• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Murdoch rebukes Trump over Charlottesville response

Cerium

It's healthy to be skeptical but I have no doubt he'd be a huge upgrade over his father.

James Murdoch, CEO of 21st Century Fox, slammed President Donald Trump on Thursday for his response to the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, joining an increasingly long list of business leaders who have publicly condemned the president's words.

”I can't even believe I have to write this: standing up to Nazis is essential; there are no good Nazis. Or Klansmen, or terrorists,"
Murdoch wrote in a memo to staff obtained by Yahoo that addresses the violence in Virginia and Trump's reaction to it. ”Democrats, Republicans, and others must all agree on this, and it compromises nothing for them to do so."

Murdoch added that ”what we watched this last week in Charlottesville and the reaction to it by the President of the United States concern all of us as Americans and free people."
In his memo, Murdoch said the week's events had shed light on the existence of hatred in the United States.

”The presence of hate in our society was appallingly laid bare as we watched swastikas brandished on the streets of Charlottesville and acts of brutal terrorism and violence perpetrated by a racist mob,"
he wrote.

James Murdoch is the son of Rupert Murdoch, the current chairman and CEO of Fox News and a personal friend and strong supporter of Trump.

He probably should do something about the hate speech that his father promotes and that he continues to allow to exist.

dontbuythesunhillsborough.jpg

Clean up your own house.

I wonder what's going to happen to fox news once the old nut sack known as Rupert kicks the bucket and his children take over. You think it will be the same or would the tone change?

commedieu

Banned
He probably should do something about the hate speech that his father promotes and that he continues to allow to exist.

dontbuythesunhillsborough.jpg

Clean up your own house.

Nah. People can do multiple things at once. Let's take condemning nazis as #1, then move on. If this is what it takes for people to bail out... it's a good step.

Not buying any of this shit at all. These are intentional leaks and damage control. I mean, first, they expect us to believe that Bannon, who ran a fucking media website, didn't know that you couldn't just call a journalist and expect everything to be off the record. Now we get all these other "leaks".

It's bullshit. They are just trying to distance themselves from what the republican party is, and what the south has always been. Racists that put their hatred of others above all else, and enshrine it in policy.

statham

But he still employs Hannity.

������

His contract is probably his dad's doing, Lets see if son renews it. But this is a right step, exp since it was a internal email. Would love to see foxnews change opinion because boss said so.

edit: If Trump loses Foxnews, he is done-zo.
edit 2: supposinly murdoch transferred the business to his sons, who are not as hard core as papa.

Top Bottom