

Plus, there might be a Pokemon 6th Gen Battle Simulator and Wii Sports 3 and they may bring over Yakuza 1+2 HD to the West.

Don't forget about Watch Dogs and other potential games we don't know about

RagnarokX

Is this an indication of what Mario Kart will look like? It's Mushroom Bridge from Double Dash.

z2h4WdD.jpg

Don't forget about Watch Dogs and other potential games we don't know about

Well, yeah. Obviously, that list is going to get better (hopefully) after E3. I hope Nintendo makes true on their promise to do collabs.

(Was coming back to edit watch dogs in too, realised I forgot it)

Scum

remove the 3ds games and maybe smt x fire emblem, and this is a pretty safe bet. they're all games we know are coming, and should be pretty far along in development.

the crazy stuff would be like, OH AND WE GOT PERSONA 5, MEGAMI TENSEI 3, METAL GEAR REMAKE, AND MEGA MAN LEGENDS FOR WII U IN THE NEXT YEAR.

Sega Sports resurrection must be included somewhere in there!

Scum

Well, yeah. Obviously, that list is going to get better (hopefully) after E3. I hope Nintendo makes true on their promise to do collabs.

Collabrorations will be a bloody good moneyhatting setup for Nintendo. NCL has done well with this in Japan and Iwata needs to have the same thing happen with devs & publishers in the West.

Iwata can start with my list:-

x Take2/Rockstar -> Bully sequel
x Acti -> NFC Skylanders
x Ubi -> Beyond Good and Evil 2

and work from there.

NINTENDO DIRECT SEQUENCE OF EVENTS

1) Open with Super Mario WiiU, much like how they opened with Skyward Sword one E3
2) On the topic of Mario, transition to Mario Kart WiiU
3) Still on a Mario-related note, transition to Yarn Yoshi for WiiU
4) On the topic of Yoshi, transition to Yoshi's Island for 3DS
5) Continuing the 3DS, transition to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2
6) Still on the topic of Zelda, proceed to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
7) Proceed to another fall WiiU title, namely The Wonderful 101
8) Still on the topic of Platinum Games, transition to Bayonetta 2
9) On the note of third-party collaboration, go to SMT x Fire Emblem (unlikely, but still)
10) On the note of epic RPGs, transition to Monolith Soft's X (and 3DS title, why not)
11) Touch on story-driven games for NA: Bravely Default, Layton vs. AA, MonHun 4
12) Highlight major RPGs Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (first simultaneous global launch)
13) Focus on expanded audience: Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Wii Sports U
14) Return to "core" and drop the Treasure 3DS project Bob-omb
15) Then drop the Retro Studios WiiU project Bob-omb
16) Reggie: "One more thing" -- SUPER SMASH BROS. 4

What's scary is that this is actually possible...

Meelow

Banned

Nintendo doing collabs is an amazing idea for them, it will help grow relationships with third partys and than that will help the Wii U to get multiplats, like scum said getting the biggest ones are the best, also Nintendo partnering with Rockstar would really look good.

BD1

Banned
That's fair enough, and admittedly Japan is a little special as Nintendo here is publishing Rayman Legends and Lego City, which isn't true for the West. I can see a scenario where either Mario or Mario Kart slip into 2014.

Still, the Wii U line-up is looking better.

Potential latter 2013:
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Scribblenauts DC
Rayman Legends
Mario Kart
Mario Platformer
Batman Origins
Assassin's Creed 4
COD Ghosts
Watch_Dogs
Lego Marvel
Wind Waker HD
Sonic: Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games

2014/Future:
Monolith Soft's 'X'
Yarn Yoshi
Bayonetta 2
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Project CARS
Retro's game
Exclusive Sonic X2
Super Smash Bros. 4

Plus, there might be a Pokemon 6th Gen Battle Simulator and Wii Sports 3 and they may bring over Yakuza 1+2 HD to the West.

Wii U is pretty gloomy, but the last 5 months of 2013 are going to rock.

Nintendo doing collabs is an amazing idea for them, it will help grow relationships with third partys and than that will help the Wii U to get multiplats, like scum said getting the biggest ones are the best, also Nintendo partnering with Rockstar would really look good.
i really hope that they work with square for a kingdom hearts game with nintendo worlds. or at least a few cameos.

I don't think collabs are going to mean much for future products.

Though I guess we'll see when Persona 5 isn't announced for any Nintendo systems.

Meelow

Banned
Eh, the important people from that team basically makes the Mario & Luigi series now @ Alpha Dream now anyway.

It just makes me think that I really doubt that Nintendo will miss out on a Mario RPG on Wii U, and since Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are on the 3DS, that they might be planning Mario RPG 2.

Or maybe they have another team making Paper Mario U or Paper Mario U is in early development.

Though I guess we'll see when Persona 5 isn't announced for any Nintendo systems.

Wii U exclusive or bust.

It just makes me think that I really doubt that Nintendo will miss out on a Mario RPG on Wii U, and since Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are on the 3DS, that they might be planning Mario RPG 2.

Or maybe they have another team making Paper Mario U or Paper Mario U is in early development.

Well, Paper Mario 3DS was partially outsourced to Vanpool (Dillion's Rolling Western). The game took longer than intended, so it may be that they moved part of the team to a Wii U prototype.

And hey, if it looks anything close to this, I'll be thrilled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3wFvw_cdtU

z0m3le

Banned
i think that one's definitely a ps3/psv joint.

Would make more sense to release it on 3DS which already has the same number of units in japan. Of course I don't think it should be exclusive to the platform, pushing Vita and PS3 as well wouldn't surprise me. Wii U being along for the ride would only come because of SMT x Fire Emblem, but that does make it somewhat possible. If it comes for PS3, it will likely come for 360 as well but this would be to reach those players that bought catherine on 360.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Well, Paper Mario 3DS was partially outsourced to Vanpool (Dillion's Rolling Western). The game took longer than intended, so it may be that they moved part of the team to a Wii U prototype.

Vanpool assisted in a very minor role I believe. Almost same way RED assisted in a very minor role in Fire Emblem Awakening. Both games, like all games, had a general variety of companies contributing small bits. I would assume every retail game nowadays is a multi-company affair for everyone. It is really a common practice for every company to contract different portions of production.

Look how big the 3DS game staffs are. They are bigger than GameCube games.

Nevermind the Vanpool thing. I never even looked at the credits. 50/50 it is.

VertPin

1) Open with Super Mario WiiU, much like how they opened with Skyward Sword one E3
6) Still on the topic of Zelda, proceed to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
9) On the note of third-party collaboration, go to SMT x Fire Emblem (unlikely, but still)
10) On the note of epic RPGs, transition to Monolith Soft's X (and 3DS title, why not)
11) Touch on story-driven games for NA: Bravely Default, Layton vs. AA, MonHun 4
12) Highlight major RPGs Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (first simultaneous global launch)

This would be perfect if some other developers like Square, Capcpom, Konami, etc had some exclusive games for the WiiU...

Scum

i really hope that they work with square for a kingdom hearts game with nintendo worlds. or at least a few cameos.

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.

It'll be a PS3 title first then ported over to the PSV. Then again, I want it announced for the WiiU/3DS just so I can watch the world burn. :p

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I can understand Mario Kart but we've gotten so many 3D Mario's lately that I'm more interested to see how the new Smash comes out considering there's only been three games over 15 years so far.

What? When people say 3D Mario, they mean full on platformers like Galaxy and 3D Land, not spinoffs like sport games or RPGs.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

Another fun fact is that EAD produced and had 3 graphic designers working full time on the original Paper Mario. Another small company also assisted in the graphic design department as well. All the GameCube/Wii/3DS/GBA/NDS Fire Emblem games have tons of different companies sub-contracted to help the programming/graphics.

NeonZ

That's what iwata said. That fucker better deliver on that too.

It was reconfirmed fairly recently. They are omitting the 3DS version from several of these E3 announcements listings though, so maybe it won't be there and might have a later release than the Wii U version? It'd make sense to focus on the Wii U right now, especially if they still are different games like originally announced.

Heart attacks cometh.

Discuss? I hope that means show gameplay footage.

Also, where's WWHD? I don't get expect a new 3D Zelda for WiiU to be revealed until probably next year, but I want to see WWHD.

I kind of hope WWHD adds in additional elements missing from the original. That might make it the one of the better 3D Zelda games for me.

I can understand Mario Kart but we've gotten so many 3D Mario's lately that I'm more interested to see how the new Smash comes out considering there's only been three games over 15 years so far.
I have to admit, Smash is probably the only staple franchise Nintendo has that they've been pretty restrained about milking. Each game feels like a big event in a console's life.

Not that Mario or Mario Kart aren't a big deal, but Smash, man...

Neiteio

What's nice about all this waiting is we're guaranteed a payoff of AT LEAST:

- Super Mario WiiU
- Mario Kart WiiU
- Smash Bros. 4

Nintendo has explicitly promised these three. And that's a hell of a Direct right there.

What's nice about all this waiting is we're guaranteed a payoff of AT LEAST:

- Super Mario WiiU
- Mario Kart WiiU
- Smash Bros. 4

Nintendo has explicitly promised these three. And that's a hell of a Direct right there.

That's why it can't be this "disappointment" like many are saying.

It's already better than last year's without even seeing any of the games.

If ONLY those games confirmed are there, it'd be a very good E3 if the games are excellent.

We can guess there will be more.

Neiteio

If ONLY those games confirmed are there, it'd be a very good E3 if the games are excellent.

Yep. And since they indicated it will also be about "fall and beyond," we know of two fall titles on WiiU: The Wonderful 101 and The Wind Waker HD. Where TW101 is concerned, their intent to show it in the June Direct would explain why it wasn't shown in May. And for TWW, we'll finally get to see what style they settled on and what the game looks like in motion, as well as hopefully some clarification as to its new features and content.

Going even further, I think Bayonetta 2 is likely to be shown. It's been in development for years. They teased it earlier this year with a freaking behind-the-scenes video. If E3, the biggest hardcore platform in gaming, isn't enough to show off this game that's been cooking for all this time and generated such a strong response from gaming enthusiasts, then who knows what it is.

Likewise, I bet they saw a bump in interest with X at the end of the one Nintendo Direct. It certainly is one of their most "AAA"-looking titles. Couldn't hurt to show a bit more of it.

So we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sonic: Lost World, either, especially since they didn't show footage of it in the May Direct. Perhaps they're saving it for June, assuming it's deep enough in development.

I think Bayonetta 2 footage will make this E3 special.

Do it, Platinum and Nintendo.

It's an "edgy" over the top "killer app"(many thought the first one was at least) that will really give some variety to the cartoony and whimsical titles.

Bullza2o

If they make either the 3D Mario or SSB as a playable demo at Best Buy stores, imagine the magnitude of internet excitement!

Linkhero1

That's cool and all but I really hope they do have some third party showings. Would be sad if they don't but at this point I shouldn't expect much more than this to be shown.

zroid

Banned
That's cool and all but I really hope they do have some third party showings. Would be sad if they don't but at this point I shouldn't expect much more than this to be shown.

Give up on third party, mang. It's probably not happening. Be happy we're getting these Atlus and Sega collaborations, 'cause it's all we're getting till the Wii U starts selling.

Top Bottom