• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville Mayor: Donald Trump responsible for white supremacist resurgence

I'm afraid to say i think it will take more dead bodies - far more dead bodies - before a large part of America comes to it's collective senses on this.

I wouldn't consider Trump a white supremacist, or even committed to the cause. Trump is a reflection of the dark underside of American society. He was able to be elected by tapping into a racial undercurrent that runs through America. One that has always existed, but has not successfully been exploited to the extent of which Trump has on a national scale.

Anion

I wouldn't consider Trump a white supremacist, or even committed to the cause. Trump is a reflection of the dark underside of American society. He was able to be elected by tapping into a racial undercurrent that runs through America. One that has always existed, but has not successfully been exploited to the extent of which Trump has on a national scale.

Whats stoping him from separating himself from them now though? He is President of the United States of America now...

Whats stoping him from separating himself from them now though? He is President of the United States of America now...

He doesn't care about the moral implications. I'd liken him to that cliche of a used car salesman, doing whatever it takes to make the sale.

watershed

Banned
I hope everyone with a spine calls out Trump. Remember this is the presidential candidate who advocated for violence against people protesting his events.

At least someone holding office finally has the balls to say it. These pieces of shit were emboldened by their Cheeto in Chief and the despicable bullshit he's been spouting since forever. To hell with meeting them in the middle or hearing them out.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I want to hear words like these from actual country's leaders, but it'll take probably way more to finally get there.

At least I'm pretty sure MY country's chancellor will take a long ass time to step up.

No your wrong Trump is committed to the cause he would not have put actual white supremacists in cabinet positions if he were not committed to the cause. Also its not the dark underside of america its been up front and center since america was founded. To say this has not been successfully exploited to the extent Trump has on a national scale is just flat out wrong when America's history is full of stuff that proves that wrong starting with slavery, 3/5 compromise, chinese exclusion act, jim crow, japanese interment camps etc. More recently Ronald Regan did a much better job of fanning the flames of white peoples fear and hatred and a lot people still remember him fondly despite him being a despicable human being.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
One of the things pointed out about Trump's ever-shifting positions during the campaign was that when you look at his life, there are only two things he has consistently believed in: he's racist and doesn't like free trade agreements.

One of the things pointed out about Trump's ever-shifting positions during the campaign was that when you look at his life, there are only two things he has consistently believed in: he's racist and doesn't like free trade agreements.

Yep. His dislike for black people goes back decades and decades.

Thank you. That orange fuck was spouting racist shit during his campaign, stayed silent about white supremacist groups, encouraged violence against liberals and is a soulless egotistical piece of trash.

Paz

I disagree and think this was inflammatory to say, poor form

If you disagree with someone that humans can't breath under water it doesn't give you gills.

The mayor stated a fact, it doesn't matter if you disagree with it.

There's no doubt that Donald's empowered them, but I think his presidency is more of a symptom of the rise of the alt-right in the west than a cause.

tbm24

There's no doubt that Donald's empowered them, but I think his presidency is more of a symptom of the rise of the alt-right in the west than a cause.
It's not that Trump is the origin for this, it's that Trump has time and again has lit a fire under their asses that you could argue could have emboldened that nazi to use his car to murder someone.

Zero lies detected.

SCANNING AGAIN.

ZERO LIES DETECTED.

100% MIRACULOUS TRUTH.

giphy.gif

Jenov

The mayor is right. It was blatantly clear during the election what was going on, and Donald did little to nothing to disavow it so it has become a bigger problem since. Now with the whole "both sides" bullshit, it just legitimizes and empowers them more. Terrible. These are people that are marching with fucking Nazi flags, wtf is the US president trying to stay neutral on that.

We got white supremacists in the white house and there's no way around that. Trump, perhaps he's just a dumb vessel with no ideology, but Bannon, Miller, those guys around him, there is every indication that they have a fully ethno-nationalist view of America, they want destabilization, they're willing to sell out democracy for their vision, and other racists are getting the message clearly.

So when Miller(or whoever) gets on a stage with some stuff like "oh, that poem wasn't added to the Statue of Liberty until later" at some point it's time to dispense with the "well what do you mean by that?" noise. We know what he means. He knows what he means. White supremacists know what he means. More than ever there's no reason to fuck around with this stuff.

Top Bottom