• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Really enjoying Granblue so far. My only gripe is that I have to wait for the rate-up to get any real characters. Shuffling along with my quest SRs since I couldn't be assed to reroll a billion times. That 10x gacha ticket also sounds very nice.

aitakute

Really enjoying Granblue so far. My only gripe is that I have to wait for the rate-up to get any real characters. Shuffling along with my quest SRs since I couldn't be assed to reroll a billion times. That 10x gacha ticket also sounds very nice.

Don't put too much hope on the rate up. I only got one SSR from last rate up event. I've gotten more SSR from my daily pull

Yaari

Since some people recently started, anyone recall the guide that is actually up-to-date? The Ultimate guide seemed outdated and thus I couldn't get it working. Since everyone seems excited about it, I kind of want to try too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Started Granblue but it's just too much effort to learn what everything means. I'm sure it becomes second nature quickly, but I don't have the patience :p I'll log in daily to get some free stuff.

http://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=6282
-- Coop 1/2 AP.
Good event to grind coop. I need to finish all hard stages.
Also best time to grind 3rd-tier Job items on EXTREME Stages.
(Ninja/Samurai/Alchemist requires 1 ea.; SwordMaster/Gunslinger and upcoming Assassin/WiseMan requires a crazy 5 ea.)

EX 1-3 and 3-1 are easiest and has decent RNG for these items. (still super rare though)

Is there any way to spend leftover Seiryuu points?
Points carry over, but if you must spend some, click on the Campaign tab on main screen, and then on the bottom right grey/black promo.

kiryogi

Banned
Whelp decided I wasn't happy with my Star Gacha and tried again. Not sure how I feel about the result lol. D:

q5Fm3as.jpg

Seems like a great Water support char otherwise, but lacking males to really take advantage D:

kiryogi

Banned
She's great.
Works well even in female team

Well that's good to know! My Fire/Water/Earth are gearing up! I also tried a 3rd 10x hoping to make up for her lol D: But guess she's good in the end, so awesome.

On another note, just noticed on the GBF forums, for folks on the fence or need a guide, especially with the Slayers Event coming up, someone did a beginner's guide video.

Shows you how to register an account and a little intro translation. WIP, but hopefully will help folks get into Granblue and join the rest of Mobage GAF that are playing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SrWZDpodEg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
do you need a beastly phone to run granblue? i hate the stutter in those korean auto-battles games.

kiryogi

Banned
do you need a beastly phone to run granblue? i hate the stutter in those korean auto-battles games.

It has loading issues even on my Note 5, because the fact of the matter is, that it's still a browser game, but runs on its own browser. If possible, play it on your PC via Chrome, and your phone with you want to IAP, or really just want to play on your phone.

Also, if you are really taking the plunge, here's the Granblue UItimate Guide:

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/240/granblue-fantasy-ultimate-guide

ReaperXL7

I started playing this game that just came out from Com2Us called "Legend of Heroes:Wonder Tactics" I was going to post a thread about the game with a joke title claiming it was a new Legend of heroes game but decided against it lol.

It's Korean obviously coming from Com and I kind of like it overall but it has a lot of the same problems that most of the games that they put out in that eventually you will hit a wall where if your not putting money into it your going to hit a steep progression wall because of how the hero upgrading stuff works. It's such a shame that mobile devs/publishers do this stuff to the degree they do because I feel like I'm actually far more willing to support a gacha games when the devs are generous then when it feels like the game was designed to extract cash from its players first.

There is a game I play quite a bit that's called Unity League where you create a character and pick their class and all of the gachas are for costumes and weapons, it has active real time co op and it's fun but the thing that's kept me going back to it is that not only are they generous with the RM currency but the Gachas are really inexpensive. I have liked a lot of Com2us games (Summoner Wars, Soccer Spirits etc) but they all eventually end up creating huge paywalls for progression especially due to how upgrading and upping thanks of heroes work in general.

Cygames (Granblue Fantasy team) just announced the ENGLISH beta signups for Shadowverse (Hearthstone with anime).
https://shadowverse.com/signup/

Game isn't even out in JP yet, so pretty surprised.

hmm doesnt look good. guess i will pass. Its not like other games from cygames are good anyway(in my opinion of course).

on the other hand, slayers are finally coming. a few guild members said in the chat that they will try to "break their limit".

still probably not gonna pass the preliminary lol

chrono01

Cygames (Granblue Fantasy team) just announced the ENGLISH beta signups for Shadowverse (Hearthstone with anime).
https://shadowverse.com/signup/

Game isn't even out in JP yet, so pretty surprised.
I wish I had come here sooner, I'd already signed up for the beta. Oh well, I'll be without that free card pack. Not much I can do now. :/

The game looks interesting. Similar to Granblue Fantasy, I love the artwork here [especially Isabelle, <3].

Azusa

Wait, I have to get 35 million points to get that dark SSR weapon? HOW?

As expected. Guild Wars is an endgame event.

EDIT:

Finished Very Hard solo. Total points:
eiK77w6.png

10k points for 25 AP. Also I have got 4 mats to summon big boss. Will try it later.

Uthred

So we get the first character we choose free and clear and then if the guild were in makes it past the prelims you have a shot at getting the other character?

Rotnems

Neo Member
So we get the first character we choose free and clear and then if the guild were in makes it past the prelims you have a shot at getting the other character?

Nah from what i heard after GW will be an event where you can get the other character.

So they give out 2 SR characters with 4 skills each. That's pretty awesome.

I kinda wish they were ligh/dark since my water and fire team are stacked already. :(

muu

Choo choo.

https://shadowverse.com/signup/?code=f0822e8c25

I wouldn't worry too much about the event weapons if you're just starting out -- event weapon skills (usually referred to as "unknown" because of the imas collabs) are now getting more and more common. Blast sword you could sub w/ the imas collab knife or SF collab; dark sword you may get again w/ a repeat of Tales collab (and you only need 1 drop there).

EX+ nets you ~1mil points each, so even 35mil is really a drop in the bucket once you're able to solo those. Depending on how many points Hell provides this could be even easier.

aitakute

So, you are aiming for Sarasa?
I don't think I can go that far. How many axe do I have to get for Sarasa anyway?
Also about GW weapons, I get that I can't change which weapon to appear in the gacha until next GW event, right?
Choo choo.

https://shadowverse.com/signup/?code=f0822e8c25

I wouldn't worry too much about the event weapons if you're just starting out -- event weapon skills (usually referred to as "unknown" because of the imas collabs) are now getting more and more common. Blast sword you could sub w/ the imas collab knife or SF collab; dark sword you may get again w/ a repeat of Tales collab (and you only need 1 drop there).

EX+ nets you ~1mil points each, so even 35mil is really a drop in the bucket once you're able to solo those. Depending on how many points Hell provides this could be even easier.
Looks like impossible for a newbie like me

I don't think I can go that far. How many axe do I have to get for Sarasa anyway?
Also about GW weapons, I get that I can't change which weapon to appear in the gacha until next GW event, right?

You need 4 axes and a LOT of materials to upgrade it.
I'm also aiming for Sarasa, she is so powerful
XfX0sa6.jpg

And, yes you can't change the weapon during the event

Top Bottom