• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

i think its the backing vocals in the middle of the song, I dont remember that in the original either

Yup I think that's it

KEYTALK unveiled their new promo picture as well as the tracklist for their 3rd major album, PARADISE
20170125182134318.jpg

01. Summer Venus
02. ASTRO
03. ダウンロードディスコ
04. MATSURI BAYASHI
05. パラサイト
06. HELLO WONDERLAND
07. 秘密
08. 森羅万象
09. HOROBIRO
10. Love me
11. STAY
12. Combat Song
13. boys & girls
14. story
15. ミルクティーは恋の味
16. スターリングスター
17. Oh!En!Ka!
Jesus Christ, 17 traaaaaaacks. I mean I'm happy there's a lot of them cause 8 of them have already been released on singles but still. Hyyyyyype

Slowdive

Banned
New Seiko Oomori album "キチガイア" out March 15th!

--

泉まくら 『ヘヴン』 Pro. by Franz Snake

--

Edit: Did anyone else see that tweet Ano deleted? She said she's lonely all the time, has hardly any friends or anyone to talk to, she doesn't trust anyone, and that all she can do is pretend to be stupid. :/

--

New Boku to Georges single preview.

--

中田ヤスタカ 「Crazy Crazy (feat. Charli XCX & Kyary Pamyu Pamyu)」 MV FULL ver.

Looking very forward to that KEYTALK album. It feels like they had released they're previous album quite recently and now we're getting another. I'm not complaining though!

Kurita

Looking very forward to that KEYTALK album. It feels like they had released they're previous album quite recently and now we're getting another. I'm not complaining though!
The previous one was in May 2015 so that was quite some time ago!
Unless you count KTEP Complete last year but that was just a compilation of indie releases

The previous one was in May 2015 so that was quite some time ago!
Unless you count KTEP Complete last year but that was just a compilation of indie releases

Damn, I guess time has just flown by! Yeah I was referring to HOT!, didn't realize it's been nearly two years already.

Anybody looking forward to Koda Kumi's new double albums that she's releasing on March 8th? I'm liking the idea that one album is meant to be emotional and the opposite more aggressive.
Here's a preview, that's originally from her website.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlwYCFn4bo

Kurita

Lots of great releases came out two days ago

Suchmos - THE KIDS
Well, this is freaking awesome, I guess every person who likes them expected this. On par with their first album, if not better thanks to the wonderful singles that were STAY TUNE and MINT. They're blowing up right now and this is exactly the album they needed to show that they're one of the new heavyweights of the Japanese music scene. TOBACCO, STAY TUNE, A.G.I.T, SNOOZE and ARE WE ALONE are stand out tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula15c4UN4s

Awesome City Club - Awesome City Tracks 4
Final release of their "Tracks" series and what a way to end that series. It's quite different from their previous releases, some unexpected songs on this one, such as Movin'on, Girls Don't Cry... Still "awesome", can't wait to see what they'll do next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M6_LJG7si0

Boku no Lyric no Bouyomi - Noah's Ark
Just, woah. Absolutely flawless album from the 19 years old rapper. I didn't expect such a leap in quality after his debut album but he did it. The atmosphere of the album is insane from start to finish. He will have a hard time topping this but hey, I'm sure he will surprise me once again. Really deserves to be more famous, and I'm sure 2017 will be interesting for him.
Shadow, Liar, Be Noble, 在り処 are especially great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMN-_8dxos

Passepied - &DNA
Haven't paid much attention to them since their previous album (which was damn good) so it's been a while since I really listened to Passepied. Very interesting album! They tried a lot of new things on this release and it paid off. It feels less one note than usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftV3TOYIFNI

Anybody looking forward to Koda Kumi's new double albums that she's releasing on March 8th? I'm liking the idea that one album is meant to be emotional and the opposite more aggressive.
Here's a preview, that's originally from her website.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlwYCFn4bo

I'll probably check out the upbeat side. I hope she does well but that doesn't seem likely...

lmao how are their ticket sales without Japanese fans attending the shows too?. Queens Perfume would never.

Kurita

lmao how are their ticket sales without Japanese fans attending the shows too?. Queens Perfume would never.
They're good, I mean they wouldn't do so many concerts in the USA if they weren't popular over there, but they're always hardcore fans who are ready to follow their favorite artists all over the world. And it happened for Perfume, there was like 50 Japanese fans that came to see Perfume during their Europe tour. They were fun lol

They're good, I mean they wouldn't do so many concerts in the USA if they weren't popular over there, but they're always hardcore fans who are ready to follow their favorite artists all over the world. And it happened for Perfume, there was like 50 Japanese fans that came to see Perfume during their Europe tour. They were fun lol

Right, but I meant Perfume would never start ranting about their Japanese fans

faridmon

The new Awesome City Club is just OK. They lost their freshness, and their latest just screams ''High Production because we can afford it''

Its still catchy though!

Both the main actresses, Hikari Mitsushima and Takako Matsu, are fantastic. It's written by Sakamoto Yuji which means it's potentially great if it's comedic like Mondai no Aru Restaurant or it's a melodramatic disaster like Soredemo Ikite Yuku and Itsuka Kono Koi... Probably the latter lol.

Hmm, I enjoyed Soredemo way more than Mondai Restaurant, BUt will watch Quartet. Love the writers Dramas

Alsi DYGL announced their first full album. Fucking excited, although some of the tracks featured in the EP and Mini album, can't wait!

Connected to that, Ykiki Beat announced Hiatus. Surprisingly enough, I am OK with that. THeir release just never resonated with me, and DYGL is clearly the superior project.

Kurita

Did you all already put together your Best of 2016 lists? I'd be curious to see them.
Here ya go
http://lekurita.tumblr.com/post/154584111876/my-50-favorite-albums-of-the-yearmore

If you just have to listen to like, 15 of them :
the HIATUS - Hands of Gravity
KANA-BOON - Origin
THE ORAL CIGARETTES - FIXION
フレデリック - フレデリズム
[Alexandros] - EXIST!
My Hair is Bad - Woman's
Awesome City Club - Awesome City Tracks 3
indigo la End - 藍色ミュージック
ゲスの極み乙女 - 両成敗
04 Limited Sazabys - eureka
RADWIMPS - 人間開花
クリープハイプ - 世界観
ヒトリエ - IKI
Mrs. GREEN APPLE - TWELVE
SiM - THE BEAUTiFUL PEOPLE

Yay~

Could not get it on release day due to work, nor Friday thanks to drinking with friends... then... not saturday due to the insuring hangover lol. But I got it now. And a free small totebag... not sure what I will use it for lol.

Kurita

Yay~

Could not get it on release day due to work, nor Friday thanks to drinking with friends... then... not saturday due to the insuring hangover lol. But I got it now. And a free small totebag... not sure what I will use it for lol.

I love it cause it's the perfect size for my Macbook when I don't want to put it inside my backpack! :D

Enjoy, it's a wonderful album. Very interesting artistic direction with some tracks. 今夜だけ間違いじゃないことにしてあげる is such a banger, while Sunriseまで, Cold & Dry and Movin'on are super moody. I mean it's not their first time doing slow tracks but these 3 are pretty unique coming from ACC.
Overall I'd rank their albums like this : 3 > 4 > 2 > 1

Also they said it's the last chapter of their "Awesome City Tracks" series so I wonder what that means for their future works. Maybe a full album next?

Awesome, will give it a listen to cut the tension of playing RE7 lol.

Was so happy this time going into the music store, last time they had a decent sized display for ACC, this time the display and their songs blasting. total fanboy moment. Still can't find a physical copy of the first one though. Came to Japan as the second one came out and got it at their live.

Kurita

Holy shiiiiit
There's a Ajikan tribute album coming on March 29th and the artists lists is kinda insane?
・夏の日、残像 / amazarashi
・君という花 / KANA-BOON
・リライト / Creepy Nuts
・踵で愛を打ち鳴らせ / the chef cooks me
・迷子犬と雨のビート / シナリオアート
・Re:Re: / じん
・アンダースタンド / BLUE ENCOUNT
・君の街まで / never young beach
・未来の破片 / 04 Limited Sazabys
・ソラニン / yonige
・N.G.S / 夜の本気ダンス
・ブラックアウト / LILI LIMIT
This is gonna be fucking amazing. There's not a single act I don't like on this. KANA-BOON covering what might be my favorite Ajikan song? YES PLEASE

llehuty

I don't think Puzzle brings anything new to the table, it's just another kyary type of track with different vocals.

Not saying that is a bad thing, but people getting on board with it while trashing his other productions are weird.

Yeaaa, Sasshi's producing a (non-48) group, wants to challenge Aki-P.

Sasshi is? or is Aki-P, doing it to promote another group without the way to big 48 moniker while still making all the money... I don't keep up with the 48 kids anymore sadly. Would be amazing if it was a serious group that kinda just eclipses other "idol" groups. By that actual training and interesting songs. A man can dream lol.

Kurita

I need Tokyo Girl in my life right now. I'm watching Tokyo Tarareba Musume right now and it's suuuuuch a great theme song for that show.
Exactly the kind of Perfume song I dig.

Haven't heard the b-side yet, hope it's good too.

Perfume are experiencing a commercial peak in Japan right now

Are they? I feel like they're at the same level as before.

Top Bottom