• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nazis felt loved by Trump's statement on Charlottesville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
I hear u, but all in all, I don't think a random guy who's contemplating spending a few years here is going to run into a situation where a cop mistakenly shoots him, or lets something illegal happen to him unpunished. as long as you're following the law, you're probably going to have a fine time in the USA no matter what colour you are.

Canada, New Zealand, and Australia are great I'm sure, but I'd argue the diversity you'd encounter is greater here and worth the slight chance you'll run into a tragedy like this.

why do you care so much if tourists come to the us

do u work for the tourism dept? is this astroturfing?

Oriel

I told a friend about this before the election and his response was: "I can understand why he'd do that - blacks lower property values."

I chalked it up as an off-color joke, but now I'm not sure.

Recently had a conversation with the same guy about some issues and he honestly considers the extreme right to be "equally toxic" as the far left. Apparently jingoistic xenophobia is the same as overzealous idealism because "compassion is toxic" and makes us "helpless children."

I'm so disappointed, and I don't know what to do beyond simply not interacting with this individual anymore after what I thought was a pretty good decade-long friendship.

"Compassion is toxic"....hmm, the exact same sort of rhetoric another bunch of cretins from the 1940's espoused as well, resulting in the murders of millions of disabled people. I remember reading of those deemed "unworthy" of life and being classed as a "useless eaters" who were to be exterminated. It upset me greatly because my own partner is someone with a condition from birth that would have seen her put down like a animal. So when I hear such rhetoric like from your now ex-friend I just want to punch these cunts so hard in the face. Just who the FUCK do they think they are?!

EGM1966

So Trump is so bad he can't even take an easy win and go "Nazi's are bad"?

Not surprised I suppose. Glad to see other Tepyblicans having the decency to do so and to even use terrorism as an identifier for the incident.

It was, amongst a brawl, a deliberate act of domestic terrorism. Trying to hide from the ugly truth is the worst way to go: just ask Germany who'll be happy to explain.

Pure luck there was only one fatality there could easily have been multiple.

wtf is wrong with her?

U9Yt4VV.gif

Oriel

Nah, he's one of the Good Ones ™.

I guess. In the coming 4th Reich there'll need to be some "negroids" kept around to resume their natural role as servants to the Master Race as well as become exhibits in the Reich's zoological gardens "Beasts of Africa" attractions.

Fucking snark obv

rjinaz

The staunchest Trump defenders on GAF never admit to voting for Trump. They just spend their time in Trump related threads where he did something awful, and find themselves on the defensive time and time again. Then we're supposed to find them impartial. Lol come on man. I'm not sure if it's just trolling or if it's that they actually believe they are some paragon of impartiality. If it's the latter, please reflect on why you only find yourself defending that man and never spend the same amount of effort condemning him.

Anyway, I knew this would happen after I heard the speech. He specifically didn't call anybody out. He doesn't care about what happened. If this was a Muslim American that did this he would have been going on a twitter rant nonstop.

Fuck Trump. Fuck the Americans that voted for him or those that "didn't", but defend him.
The decent people in this country better get out there and stop this come 2018 and 2020. Stop Trump and the people that support him because this country is going to hell, and fast.

Baki

Of course they did, that's what it was designed to so.

Placate the general population, but not piss off his Nazi base.

Pretty much.

He avoided making a direct and clear condemnation. Actually didn't condemn them at all. Did the both sides bullshit.

III-V

Pretty much.

He avoided making a direct and clear condemnation. Actually didn't condemn them at all. Did the both sides bullshit.

Right, there was no condemnation of the KKK or David Duke or neo-nazis at a gathering where these terrorists caused the deaths of 3 people and injured many more.

Its mind fuck boggling.

the 'witch hunt' was referring to someone who went through months of my posts to make it sound like I voted for trump, support racism or homophobia. it had nothing to do with the topic dude. the positivity I suggest is to stop hating one another and let everyone live in peace. rather than telling people on neogaf that the US is a bad country to spend a few years abroad in. it's a great place overall. no immigrant should be scared of a cop.

Actually, I think it came from the fact that in a thread about a topic encompassing:

- Racism
- Acts of terrorism by racists
- A president not condemning either the racism or terrorism

The only thing that motivate you enough to join the discussion was defending against someone pissed at Trump supporters and defending against someone saying he doesn't feel like he wants to visit America anymore.

Not a word condemning the racists. Not a word condemning the terrorist. Not a word addressing the presidents inability to address either. Not in the past. Not now.

Piled together with your inability to criticise Trump and only interest in defending him, your "I didn't vote for Trump so cool it with your assumptions"/"Im just trying to help" angle needed a little bit of scrutiny.

Even now you only want to turn a thread about the relationship between racists, racist terrorists and the president, into a "but America and it's police are awesome though!" discussion.

Seriously starting to look at retiring outside this country. As I've said before, even if Trump gets dumped in 2020 he will have fucked the US for at least a generation.

Baki

Right, there was no condemnation of the KKK or David Duke or neo-nazis at a gathering where these terrorists caused the deaths of 3 people and injured many more.

Its mind fuck boggling.

It's because he's one of them. So was his dad.

Skatterd

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

This is what bothers me the most and this is why trump is so dangerous. He emboldens this kind of action. He never talks about what makes America great, he always talks about what makes America so bad. We as Americans should be above this and the fact that the president can't call a spade a spade and condemn fucking Nazis is beyond the pale. Everyone in this country should be ashamed right now. And we all need to fight this and fight this ignorant cheeto fuck in the White House who fuels this kind of behavior.

The silver lining is that I think this has irreparably hurt Trump's support among his non-Nazi voters.

When major news outlets like Fox have conversations about comparing BLM's right to have their concerns heard as much as Nazi's - I repeat, Nazi's - I genuinely fear how desensitized a lot of his voters are going to become.

Dierce

When major news outlets like Fox have conversations about comparing BLM's right to have their concerns heard as much as Nazi's - I repeat, Nazi's - I genuinely fear how desensitized a lot of his voters are going to become.

His supporters literally believe in the following, "we are not nazi but if keep calling us that you'll push us to be nazis".

They are all deranged individuals who will only keep growing more extreme.

linkboy

The silver lining is that I think this has irreparably hurt Drumpf's support among his non-Nazi voters.

I doubt it.

People like my dad are so far up the GOP's ass, they can't tell right from wrong anymore.

The only thing they know is that anyone who doesn't share their beliefs are the enemy.

Surfinn

The Nazis are confirming everything Trump was criticised for yesterday.

He didn't call out Nazis for their hate being the reason why people died and got hurt, or why anything even happened at ALL, and he ignored the question about white supremacy.

Trump's actions and words were a huge win for both Nazis and hatred in general.

This both sides shit is straight up siding with evil

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Jesus wept. They just don't ever want to admit they were wrong. That's literally it at this point. Like what does it take? You elected an imbecile.

Every time someone tries to defend Trump, I'm going to bring this up first and foremost. Fuck all of them, they're enabling white supremacy blatantly at this point.

Whoever is running the Yes You're Racist twitter is putting in work ID'ing people.
https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist
14641837_G.jpg

http://www.ktvn.com/story/36123640/unr-student-marches-in-charlottesville-white-nationalist-rally
20 year-old Reno resident Peter Cvjetanovic.

Cvjetanovic is an undergraduate at the university studying history and political science

”I came to this march for the message that white European culture has a right to be here just like every other culture, ”Cvjetanovic says. ”It is not perfect; there are flaws to it, of course. However I do believe that the replacement of the statue will be the slow replacement of white heritage within the United States and the people who fought and defended and built their homeland. Robert E Lee is a great example of that. He wasn't a perfect man, but I want to honor and respect what he stood for during his time."

Photos of Cvjetanovic protesting circulated on social media, denouncing Cvjetanovic as a racist.

”I did not expect the photo to be shared as much as it was. I understand the photo has a very negative connotation. But I hope that the people sharing the photo are willing to listen that I'm not the angry racist they see in that photo."

However Cvjetanovic, a self-proclaimed white nationalist, defends his beliefs.

”As a white nationalist, I care for all people. We all deserve a future for our children and for our culture. White nationalists aren't all hateful; we just want to preserve what we have."​
Again disproving the notion that these racists/white nationalists/white supremacists are uneducated. They're fully educated and twisting the truth to fit their white ethnocentric persecution narrative. His face is the most punchable one out of these photos.

Vamphuntr

Down the slippery slope the US goes. If the commander in chief doesn't denounce these acts for what they are it will only normalize them. Skimming through news websites the comment sections are gross with people defending the murderer. Trump emboldened these people that think "Makes America Great Again" is to "Make America White again". I'm just waiting for the nazis protests where they destroy a liberal figure statue or start burning books they don't like and it will be WWII Germany all over again.

Astral Dog

What year is it? Jesus Christ.
Like the year matters when racism, homophobia, nationalism, religion, fascism , classism have been a problem of all people for hundreds of years with much more to come.

sorry its not about you its that these comments always bother me they mention the year like it means much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom