• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan's Immigration Control: A Gulag straight out of war times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What do you think happens with people trying to enter USA and Canada on expired Visa?
Or anywhere else in the world?

He got interviewed, denied entry and shipped back.

He was in jail for 4 hours and he thought about suicide... wtf?

If his story is true they told him they were going to shot him...

Kinyou

The guy is not a refugee from Afghanistan who has endured the horrors of war. He is a self described "educated white male" who apparently overstayed his visa and seems to have a sense of entitlement. He should be afforded human rights yes, he should not cry like a baby while running to the restroom.
I can see how being thrown out of the country you love and that has been your home for the last years could make you cry. *shrugs*

If his story is true they told him they were going to shot him...

You should read his full account if you haven't already. Some pretty, uh, off the wall stuff in there.

They were rougher with Jim than with me.

They ordered Jim to take off his suit and tie, and the rest of his clothes. They strip-searched him, feeling everywhere. "Oh, come on! Don't put your finger in my ass!" he pleaded, but they did.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You should read his full account if you haven't already. Some pretty, uh, off the wall stuff in there.

They were rougher with Jim than with me.

They ordered Jim to take off his suit and tie, and the rest of his clothes. They strip-searched him, feeling everywhere. "Oh, come on! Don't put your finger in my ass!" he pleaded, but they did.

Read it all...just missed the fact that it refered to his partner as a she at one point..

Cavity searches happen in the US as well.. So not surprised..also not surprised they didn't stop just because "Jim" asked them to...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The number of people In here taking a bizarre, histrionic account filled within inconsistencies, florid prose, drama queen wry and one very important missing fact, is astonishing. And then pinning it on some kind of misguided anime pillow fetishism.

The reason we should not take his story at face value is that as a factual account, as written, it is borderline retarded and hopelessly incomplete. I will happily bet a week long ban that this idiot's visa was expired, that Asiana if put in the spotlight, will issue a denial and the rest of the ludicrous account won't ever be substantiated properly.

And I am doing this beneath the flapping leathery wings of a mod who fights bears and is an expert on Japan, relatively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom