• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 2 Re-Release For Vita

Yup. Lots of non-confirmations, which I'm sorry about.

It will definitely be digitally available on the Vita, but everything outside of that is somewhat unclear. OTL

(my site)

is the psp remake playable on vita already?

if it is a new remake, I hope they redo Rena's portrait so she doesn't look like a kid as she did in the psp remake

that was pretty creepy

BasilZero

Huh, weird that they'd skip the first one, isn't it?

I mean I have them all, but haven't played any

what about the first? Never played any and this could be a good way of getting into them...

Well according to the source - they are remaking Star Ocean 2.

Star Ocean 2 on the PSP was pretty much a direct port with a few changes.

Star Ocean 1 on PSP was a remake of Star Ocean 1. Both looked and sounded different.

So a remake of 2 is a good idea , but dayum, only Vita? :(.

Hopefully this leads to a remake of Star Ocean 3....with better assets lol.

Oh. Didn't realise this had its own thread already!

What is dis? I'd have to assume it's the PSP version just made compatible with Vita (yay, maybe it'll come to the west!)... because surely if it was PS1 version, that'd be listed as coming to PS3 as well?

Star Ocean 1 on PSP was a remake of Star Ocean 1. Both looked and sounded different.

Huh, I had no idea

Teaches me to buy things and then not touch them

blurr

Nice, I always wanted to play Star Ocean games. If I can get my PSP fixed then I can give the first game a go.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting. If it's just the PSP game I doubt I'm in, since I already have it on UMD. Still, good for those who don't and want it on Vita. If it's not a remake or something you would hope that SE wouldn't make it exclusive to Japan.

Takao

Banned
If it was a PSP ISO dump wouldn't it list PSP as a playable platform too? Why limit it to just the second game then? On the flip side, wouldn't this be worthy of a physical release if it's a native Vita project?

mao2

So a remake of 2 is a good idea , but dayum, only Vita? :(.

Hopefully this leads to a remake of Star Ocean 3....with better assets lol.
The remake they're referring to is Star Ocean: Second Evolution for PSP, which is a remake of Star Ocean: The Second Story. It doesn't say that they're remaking it for Vita.

Percy

Banned
I assume port of the PSP version, but is there any reason they wouldn't be including the PSP remake of SO1 with it? I mean, besides $$$ at least?

Those two PSP remakes of these games were pretty good as I recall though.

The remake they're referring to is Star Ocean: Second Evolution for PSP, which is a remake of Star Ocean: The Second Story. It doesn't say that they're remaking it for Vita.

Yup. The remake part is conjecture on Gamestalk's end, based on some of the weird little open ended things in the text.

I assume they'd say PSP version alongside Vita version if it were a completely direct port. But like Takao said, I also imagine that'd be worth a physical release.

Tossed the original link up in a rush, but I've updated it to reflect the non-certainty of most of this vs stating things directly.

Meia

Star Ocean 2 was my favorite JRPG of the PSX era, which says quite a lot. I'd buy the hell out of this day one(if any of this is true).

bomblord1

Banned
This is an amazing game everyone deserves a chance to play it. I hope its a complete remake as I've already experienced the psp game but I'll be happy either way.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Tossed the original link up in a rush, but I've updated it to reflect the non-certainty of most of this vs stating things directly.
Btw, not sure if you can change this or it's just the default tumblr layout, but you have to scroll down past your Twitter timeline to get to the news post on the mobile version.

TheContact

Star ocean 2 is my favorite non square rpg. I still play it on my psp, wishing I could play it on the much more beautiful Vita. I would pre order the hell out of this. Doesn't look like it will hit America for a long time tho

Btw, not sure if you can change this or it's just the default tumblr layout, but you have to scroll down past your Twitter timeline to get to the news post on the mobile version.

Yeah, been meaning to fix that. You're not the first person to point it out. Hahaha.

TheContact

Funny announcement with so many things left unclear. But whatever, more Vita games is all I take from it :)

There is an easy solution to this problem.

What's the easy solution? Does it involve non-cfw? Bc I only have 1 Vita and I update it all the time because of ps+

Hopefully its localized and on PSN. I've been wanting to play the first two games of the series for a while but them not being on PSN so I can play on Vita is a huge setback.

Lime

I hope this means something for Valkyrie Profile - I just want the 2 VP games on PSN, especially Lenneth.

Top Bottom