• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 2 Re-Release For Vita

Ravage

If they are really remaking SO2, I hope they do a better job than the terrible psp port. Can't believe they added the 3-hit combo which basically broke the game and made the mages even more useless than ever.

urfe

I want ports, not remakes from S-E.

It's hard to fuck up a port. A remake, you can fuck those up.

crinale

If it was a PSP ISO dump wouldn't it list PSP as a playable platform too? Why limit it to just the second game then? On the flip side, wouldn't this be worthy of a physical release if it's a native Vita project?

Is PSP PSN store still open?

Confused ..if it's another remake ( with trophies ) doesit make sense to start with 1 ?
If it's just the Psp game made compatible with vita why doesn't 1 get the same treatment

In case that wasn't obvious enough i consider 1 remake to be the better game

Edgeward

I am so ready to save and load 1000 times to get the marvel sword early again. Whether it is a new remake or just the psp one available digitally in the US. Either is great to me

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tears of joy, whatever it is.

They should port Star Ocean 3 to Vita though.

mao2

Second Evolution is not a remake, it's a port.
The source website refers to it as a remake.
スターオーシャン セカンドエヴォリューションは、1998年プレイステーション版として発売されたスターオーシャンセカンドストーリーのリメイク版です。

I'm pretty sure it still is in Japan, right?
Yes, Japan PS Store is still accessible with PSP.

Percy

Banned
What joke?

there are 2 star ocean games, just like there are 2 grandia games

I thought Grandia 3 was better than Grandia 2.

Moreover, I've always been of the opinion that Grandia 2 only got the praise it did because of Dreamcast nostalgia. Viewed in isolation it's actually a pretty average JRPG.

Yeah, I went there >:)

(Star Ocean 3 did suck though)

Prelude.

Since I've only played SO4
and liked it
this would make things easier and better when I'll decide to go through the whole series.

Star ocean 2 on the psp veers far closer to a remake then it does a port for me.

so I wouldn't get my hopes up that they're doing anything more then a straight port of the psp version.

I thought Grandia 3 was better than Grandia 2.

Moreover, I've always been of the opinion that Grandia 2 only got the praise it did because of Dreamcast nostalgia. Viewed in isolation it's actually a pretty average JRPG.

Grandia 2 has horrible memories for me because my dreamcast memory card wiped itself right near the end of the game. :/

So not nostalgia for me at least. I enjoyed the story of 2 quite a bit (though 1 is much better). 3...not so much.

Parfait

Thinking back on it I also want a Star Ocean 3 HD remake. Maybe an extra character too. I absolutely loved replaying it earlier this year, so, so good.

Datschge

Might be developed by Tri-Ace, might not be
The PSP games already had no involvement by tri-Ace beyond the forced but misleading "Developed by tri-Ace" tag that tri-Ace got for giving up their copyright on their Enix era IPs.

FrankCaron

I will seriously buy 10 copies of this if that's what it takes for it to come Westward. 20. Just tell me how many, Square. Please.

Hugstable

Banned
Why don't they just finally let Vita owners play the PSP Re-Release? Unless that's what they mean? And While Square is at it, give us Valkyrie Profile Lenneth.

Lutherian

The PSP version of SO 2 was ok but they destroyed the ending music "We form in crystals" and put instead a terrible J-Pop song...

Even if this is just a digital rerelease of 2nd Evolution for Vita, SE and Tri-Ace will get my money.

Star Ocean 2 is one of my most replayed games [PS1 (Claude), PS1 undub (Claude), PS1 Undub (Rena), PSP (Claude) and PSP (Rena)] I would love to replay it again on Vita.

Love farming skill points for thievery so I can steal the Marvel Sword early along with the trickster and completely break the game.

Top Bottom