• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
JBaird said:
Well I give up this thread as made me look and feel and it appears as if I am indeed an asshole. To me this whole experience has been fucking surreal, I just hope I get answers even if it was a hoax.
You got played.

Now hurry up with the sympathy card before GAF finishes building its anti-caring wall.

Kusagari

Zenith said:
She IS his girlfriend. From his myspace page

TWIST!

Okay, WHAT THE FUCK? I was convinced this chick wasn't his girlfriend. This thread doesn't stop with the twists. Even Shyamalan is jealous of this shit.

Hex said:
This guy is online on myspace begging like he has never begged before for her to back his story :lol
bad%20boys%202%20SPLASH.jpg

Calcaneus

JBaird said:
Well I give up this thread as made me look and feel and it appears as if I am indeed an asshole. To me this whole experience has been fucking surreal, I just hope I get answers even if it was a hoax.
Dude, if it was a hoax, then you're not an asshole. You got tricked and asked for help.

NIGHT-

JBaird said:

:lol :lol

Man your gonna really ride this out?

Meus Renaissance said:
I sincerely hope JBaird isn't permaband. Whatever the truth, I don't think there was anything malicious behind his intent. Even his biggest critics seem to be leaning more on the idea that the guy wanted some kind of attention/vent his feelings and it manifested itself into this glorious pile of regrettable doo doo.

I think he should stop posting here on the thread and contact Amir privately. I've PM'd him this suggestion also just in case he might actually consider it

So you think lying to a bunch of people on GAF who were genuinely trying to help him isn't that bad. There were people talking about setting up a paypal account for him.

Amir0x

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
I sincerely hope JBaird isn't permaband. Whatever the truth, I don't think there was anything malicious behind his intent. Maybe that's my naivity talking, but for many people here GAF is a community, a platform for contact and interaction they seldom lack in the 'offline' world. Even his biggest critics seem to be leaning more on the idea that the guy wanted some kind of attention/vent his feelings and it manifested itself into this glorious pile of regrettable doo doo.

I think he should stop posting here on the thread and contact Amir privately. I've PM'd him this suggestion also just in case he might actually consider it

Meus Renaissance, he lied on GAF about someone close to him going missing, and her sister being raped/murdered. A lot of people were genuinely concerned and did a lot to try to help him.

No matter his desire for attention, he is going to get permabanned.

eznark

Banned
DY_nasty said:
No hoax, dude got played. He's in damage control with his only friends now (the ones on the internet).

Shit is sad.
At least my man Truman down in Murfreesboro will get a chuckle out of it.

pslong009

Neo Member
pslong009 said:
The toll-free number to mental health counselors in Temple, TX (closest "large" town closest to you) is 1-800-888-4036. They will keep things confidential and are much better at dealing with this than we are. Please call them. What's happened to you has been extremely stressful and they can help a lot.

Again, the number is 1-800-888-4036. Please call them and stop posting here.

Look JBaird, I believe you. But seriously, get the fuck off of GAF and call a mental health counselor. It seems pretty clear to me that you need someone to talk to, and all of GAF (myself included) are a bunch of fucktards who can't help you. Trust me, they can be extremely helpful.

Here's the website I pulled the number from so you can check it and make sure I'm not BSing you:

http://006bb0a.netsolhost.com/dnn494/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

MechaX

Lost Fragment said:
And yeah, I'm kinda hoping that the admins go back through the thread and ban some folks. Some people got overzealous and posted shit that was way over the line.

The main problem with that is that duckroll did loose the Detective GAF hound (which I admit that I was a part of), so all that is fair game in this situation and this only. That, and you do run a certain risk when you either leave public material public, or get other people involved. Under the scenario that JBaird did create this elaborate hoax, the fault would still mostly go to him due to how he failed to take into consideration that a very important piece of the story (his "GF") does have information available to the public. It would be a very different situation if somebody posted his/her address and phone number and did a 4Chan-esque raid.

However, Detective GAF only worked with the minimum tools that were available: information provided by JBaird himself and info that both left public. If he is lying, it would be hard to feel sorry for him for the mess he's created.

And the fact that he's still on GAF speaks volumes about him as it is.

Amir0x said:
Meus Renaissance, he lied on GAF about someone close to him going missing, and her sister being raped/murdered. A lot of people were genuinely concerned and did a lot to try to help him.

So why hasn't he been banned yet?

Covfan

DoctorWho said:
Translate please. I don't understand that language.

Originally Posted by SweetBri:
July 16, 2010 9:28 AM
aint he sexi? Wel hes al myn. Lol
Isn't he an attractive specimen of the human race? He's all mine until he freaks out and tells people I'm dead. Laugh Out Loud
July 16, 2010 9:35 AM
u wana draw ma female anatomy [regarding his nude drawing]
Can you draw my cat?

Zenith

Banned
She's pretty much commented on all his photos saying he looks "sexy" the same way he has on hers. Not airtight I know, but it's something.

I'm leaning towards worst break-up story ever.

cnizzle06

Banned
JBaird said:

Dude, just type up one clear paragraph entailing what truly transpired. That's all we really want.

MThanded said:
What happens if this is legit? Can he be saved if he proves that he was lied to?

He's been given until tomorrow to prove that. I honestly believe the only way he can be saved is by a third party who can vouch for him with evidence.

eznark

Banned
JB, give Truman Jones (Rutherford Sheriff) a call. I told him you were distrught and unsure of where you were supposed to be looking for the body, but it was somewhere in Tennessee. Shouldn't take long to figure out the story.

(615) 898-7770

Rubenov

DoctorWho said:
So you think lying to a bunch of people on GAF who were genuinely trying to help him isn't that bad. There were people talking about setting up a paypal account for him.

Once again, there are some of us that are behind the theory he is simply a gullible fool that was lied to, and not that he concoted this whole story for who knows what.

owlbeak

Amir0x said:

How do you differentiate between him lying (dow,) and being lied TO and not knowing? Just curious. I guess I don't get the reason for a ban @ all, as long as this wasn't a deliberate account suicide.

SUPREME1

Banned
Amir0x said:

NOOO!!!!!!

Be Merciful, please! Let him fess up...

Edit: Too late.

RIP JBAIRD.

*SALUTE*

ba-medals_Burton_0500834057.jpg

Amir0x said:

A long ban but it will be too much fun to reference this to his future posts. Give him a tag linkin this thread at the very least.

Rapstah

So it ends, probably for the better of everyone. Now remove this thread from the Earth and let's never think about it again.

Mad Max

watwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwat

Covfan said:
July 16, 2010 9:28 AM
aint he sexi? Wel hes al myn. Lol
Isn't he an attractive specimen of the human race? He's all mine until he freaks out and tells people I'm dead. Laugh Out Loud
July 16, 2010 9:35 AM
u wana draw ma female anatomy [regarding his nude drawing]
Can you draw my cat?

Thanks

GAF needs to ban him and close and discard of this thread before some cops decide to close GAF pending some investigation, I needs mah GAF.

Edit: FUCK YEAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom