• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
Fill it only with TNA Sting gifs.

5Pn3f.gif

so47s7.gif

heath-farley-o.gif

OY7NR.gif

iuTuZym3w2Tl5.gif

Big One

Banned
Giving Sting time to get in shape is a pretty good decision imo. And building him up for a year-long run for the eventual dream match is a great idea.

So excited for Sting. I haven't seen anything he's done in TNA so I don't know if he's still GOT IT, but come on it's the WWE, if he doesn't he'll shape up. This is going to be everything I imagined.

Right
?

Vylash

So excited for Sting. I haven't seen anything he's done in TNA so I don't know if he's still GOT IT, but come on it's the WWE, if he doesn't he'll shape up. This is going to be everything I imagined.

Right
?

Get ready for Sting and Los Matadores vs The Real Americans with Zeb Coulter!

strobogo

Banned
I'm more exited for a real Sting DVD than him actually having any matches. A match with Taker would be a bonus. I just want the DVD and him promoted as one of the GOATS. Get in the HOF. Be talking head for The Network. Bury HHH.

Simo

Attended Smackdown tonight, which was my first live WWE event since I was kid seeing Taker vs Sid Justice at the Birmingham NEC arena some moons ago, and it was a fantastic show. Kind of confused how it ended since the last match was announced as the "main event" featuring
Bryan vs Bray Wyatt
after what I thought was the Smackdown main event featuring a 6 man tag match featuring
The Shield vs Bryan, Sheamus and Mysterio

Incidentally, Rusev opened the event with a match against Tyson Kidd. He had a blonde female ring announcer/manager with him
and won with the finisher being a camel clutch

strobogo

Banned
His blonde manager is also from NXT. They have zero chemistry together and her translation gimmick doesn't even make sense since they are speaking different languages.

I wonder how much of the Sting DVD wwe already has done.

Wasnt it on a list of up coming DVD's a year or two ago when the Sting/WWE rumours seemed actually legit, before it became clear it was just a way for him to get more money out of TNA?

strobogo

Banned
I assume everything is already available since his best matches are on Nitro (which will be on the network) and PPVs (which will be on the Network). Plus COTC, which had been digitized and made HD.

Attended Smackdown tonight, which was my first live WWE event since I was kid seeing Taker vs Sid Justice at the Birmingham NEC arena some moons ago, and it was a fantastic show. Kind of confused how it ended since the last match was announced as the "main event" featuring
Bryan vs Bray Wyatt
after what I thought was the Smackdown main event featuring a 6 man tag match featuring
The Shield vs Bryan, Sheamus and Mysterio

Incidentally, Rusev opened the event with a match against Tyson Kidd. He had a blonde female ring announcer/manager with him
and won with the finisher being a camel clutch

Those are called "dark" main events. As in, they don't get aired on TV. Just a bonus for the live audience to send them home happy.

MG310

His blonde manager is also from NXT. They have zero chemistry together and her translation gimmick doesn't even make sense since they are speaking different languages.

Not sure why they do that. Can't even decide if they have chemistry or not because they barely interact with eachother at all.

Simo

Those are called "dark" main events. As in, they don't get aired on TV. Just a bonus for the live audience to send them home happy.

Ahh thats what I figured but was confused when they announced it as the "main event" considering the match before. Cheers though!

Again, a great fun night with plenty of great matches at a fun venue.

Yeah she was pretty terrible. Aside from coming out and introducing him she didn't do...well anything but stand at ringside.

strobogo

Banned
Smackdown seems way more enjoyable to go to than Raw since it's shorter and more wrestling heavy and you don't have to do so much waiting while nothing happens.

Smackdown seems way more enjoyable to go to than Raw since it's shorter and more wrestling heavy and you don't have to do so much waiting while nothing happens.

Cant watch SD anymore purely because of the fake crowd sounds.

Sounds so forces and fake and they can never get the mix between the crowd and announcers right. Its like watching WWE with a plastic bag over your head

Also WTF happened with CBOAT?

Simo

Yeah. I mean I've never been to a Raw show but tonight kicked off at 7pm and ended at at 10:30-10:45 with only 1 in ring mic segment with The Shield and Triple H and everything else was match after match. Not that much filler honestly.

UberTag

Can't wait until Cena feuds with Rusev so he can destroy his gimmick by pointing that out.

It's almost like they leave these little loose threads out there intentionally so Cena has a string to pull later.

strobogo

Banned
Aiden English: LOL your video has an empty theater because no one wants to hear you

Sami Zayn: LOL you're so skinny and hairy and a GINGER!

Adrian Neville: LOL you got big floppy ears!

Enzo Amore: LOL that's not how you spell soft!

Corey Graves: :LOL your pants are so tight!

The Ascension: LOL Brood 2.0

Sylvester Lefort: LOL French people are gays!

Scott Dawson: LOL you're such a redneck!

Tyler Breeze: LOL you're so GIRLY

Bo Dallas: LOL IRS' kid why don't you do my taxes!

There, all of NXT Cenaburied in 3 minutes.

G-Fex

Wrestlemania XIX and the Day of Reckoning games are far better. Despite that I still put dozens of hours into X8 back in the day.

I wish I had XIX but I do have DoR.

X8 seems budgeted but still is far more fun than those stupid new WWE games.

strobogo

Banned
-Christian talks to Renee Young backstage about being back and winning the Elimination Chamber.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT.

Lol. Like that will ever, ever, ever happen. Cesaro has a better chance of winning than him.

Is DoR2 worth getting on the cheap if I loved HCTP back in the day?

They're completely different games with completely different engines. It's worth getting on the cheap because it's basically the AKI engine with updated graphics and wrestlers, but not because you liked HCTP.

Raw 2 > all

It's a full HIAC and you can throw them off it through the announcer's table doing any move you want.

The rest of the game is garbage.

Top Bottom