• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese devs (Square/Atlus/etc) discuss their future games for PlayStation 20th [UP]

Regarding the unannounced Atlus games, from last year:

Issen Yamai (Atlus Director)
Favorite games: Grand Theft Auto V and Pokopan

I think 2014 will be a year of preparation for the Maniax team and I. We’re working here and there on the next title. You won’t be hearing from us for a while, you might think we left office or died. (Laughs)

(http://www.gonintendo.com/s/219902-...se-devs-share-their-2014-aspirations?style=12)

So the unannounced game could include something from them. Maniax did some of the best content in Nocturne, and I think they worked on SMT IV too.

FluxWaveZ

I hope one of Atlus' announcements is Shin Megami Tensei 5 or Devil Survivor 3.

I wouldn't really expect those to be on a Playstation console, though. 3DS or the 3DS successor would seem like the logical home (especially for Devil Survivor 3). I'd think whatever Meguro is hinting at might be something smaller and more off beat (ala Catherine).

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't really expect those to be on a Playstation console, though. 3DS or the 3DS successor would seem like the logical home (especially for Devil Survivor 3). I'd think whatever Meguro is hinting at might be something smaller and more off beat (ala Catherine).

Even though the interview was published in Dengeki PlayStation, I wouldn't assume everything in it relates to PlayStation.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, though there could be a more significant move to console RPGs from Atlus after they are done with Persona 5. Reusing assets is part of their m.o., and they had a whole new, in-house engine built for P5 that they'll certainly be reusing for further titles.

EMT0

Banned
Yeah, though there could be a more significant move to console RPGs from Atlus after they are done with Persona 5. Reusing assets is part of their m.o., and they had a whole new, in-house engine built for P5 that they'll certainly be reusing for further titles.

Here's hoping.

Voliko

I hope one of Atlus' announcements is Shin Megami Tensei 5 or Devil Survivor 3.
Survivor 3 please, anything from that team will do. I think we are long overdue for a brand new SMT spinoff, it's been many years now. Something fresh like Radiant Historia was could be awesome too.

I sure hope that's the case. I'd love another SMT title as gorgeous as Nocturne is. I also hope Atlus has something brilliant and unexpected like Catherine in the works.

DNAbro

Last stuff for people who don't want to re read the OP:

Atlus (Shoji Meguro):

Atlus (Kazuhisa Wada):

Spike-Chunsoft (Kodaka Kazutaka):

Spike-Chunsoft (Yoshinori Terasawa):

FUCK YEAH DANGANRONPA. Expecting the announcement sometime next year.

There is the 6 month "Is TLG still in development?" update.

See you again at E3 for the next one when someone awkwardly asks Shu about it again after it no shows.

Ueda will only realease the game when everyone believes! It's interesting to note that Ueda was there for the PSX convention. That seems to give credence to some rumors that TLG was actually planned on being unveiled before being pulled last minute?
Is this a fever dream? Maybe he was there to troll us all....

We are currently making proper preparations for the new Danganronpa title.
latest

wmlk

I wonder if the Spike-Chunsoft interview came before the Etrian Odyssey x Mystery Dungeon announcement. Sure seems like it.

Kuraudo

Banned
Oh boy! A new game by the guy who gave us Unlimited SaGa and another by the guy who gave us the FFXIII trilogy! You really know how to spoil us, SE!

The Last Guardian has had lots of growing pains, but talks with SCE management have all been cleared and development is currently underway in a different environment (PS4 move most likely). I'm also working on other things.

just read the updated one, ps move? the fuck?
hopefully this isn't compulsory or i'm fucking pissed

orujkH3.jpg

Hydrargyrus

It's a freaking huge list of japanese developers... The next months or the next TGS, in the last case, could be terrific!

PS4 is a beast

Top Bottom