• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Has Finally Condemned Neo-Nazis & KKK Two Days After Neo-Nazi Kills Protester

Ithil

Duh, but it's still shocking that he actually said it.

No it isn't. He was getting shat on by everyone, his staff were obviously going to conclude he had to be seen with a stronger statement to try to mitigate the flood of negative coverage.

This means about as much as his "Sorry I got caught" statement after the tape of him bragging about sexually assaulting women was released where he read out a generic statement about how he didn't mean it and was very sorry and respects women blah blah.

He deserves zero credit for this.

Zero.

Not shocking in the least to me. This was always the plan. Vague denouncement of violence on many sides initially, followed by a carefully worded, insincere statement days later. Nazis are watching this saying, "He had to say that for political reasons, but we know how it really feels."

Call me when Trump speaks from the heart on the subject.
i will never call you then

HylianTom

Banned
"Hey guys.. racism is evil!
And pay no attention to my court nominees, or my executive actions, or the laws I push.
"

Worst President Ever said:
I just met with FBI director Christopher Wray, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that killed one innocent American, and wounded twenty others.

CALL IT TERRORISM. That's what it is. A terrorist attack.

He did not once use the word 'terrorism' or 'terror' in his entire statement.

Foffy

Banned
Too little too late, Orange Con Man.

Eat shit. This is just a PR response because he was getting bodied for making a "both sides" remark.

mas8705

Screwed if he said it, screwed if he didn't say it. Ironically, only Trump can be the only person to be able to pull off both at the same time.

Naturally it had to take a protester's death making national news before the shit stain could force himself to say this.

Empty words from a bigot.

Fuck you, Trump.

aOJfsPx.png
This is good.

It's important that he did this, regardless of sincerity. Of course he's dishonest here as he always is, but still. When shit is this crazy the bare minimum is paying lip service to normalcy.

No it isn't. He was getting shat on by everyone, his staff were obviously going to conclude he had to be seen with a stronger statement to try to mitigate the flood of negative coverage.

This means about as much as his "Sorry I got caught" statement after the tape of him bragging about sexually assaulting women was released where he read out a generic statement about how he didn't mean it and was very sorry and respects women blah blah.

He deserves zero credit for this.

Zero.
I know he deserves zero credit I'm just still surprised he ever said it. It seems counter productive to him continuing to court his followers, it obviously has nothing to do with actual empathy.

BajiBoxer

Banned
He led his statement braging about job creation. It was all very self serving. I almost shut it off thinking this wasn't a follow up to what he said previously.

His forced apology was always going to happen. We've been through this BS so many times in the past 2 years with Trump. It's always the same song and dance. He refuses to oppose it until it once again becomes an international embarrassment. Then he forces out a statement to rectify the problem by saying the bare minimum. Damage has already been done. People knew what he meant except for the silent majority that just want to keep peace and will take it at face value. Look at his Twitter or every other group he has attacked, compared to when he is being forced to do something he doesn't want to do.

"he is only saying that because of pressure, his refusal originally is his true beliefs"

Exactly what will be said and guess what?
their right

UberTag

This is the equivalent of "its just a prank bro". He is only saying what he needs to say because he got called out for his bullshit.
PewDiePie tried this shtick as well. We all saw how sincere he was when he went right back to the well immediately afterwards.

Call me when Trump speaks from the heart on the subject.
Has Trump spoke from the heart on any subject that doesn't revolve around how great he thinks he is? I sure as fuck haven't heard it if he has.

yyzjohn

Banned

ISOM

I know he deserves zero credit I'm just still surprised he ever said it. It seems counter productive to him continuing to court his followers, it obviously has nothing to do with actual empathy.

He couldn't not say it. I knew he would eventually cave due to the pressures of him being criticized by a lot of people both on the left and the right. Make no mistake though, he doesn't give a shit.

CHC

I actually like this outcome because it's obviously meaningless but also pisses of his racist base. So it's like the worst possible way he could have done with regards to his reputation.

Nightbird

“Racism is evil,” Mr. Trump said. “And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the K.K.K., neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but considering we're talking about Trump, I really want to know who those other hate groups are he had in mind.

Because, depending on what it is, his message becomes a whole lot weaker than it already is

hiryu64

Quoting a post I just made in another thread about this:
Sounds like someone's been browsing 4chan. (NSFW link to /pol/ thread saved on archive.is)
>Keep the long-term goals covert, and don't ever reveal your power level. Talking openly about an white ethnostate only leads to failure and the average public turning against you, so disavow anyone who reveals his power level. Leftists will recognize dog whistles and know we're crypto[fascists], but normies won't listen to them.
Granted, this could be tongue-in-cheek given the use of the phrase "crypto," but regardless, the sentiment is there.

smurfx

get some go again
lol wonder who forced him to issue this statement. we know damn well he doesn't really believe any of this.

He probably threw up after the speech, the orange pig.

And I just cant agree.

At least in a reality where he never came out and said this, all of the cards would be on the table in this country for once.

Now we have deal with those who will look and say "oh look the president said something against it" and return back to their jolly every day lives since the fear that their government might actually be run by white nationalists has been "subdued".

Now we have to cross our eyes every time someone throws out a "but at least he spoke against it" despite everyone with some common sense knowing he meant none of it.

His words did nothing but let the people who sit idly by and let this poison continue to spread throughout our country through their inaction know that they can afford to sit around a little longer.

Agreeing with these from the other thread. Worth quoting here.

You guys are acting like its better Trump didn't say anything at all to condemn these racist acts. I mean, I see where you're coming from but I think even a probably forced statement condemning these racists acts is better than saying "All sides are bad" and leaving it at that like he did yesterday morning

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Watched the video. No emotion, no empathy, no sign of much of anything shown during delivery. Clearly just a pre-scripted message meant to get everyone off his back. "I said the words see! Now leave me alone!"

You guys are acting like its better Trump didn't say anything at all to condemn these racist acts. I mean, I see where you're coming from but I think even a probably forced statement condemning these racists acts is better than saying "All sides are bad" and leaving it at that like he did yesterday morning

Empty words can be even more dangerous in the long-term though.

subrock

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, Neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to what we hold dear as Americans,” he winked. President Trump then uncrossed his fingers and left the podium.

Top Bottom