• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

bluethree

Aw yeah tickets to see Love Psychedelico bought. I've been pretty lucky since coming to Tokyo regarding artists I wanna see. Nice having the chance to see a lot of artists I've been listening to for years now.

Funny thing is they actually played at a club in my last place in Japan, but I didn't realize it until after it happened. So I'm happy to have the chance now.

Kurita

【MV】誰のことを一番 愛してる? Short ver.〈坂道AKB〉 / Keyakizaka46 AKB48[公式]
This is 100% a repurposed Keyakizaka46 release, the outfits, the vibes, the dance,.... Not that I'm complaining, I love Keyakizaka's releases, but it's just weird seeing some of the AKB members in this.

LOL you're right
Maybe they've realized that Keyakizaka are the superior AKB sister group

--
The new Dresscodes album is blowing my mind right now. Completely different from what Shima usually does but still completely what I'd expect him to do at this point in time? lol I guess being the only member of the band (dunno why he's keeping the Dresscodes name at this point) pretty much means he's doing whatever the hell he wants to.
Rock, jazz, funk, punk, dub... It's a super catchy and fascinating experience from start to finish. Amazing release.

Kurita

Okay so I watched that BiSH MV like 10 times and bought the single on iTunes. The b-side is also pretty tight.
I'm now listening to Fake Metal Jacket on Spotify and it is extremely my shit. The instrumentals are amazing, their voices aren't grating. Yup. I'm into this.
They've got a new fan.

----
New Ajikan single on March 29th (same day as the tribute album), title track is the theme song of the animated movie "The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl" (Yoru wa mijikashi arukeyo otome), starring Hoshino Gen and Hanazawa Kana.
news_xlarge_ASIANKUNGFUGENERATION_art20170228.jpg

news_xlarge_ASIANKUNGFUGENERATION_jkt201703_SG.jpg

01. 荒野を歩け
02. お祭りのあと

The band will also release on the same day a special box for their 20th anniversary, with all their albums and a 200 pages book

Kurita

Trailer for KEYTALK's upcoming album, sounds amaziiiiiiing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZFdUv8X8Hs

They also announced a one man live at Yokohama Arena on September 10th

--
Kay' so I also listened to Killer Bish and Brand-new idol SHiT, didn't enjoy them as much as Fake Metal Jacket but it was still great overall. Looking forward to hearing more stuff from them after that dope new song.

--
PELICAN FANCLUB to release their first full album, Home Electronics, on May 10th. No more info, just their new promo picture.

Kurita

I don't know how the new generation of BiS compares to the old stuff for long time fans, but I'm listening to Re:STUPID and it's pretty cool.

Aizo

Banned
Do you guys know UlulU or 宇宙団? My friend is playing with them for a his birthday party concert thing tonight. They seem pretty good.

fonz

Neo Member
I don't know how the new generation of BiS compares to the old stuff for long time fans, but I'm listening to Re:STUPID and it's pretty cool.

In my old fan opinion I find the album a little bit boring except "Give me a chocolate", which is great. I think it is a mixture of Lui´s pop-rock solo project and the BiS´ first album which was a little bit different to what they´ll become later. A tamed or matured version of the wildest BiS, so to speak, because it´s absurd to continue the anti-idol theme at this point of "alt-idol" popularity. I would have preferred that they got a new name, but this is how the music machinery goes, I cant´have hard feelings to a group I really, really, enjoyed and loved in their heydays.

Take a listen to BiS´ "Idol is dead" which is their best effort, maybe you´ll like it, great songs there; "Primal", "Blew", "Chelsea", etc. Also Billie Idle´s latest "bi, bi, bi, bi", which is a full guitar punk-pop-rock album where they sound more like a band than an idol group, could suit your tastes.

Kurita

In my old fan opinion I find the album a little bit boring except "Give me a chocolate", which is great. I think it is a mixture of Lui´s pop-rock solo project and the BiS´ first album which was a little bit different to what they´ll become later. A tamed or matured version of the wildest BiS, so to speak, because it´s absurd to continue the anti-idol theme at this point of "alt-idol" popularity. I would have preferred that they got a new name, but this is how the music machinery goes, I cant´have hard feelings to a group I really, really, enjoyed and loved in their heydays.

Take a listen to BiS´ "Idol is dead" which is their best effort, maybe you´ll like it, great songs there; "Primal", "Blew", "Chelsea", etc. Also Billie Idle´s latest "bi, bi, bi, bi", which is a full guitar punk-pop-rock album where they sound more like a band than an idol group, could suit your tastes.
Yeah I listened to BiS's Idol is Dead and Who Killed Idol since I found them for cheap. Really enjoyed both albums.

I'll check out other BiS-related projects like Billie Idle and Gang Parade when I have time (well I just watched a couple of PVs), I was just focusing on BiS and BiSH until now. Thanks!
I think BiSH is my favorite of the bunch so far.

EDIT : well, that Billie Idle album is right up my alley. Great stuff.

Aizo

Banned
Bought a CD from the singer of 宇宙団 after the show. They're awesome and really energetic.

Kurita

Listened to Sakanaction's new song, SORATO, that recently aired on the radio, sounds amazing. Give us an album jeeeeeeeeesus.

清 竜人25「愛してる♡キスしたい♡Hしたい♡」
From their last album. Guess Kiyoshi will focus on his new project TOWN, which is some sort of weird rock project where the songs and lyrics are available for free on the website, the shows are free, and the audience basically takes part in the recording of an upcoming live album.

Aizo

Banned
Just got back from the Kyary show in Osaka tonight. Four encores. She preformed pretty much anything one could ask for. She also played her new Easter song, which is... interesting. It's like European Folk music inspired. Unsurprisingly, she closed with Yume no Hajimarin Rin, which is suiting as a closer.

One funny part that kinda flopped was opening the floor to questions. Nothing really interesting was asked. Haha.

Kurita

Cool song

-
KANA-BOON and the peggies to perform the theme songs for the Boruto anime series starting in April. Cool to already have new material from KANA-BOON.

the peggies seem to be a pretty neat girls band like Chatmonchy. Digging the few songs they have on their channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFt3Fe3uPk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEEWXzBLmB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4R85yxk21c

The Queen of Avex is back, and Ayu is nowhere to be found. Bangerang is life. Still reviewing the rest of the albums, although Outside is the clear winner.

Namie is on Avex though....but I am interested in a review for this album. I really haven't paid attention to Kumi since about like 7th or 8th grade when she used to be popular, so it'd be nice to listen again as this album got a bit of buzz.

Namie's 101 date tour will finally be released on DVD, May 3rd.

llehuty

Namie is on Avex though....but I am interested in a review for this album. I really haven't paid attention to Kumi since about like 7th or 8th grade when she used to be popular, so it'd be nice to listen again as this album got a bit of buzz.
Album is on Spotify, if you want to give it a listen.

Ryuukan

RADWIMPS doing the theme to "Frankenstein no Koi" jdrama (Fumi Nikaido hype)

edit: its 棒人間 from their latest album

Kurita

RADWIMPS doing the theme to "Frankenstein no Koi" jdrama (Fumi Nikaido hype)

Too bad it's a song already released on their latest album. Hyped for the drama tho, cause Fumi Nikaido and Go Ayano are life.

Speaking of which, Noda from Radwimps is starring in a drama next season (I think?) but the theme song isn't even by Radwimps even though they have a new single coming in May. Huuuuuuuuuuh

Top Bottom