• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
krypt0nian said:
That's when I knew he was lying. :lol

you know when I am shitfaced drunk i get on GAF and almost never have typing errors

i always wonder about that. do i have super drunk typing skills? Is that some sort of superpower?

"I need to go ly dow" is my new catch phrase on XBL as soon as I get home.

Thank you GAF.

I also know where to go for detective work if someone were ever to go missing :lol

X26

Banned
this might just be a really fucked up way of trying to break up with someone in which case jbaird has gotten fucked in every which direction

MechaX said:
I hope this thread isn't deleted.

Not necessary out of a breach of privacy, but to make a fair amount of people realize this one fact.

If any of your loved ones ends up missing for an extended period of time, for the love of God, don't do what JBaird did and sit on his ass on GAF. Get out there, call the police, call the family, something. The bottom line is that if his story is real, he provides a textbook example of what not to do in this situation.
Agreed on all counts.

Axion22

It can't be over!

rMcID.jpg

[Nintex]

I still can't imagine why people come up with shit like this. Sure trolling some people on the net is all fun and games but murder and rape? :/

owlbeak

Regardless of outcome, I don't want the thread to end. This was going to by my entertainment for the evening! Shouldn't have banned him...should've let it go for 48 hours so maybe we'd get a solid answer. Boo!

Socreges

Banned
Amir0x said:
We skipped the need for a NEWSPAPER article about the incident since he admitted the story was a lie. Just because he is trying to buffer that shit by reinforcing it with ANOTHER lie (claiming he was lied to) does not suddenly change that fact.
He's said from very early on that people might be lying to him. The only thing that's changed in that respect is that he's become more convinced as to that possibility. So he's not admitting to having lied. Obviously he could definitely have made this all up. But he hasn't admitted to anything.

Amir0x said:
you know when I am shitfaced drunk i get on GAF and almost never have typing errors

i always wonder about that. do i have super drunk typing skills? Is that some sort of superpower?

When I'm drunk and typing, I'm super paranoid to spell properly so people won't know I'm drunk. It's kinda weird.

Kusagari

I don't know, I honestly think he might have just been duped by a girl who he thought meant way more to him than she actually did. That last myspace link proves that she did consider him a 'boyfriend'.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Amir0x said:
What fake promise? We skipped the need for a NEWSPAPER article about the incident since he admitted the story was a lie. Just because he is trying to buffer that shit by reinforcing it with ANOTHER lie (claiming he was lied to) does not suddenly change that fact. You can't get a newspaper article about a guys girlfriend acting like a sociopath and pretending she and her sister was murder/raped.

NO, the only logical, rational conclusion is he is an attention whore. I've presided over threads like this time and time again and, surprise, I've never once been wrong about my assessment of bullshit.

ANYONE WHO POSTED LINKS TO HER MYSPACE/ETC PLZ DELETE THEM FROM YOUR POSTS TO MAKE MY JOB EASIER
I did not know it was damning because he said that really early on in the thread. Yeah this is hard to believe. I'll hope no new article shows up because that would be insane.

xbhaskarx

Can someone PLEASE recap exactly what happened here for those of us who last read this thread when it was only 3-5 pages and just came back after the thread title change and banning?

Major Williams said:
"I need to go ly dow" is my new catch phrase on XBL as soon as I get home.

Thank you GAF.

I also know where to go for detective work if someone were ever to go missing :lol

Just don't ly dow too long or you'll start to linger.

(Seriously though, I think the OP having behavioural/emotional difficulties is far more likely than this being an elaborate lie on behalf of his friend/girlfriend.)

Parts

Amir0x said:

Basically. I wrote a Facebook status while drunk and everyone could tell instantly, as my spelling was totally awful.

I wonder what JBaird's next update might be...

I just want to go down on record saying that this is bullshit. It seems to me that he got fucked by his girlfriend and his friends, and then came to us for help and got fucked again.

At least get some solid facts before banning this motherfucker.

Barrett2

Einbroch said:
In-depth recap for those just tuning in:

1. JBaird posts that his girlfriend was driving to Tennessee and police found her car empty and wrecked.

2. GAF sympathizes with OP. Some even offer money and phone calls.

3. JBaird claims that his girlfriend's sister was murdered and raped, but still no sign of his girlfriend.

4. GAF mods determine that he posted from the police station with the same IP address as his home IP address.

5. GAF freaks out, and begins to truly doubt his story.

6. Mods convene and determine that it is possible to have the same IP with a mobile device.

7. JBaird posts girlfriends name, detective GAF goes on the prowl with mod's approval.

8. JBaird's girlfriend is on MySpace, online and alive.

9. JBaird, now caught/confused, doesn't know how that's possible.

10. Amir0x and many others message the girl, but with no response.

11. Amir0x gives JBaird a deal: Confess with minimal punishment or deny and face a permaban if there is no official information.

12. JBaird cries and moans about privacy...when he was the one who posted it all on the forum to begin with. He claims this is all true and does not take the deal.

13. JBaird gets defensive and starts ranting about how his top priority is to ensure the integrity of his girlfriend and his girlfriend's sister and that the mods remove all evidence of who these people are.

14. JBaird admits that the whole thing might not be true and that he might have been duped by his girlfriend.

15. GAF offers advice, and JBaird goes missing for a short while.

Mean jokes throughout, of course. I recommend reading the un-abridged version.
Holy living shit.

This is what happens when you work all day, you miss epic goddamn threads.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Amir0x said:

No I am the same way, it's because you are aware you are drunk and try extra hard to make sure everything is spelled right. It takes me twice as long to write a sentence but it will have perfect damn spelling!

Shahadan

Socreges said:
He's said from very early on that people might be lying to him. The only thing that's changed in that respect is that he's become more convinced as to that possibility. So he's not admitting to having lied. Obviously he could definitely have made this all up. But he hasn't admitted to anything.

True.
And a few dozens people harassing and mocking him (often violently) don't help either.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
JBaird said:
Well I give up this thread as made me look and feel and it appears as if I am indeed an asshole. To me this whole experience has been fucking surreal, I just hope I get answers even if it was a hoax.
Yeah, he got played.

Amir0x

Banned
Socreges said:

Socreges, I admire your desire to believe the best in people. Really, I do. But this is as clear cut as the OJ Simpson Trial. The only reason he ever claimed people might be lying to him is so that he had an out in case his story collapsed on him (as it did). I've seen this same strategy happen in many other hoax threads.

In the end, it was clear it all started falling apart the second he came back from his trip at the police department and started posting a series of increasingly immature rants about posting pics about his "girlfriend" and how "EVEN IF I WAS TROLLING, BUT I'M NOT I SWEAR..." I am pretty good at reading between the lines.

But I don't just have to read between the lines. All the evidence points to bullshit from himself too.

Kusagari said:
I don't know, I honestly think he might have just been duped by a girl who he thought meant way more to him than she actually did. That last myspace link proves that she did consider him a 'boyfriend'.
I'm kindof on this boat as well. There's been some vile fucking shit spouted against him in this thread. I've followed this thread from the start and my impression is that he was lied to. He has been pretty consistent in that department.

Sure he is a moron, but posting his shit on 4chan? That's crossing the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom