• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes February 10th

Amir0x

Banned
XBOX ASTERISK is the new meme, holy shit that's awesome. We sold the most (between Xbox 360 and Xbox One, that is!)

I read half way through Aquamarine's post and thought to myself 'very witty' then scrolled past it.

Totally didn't see that being a real MS release.

Edit : Server failure caused the late response lol

I did not expect 2x Sales here in the US. That is staggering to me. Maining the PS4 is somewhere in the 400K range and X1 is only in the 200K range? Man ....

With the 2x sales advantage in the US and the near 5-6:1 advantage in the EU and the 1,000,000:1 advantage in Japan lol. This could become a very ugly generation for MS pretty quickly.

If the Titanfall release does not give a MASSIVE bump in sales for March / April ... could be interesting.

Yeah, no. That's a collapse.

Even the PS3 managed 244K in its first January.

Fake edit: So PS4 around 290K. While still being somewhat supply constrained? The thirst is real.

Texhex

Banned
jb2IMoqUqxoBau.jpg

gtj1092

Wow 150K is bad. What percentage drop from December to Janurary is that compared to Wii U's drop from December to Janurary last year?

VanWinkle

PS4 doubled XB1 sales in January?! WHAT?! I never even saw the thing on shelves EVER! XB1 is ALWAYS on shelves. I mean, I guess that could mean that PS4 just keeps selling out whenever it goes on, but I literally NEVER see it on shelves.

Pooya

the difference must be significant enough for them not releasing numbers for the first time and writing up that 'we need good news' pr piece. lol

edit: here we go then lol

GhaleonEB

Is this satire?

edit: nm, it's real. I couldn't tell, honestly!

I couldn't tell either. I honestly thought it was fanfic until halfway through!

Comparatively, Xbox One consoles have sold at a rate of 2.29 times faster than Xbox 360 in the U.S. in the same timeframe for the first three months on the market.
We should be able to tell how the Xbox One did from these figures.

PS4 at nearly 2x XBox One....wow. That answers the question we've been wondering since launch.

Ishan

doubling ... hmm does not sound good for one. all the lawaway and walmart deals make a lot more sense now.

Road

It's hidden in there. 2.29x faster than the 360 which sold 1.96M units in its first three months. Subtract the 1.82 Xbones sold through in Nov-Dec and you get ~140K. Or 146K more precisely by what I have.

I have the same -- 145k. Unless NPD has retroactively adjusted the sales, that should be it.

And ~290k for the PS4.

XBO is bad and PS4 is mediocre (but there's still the stock situation).

Wow, my predictions are gonna be off by like 100K now at least, thanks Xbone.

I think the 3DS may have outsold it too. It's plausible the 360 is quite close.

Top Bottom