• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
In-depth recap for those just tuning in:

1. JBaird posts that his girlfriend was driving to Tennessee and police found her car empty and wrecked.

2. GAF sympathizes with OP. Some even offer money and phone calls.

3. JBaird claims that his girlfriend's sister was murdered and raped, but still no sign of his girlfriend.

4. GAF mods determine that he posted from the police station with the same IP address as his home IP address.

5. GAF freaks out, and begins to truly doubt his story.

6. Mods convene and determine that it is possible to have the same IP with a mobile device.

7. JBaird posts girlfriends name, detective GAF goes on the prowl with mod's approval.

8. JBaird's girlfriend is on MySpace, online and alive.

9. JBaird, now caught/confused, doesn't know how that's possible.

10. Amir0x and many others message the girl, but with no response.

11. Amir0x gives JBaird a deal: Confess with minimal punishment or deny and face a permaban if there is no official information.

12. JBaird cries and moans about privacy...when he was the one who posted it all on the forum to begin with. He claims this is all true and does not take the deal.

13. JBaird gets defensive and starts ranting about how his top priority is to ensure the integrity of his girlfriend and his girlfriend's sister and that the mods remove all evidence of who these people are.

14. JBaird admits that the whole thing might not be true and that he might have been duped by his girlfriend.

15. GAF offers advice, and JBaird goes missing for a short while.

Mean jokes throughout, of course. I recommend reading the un-abridged version.

Amir0x said:
Meus Renaissance, he lied on GAF about someone close to him going missing, and her sister being raped/murdered. A lot of people were genuinely concerned and did a lot to try to help him.

No matter his desire for attention, he is going to get permabanned.
When did he lie? He was told the police said she was killed. He then told us that this was told to him by his friend.

I call immense gullability here guys. I think this dude just got dumped to be perfectly honest. You saw her MySpace.. ain't the brightest spark. Do you think she would break up with him in a decent manner? I honestly believe he was telling his truth which was the lies her friend spun to kep him away from her. It would have worked too, if it wasn't for us meddling kids.

krypt0nian said:
images removed

Michael_Clayton.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
MThanded said:
What happens if this is legit? Can he be saved if he proves that he was lied to?

Exactly, I mean what if some hoax was played on him by this girl in question, by some stanky girls?? I mean if I was in his shoes right now I would feel pretty fucking bad if this shit was all true and everyone on here is going into the guy liek fuck you bozo and all that you know?

If he was lied to, where's his outrage at his "friend" and his "girlfriend" (who's been online and not contacted him... nor has he apparently contacted)

It's all a lie, from JBaird.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
BobDylan said:
JBaird
Banned
(Today, 06:31 PM)
Reply | Quote
Worst thread ending ever seriously. Now we won't know the deal and he was given a fake promise. That's effed up.

Remember well this day, GAF. For in it we discovered long buried truths about ourselves and the world around us.

</raises a mug of ale>

Shanadeus

Banned
He deserved a ban, but I still think he's "innocent".
My bet is that he was tricked by a girl he thought cared more for him than was actually the case.

Holepunch

Nooooo now we'll never know where the lie originated.

And you can't tell me his inactivity in investigating is proof he lied. He COULD just be a lazy bastard.

Amir0x said:
Meus Renaissance, he lied on GAF about someone close to him going missing, and her sister being raped/murdered. A lot of people were genuinely concerned and did a lot to try to help him.

No matter his desire for attention, he is going to get permabanned.

*sigh*

Can't really argue when you put it that way

Zapages

Cuban Legend said:
GAF needs to ban him and close and discard of this thread before some cops decide to close GAF pending some investigation, I needs mah GAF.

Edit: FUCK YEAH.

So true as some folks here have sent Police Reports.... I can just imagine their facial expressions reading this thread. :lol

The last time I saw this thread it was on the first page, and my initial thought was "I can't believe people post about real shit that goes on in their lives, trivial shit you post on GAF but family members potentially going missing...he's nuts to post about it"

Socreges

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Please don't White Knight this. Read ever page and the shit he's pulled (even if he was lied to) and then you'll have a different opinion. This is never going to be oh poor jbaird. :lol

image removed

oh Amir0x! LOL
I've read every page. I know what's been said. My opinion is what it is. I think he's probably been lied to. I also think he's pretty slow and immature, and unable to handle the amount of circumstance and information. But I don't think he's been trying to deceive us beyond maybe exaggerating his relationship with her.

And "don't White Knight this"? What exactly are you implying? Who would I be the White Knight for?

Geez... I feel bad for the guy.

Was he perm banned?

If his gf really is/was missing, his behavior here was less than stellar to say the least, but I think if there is more info, we should be able to see his status resurrected and an awesome, stickied thread of glory with truth in it.

Hydranockz said:
When did he lie? he was told the polie said she was killed. He then told us that this was told to him by his friend.

I call immense gullability here guys. I think this dude just got dumped to be perfectly honest. You saw her MySpace.. ain't the brightest spark. Do you think she would break up with him in a decent manner? I honestly believe he was telling his truth which was the lies her friend spun to kep him away from her. It would have worked too, if it wasn't for us meddling kids.

When you're posting on a games forum about a situation that could lead to tragedy, you should probably have all the facts before you decide to go looking for sympathy and not jump to conclusions. All of his information, if I understand this whole debacle correctly, came from 'friends' from the police. I don't even know what to believe anymore, personally, but you shouldn't just say "my girlfriend's sister was raped and murdered" on a forum without knowing 100%.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
*takes the noose off from neck*
*let's 3/4's wood go limp*
*goes to make an iced tea*

It's been good, gents.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Shanadeus said:
He deserved a ban, but I still think he's "innocent".
My bet is that he was tricked by a girl he thought cared more for him than was actually the case.
Yeah. He was a poor, misled, pathetic, fragile SOB who just wouldn't admit to the fact that he'd been played or give a straight answer at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom