• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I'm in - grabbing the combo pack from his website :)

I'm re-enrolling at my mantis class in March, so hopefully this'll go some way to getting my stamina and flexibility back before then.

You'll be a believer. It also helps Kimberly is part of the group that does the exercises.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower was there a February poll?

No :( I'm sorry :(

EDIT: I can make one, with no Fave Five (because those are hard to compile) but with general questions if you'd like! I have time for that!

Twin Magic Edit:
Laserfrog almost convinced me to buy Euro Truck Simulator 2

I bought it before I knew he had, it was a surprise to see us both truckin'. It's really good. The Railworks of the stuffy European roads.

No :( I'm sorry :(

EDIT: I can make one, with no Fave Five (because those are hard to compile) but with general questions if you'd like! I have time for that!

Meh your call. If there's any other specific content anyone wants in there let me know.

Right now I'll have something for the Chikara Season 12, National wrestling day, Elimination Chamber, NXT...

Pepsicity said:
If there's any other specific content anyone wants in there let me know.

Right now I'll have something for the Chikara Season 12, National wrestling day, Elimination Chamber, NXT...

Please make some mention of New Japan;

NJPW - The New Beginning - live worldwide via iPPV on February 10th;

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972 - pre-order now for $25

15:00 JST | 07:00 CET | 06:00 GMT | 01:00 EST | 00:00 CST | 22:00 PST

ibvPKYGS0iW1C.jpg

• IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Karl Anderson
  • IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: Prince Devitt (c) vs Ryusuke Taguchi
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)

The phase effect was nice, the use of the right and left channels was interest, but just lasted too long.
There's a point on the video where you crash into a barrier and I would have expected that to have been a queue for change since it was left in. If it hadn't been left in, then I think the inevitable 'truck on it's side' ending would have been a little bit more funny/tragic.

The other videos were better/funnier because it's footage of the game and your rather gifted soft minor tone voice adds to the overall apathy towards bad games. Also you use valid issues/complaints for the jokes.

Perhaps expectations were too great since you said you thought it was the best yet :(

Laserfrog

The phase effect was nice, the use of the right and left channels was interest, but just lasted too long.
There's a point on the video where you crash into a barrier and I would have expected that to have been a queue for change since it was left in. If it hadn't been left in, then I think the inevitable 'truck on it's side' ending would have been a little bit more funny/tragic.

The other videos were better/funnier because it's footage of the game and your rather gifted soft minor tone voice adds to the overall apathy towards bad games. Also you use valid issues/complaints for the jokes.

Perhaps expectations were too great since you said you thought it was the best yet :(

Oh no, I meant the one I'm working on now. I always think the current one I'm working on is the best yet. I appreciate the feedback though.

Please make some mention of New Japan;

NJPW - The New Beginning - live worldwide via iPPV on February 10th;

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972 - pre-order now for $25

15:00 JST | 07:00 CET | 06:00 GMT | 01:00 EST | 00:00 CST | 22:00 PST

http://i3.minus.com/ibvPKYGS0iW1C.jpg[img]

[list][*]IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: [b]Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Karl Anderson[/b][/list]
[list][*]IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: [b]Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)[/b][/list]
[list][*]IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: [b]Prince Devitt (c) vs Ryusuke Taguchi[/b][/list]
[list][*]IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: [b]Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)[/b][/list][/QUOTE]

Will do!

[quote="Sunflower, post: 47128979"]WrassleGAF February Poll is here, vote early and often! Also, this is an "Absolute" poll - no room to describe your answers, nor can you pick more than one anything.

[url]https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tYg_JuECRTZUcmavNfgRUsA2qN5nDSmjNKBbrgy9eIw/viewform?sid=5f8080ba2d1112fa&token=T0RkkTwBAAA.qs5ZBMX-jOrgT0kaXpBq2Q.33KKVKwHi5rsdeNRNYX5TA [/url][/QUOTE]

Voted.

I'll also write something up for GWF but I have no idea what yet.

strobogo

Banned
I was thinking about getting a Wii U, but then I realized I'm not really into Nintendo franchises that aren't Mario. A new Zelda or Metroid game do nothing for me. I feel like it would end up being like when I got a Wii, played it for 3 months, then didn't touch it for a year. I can't think of too many games that look better on a Wii U than 360.

There are more 3DS games I'm interested in, but I've never been much of a handheld guy. And now that I've piggie backed HBO Go from my mom's cable account, a first run through of The Wire is going to keep me occupied for awhile. And WCW. And kettlebells. I'm already hooked on The Wire two episodes in and I have 4 months of WCW left.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll also write something up for GWF but I have no idea what yet.

Neither do I. Don't worry about it. GWF will come back for the Farewell Tour which should be a leg of episodes leading to the end.

We also had that great series of Champion vs Champion matches with Punk and Bryan though

Not yet.

Those were all between EC and Wrestlingmania. Right now we had Jericho calling every other wrestler a move/gimmick/style thief, slut-shaming, Kane before he was kool, and a surprisingly boring Punk/Ziggler feud wrapping up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Very funny, person who voted Bo Dallas as their favorite wrassler. :|

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was you Bootaaay

It was you all alonggggg

(voting for Bo)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keep in mind the debuts of some successful stars. Go back and watch them if it's been a while.

Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
The Rock
Kane...just kidding

and many more...

All bad debut months. Too early to judge what Bo can be, but we sure can hate him now, we're in the safe month where he can do no right.

gurudyne

Man deserves two spots on the Top 5.

And people here hate on Bo way too much. You'd think it was the second coming of the Higher Burying Power associated with the collected egos of SuperCena, HHH, Russo and Hogan. I'm not familiar with his work aside from the annoyingly catchily annoying entrance music and the one match, but if he's as bad as everyone says he is, he'll have a short boost and then fall into 3MB/Tensai/Brodus jobber territory before long.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hell people didn't like Cesaro's debut either. "Cesaro? Antonio? What a stupid name to change him to. Rugby? And they paired her with Aksana? Jesus you might as well stick in a fork in him, his career is fucked and he'll never recover."

Cagey

Banned
Hell people didn't like Cesaro's debut either. "Cesaro? Antonio? What a stupid name to change him to. Rugby? And they paired her with Aksana? Jesus you might as well stick in a fork in him, his career is fucked and he'll never recover."

If you're an IWC indie darling and you're not moonpushed, you're doomed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still more sad and upset about the fall of Giant Bernard than anything involving Bo Dallas or Punk or anything really. :(

strobogo

Banned
There hasn't been a good debut in years. They've all been just random "and here is a new wrestler" or NXT. Kharma I guess. Cena had a pretty decent, if generic debut.

But you can probably count on one hand the memorable debuts in the past decade in WWE. The last truly memorable one to me was Brock's.

Top Bottom