• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Lukins

I remember reading this thread right after it started last night thinking it sounded like complete bull shit. Nothing about the scenario made any sense. I did not want to be the ass hole to call him on it in case it was somehow true. I need to take some time now to read over the whole thing and see how GAF detectives worked it out.

Ferrio

Banned
Maybe he did get played, but he didn't seem very smart about it. You think if someone was pulling shit on you try your damned hardest confirm it. He never seemed to do that, gaf seemed more intent on finding out on the well being of this girl than him. You as hell don't announce on a public forum that someone's been killed and raped without getting some good proof.

edit: Pretty sure it's all bullshit.

Oxx

Shame that the girl couldn't clear things up once and for all, but I think I'd try and ignore this sorry situation if I was her.

He.

Did.

Not.

Get.

Played.

.... if you thought his behavior was weird if the story was true, it's even weirder how he acted once she was online. No anger, no relief, no mention of contacting her.

Amir0x said:
Socreges, I admire your desire to believe the best in people. Really, I do. But this is as clear cut as the OJ Simpson Trial. The only reason he ever claimed people might be lying to him is so that he had an out in case his story collapsed on him (as it did). I've seen this same strategy happen in many other hoax threads.

In the end, it was clear it all started falling apart the second he came back from his trip at the police department and started posting a series of increasingly immature rants about posting pics about his "girlfriend" and how "EVEN IF I WAS TROLLING, BUT I'M NOT I SWEAR..." I am pretty good at reading between the lines.

But I don't just have to read between the lines. All the evidence points to bullshit from himself too.

I'm pretty good at pointing out smug assholes.
Finger%20Point.jpg

[Nintex]

Amir0x said:
Socreges, I admire your desire to believe the best in people. Really, I do. But this is as clear cut as the OJ Simpson Trial. The only reason he ever claimed people might be lying to him is so that he had an out in case his story collapsed on him (as it did). I've seen this same strategy happen in many other hoax threads.

In the end, it was clear it all started falling apart the second he came back from his trip at the police department and started posting a series of increasingly immature rants about posting pics about his "girlfriend" and how "EVEN IF I WAS TROLLING, BUT I'M NOT I SWEAR..." I am pretty good at reading between the lines.

But I don't just have to read between the lines. All the evidence points to bullshit from himself too.
It all seemed real untill he came up with the murdered sister story. Not doing anything to find his girlfriend was stupid but might've been a panic reaction. Totally ignoring the fact that someone was murdered... well that's just fucked up and in this case made up.

Shahadan said:
True.
And a few dozens people harassing and mocking him (often violently) don't help either.

There were also a bunch of people who went out of their way to help him by giving him local phone numbers that he could contact. Krpytonian contacted a local news agency. So fuck sympathy. He was given plenty of help and he turned it away. No shit people turned on him.

It was pretty obvious he was bullshitting from the get go.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Socreges said:
He's said from very early on that people might be lying to him. The only thing that's changed in that respect is that he's become more convinced as to that possibility. So he's not admitting to having lied. Obviously he could definitely have made this all up. But he hasn't admitted to anything.
People have been banned before for re-posting lies from other sources, so that wouldn't have saved him. The best thing to do in that situation is to admit that you've been spouting BS and accept the consequences.

Filldough

Amir0x said:
you know when I am shitfaced drunk i get on GAF and almost never have typing errors

i always wonder about that. do i have super drunk typing skills? Is that some sort of superpower?

I am going to say superpower. Only cause I thought I was the only person who possessed this particular power and could use a partner to help me fight crime in the form of sober illiteracy.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ferrio said:
Maybe he did get played, but he didn't seem very smart about it. You think if someone was pulling shit on you try your damned hardest confirm it. He never seemed to do that, gaf seemed more intent on finding out on the well being of this girl than him.
Exactly. Dude had problems. He was fragile as shit, and instead of reacting to getting played by directing shit towards the girl, he went on some defensive, hide in the hole, damage control shit. He probably had no friends other than the posters of GAF.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
DY_nasty said:
Exactly. Dude had problems. He was fragile as shit, and instead of reacting to getting played by directing shit towards the girl, he went on some defensive, hide in the hole, damage control shit. He probably had no friends other than the posters of GAF.
Really needs some professional help. I hope he doesn't cut himself. His desperation was real, that much is certain.

MechaX

Ignatz Mouse said:
.... if you thought his behavior was weird if the story was true, it's even weirder how he acted once she was online. No anger, no relief, no mention of contacting her.

"I'm trying to contact as many people as possible to see who's on her profile."

I mean, what the FUCK? If that was my girlfriend, I would be blowing up her online profile directly, not trying to play grab-ass with other people online.

Jenga

Banned
Amir0x said:

Detective Amirox is on the case!

No criminal on the internet is safe from GAF JUSTICE

[Nintex] said:
It all seemed real untill he came up with the murdered sister story. Not doing anything to find his girlfriend was stupid but might've been a panic reaction. Totally ignoring the fact that someone was murdered... well that's just fucked up and in this case made up.

It all could have been real until the guy went and got a full night's sleep hours after finding out his girlfriend was missing and her car was destroyed.

jamesinclair said:
So.....if the OP is telling the truth, and his gf/friends seriously screwed him over.....GAF then ALSO screws him over?

Thats not good.

He never made an effort to find out if he was getting screwed over - BECAUSE - he wasn't getting screwed over. He made the shit up himself.

Amir0x said:

You take modding way too seriously. You really need to get the fuck over yourself and lock this thread already. Fucking Christ man.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
MThanded said:
time to watch masterchef.
Fuck yeah! Forgot that was on today.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
JBaird said:
My top priority is to get this thread deleted and any malicious avatars deleted. I made a huge fucking mistake posting on GAF.

Uh uh.

If you've been following the thread you will have noticed that a link to it has been notified to the police. On your behalf. To help you. By one of Us. At a time when it seemed your story might be true and that this sort of help is what was needed.

Know what that means?

It means this thread is evidence.

Exactly what it is evidence of is a wee bit up in the air right now. But evidence is what it is. If it isn't evidence of abduction/rape/murder than it might well be evidence of malicious something-or-other, or breach of whatever-it-may-be or wasting police time or something equally heinous. Hell, if it was you that was being duped, then you might have a cause of action yourself.

But once evidence is there it doesn't go away all that easily.

Not without something like, say, a FULL CONFESSION.

(Edit: way way too late. thread move too fast, just caught up with my own post!)

God, this thread has been such a roller coast. I was on this morning when he posted that they found her sister's body dead and raped and I was just absolutely crushed. Really, crushed. I was trying to defend OP, I feel so god damn taken advantage of. Fuck people man.

Also, this is totally just a stealth girl-age thread.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
MechaX said:
"I'm trying to contact as many people as possible to see who's on her profile."

I mean, what the FUCK? If that was my girlfriend, I would be blowing up her online profile directly, not trying to play grab-ass with other people online.
Damn straight. Did didn't even bother to contact the person watching the sister's kid. If we'd known she had a myspace from the beginning... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Darkman M

Ok i posted on the first page then went to sleep and now there is 3000+ post. Wtf happened here? Did this guy really make this whole story up?

xbhaskarx

Einbroch said:
In-depth recap for those just tuning in:

1. JBaird posts that his girlfriend was driving to Tennessee and police found her car empty and wrecked.

2. GAF sympathizes with OP. Some even offer money and phone calls.

3. JBaird claims that his girlfriend's sister was murdered and raped, but still no sign of his girlfriend.

4. GAF mods determine that he posted from the police station with the same IP address as his home IP address.

5. GAF freaks out, and begins to truly doubt his story.

6. Mods convene and determine that it is possible to have the same IP with a mobile device.

7. JBaird posts girlfriends name, detective GAF goes on the prowl with mod's approval.

8. JBaird's girlfriend is on MySpace, online and alive.

9. JBaird, now caught/confused, doesn't know how that's possible.

10. Amir0x and many others message the girl, but with no response.

11. Amir0x gives JBaird a deal: Confess with minimal punishment or deny and face a permaban if there is no official information.

12. JBaird cries and moans about privacy...when he was the one who posted it all on the forum to begin with. He claims this is all true and does not take the deal.

13. JBaird gets defensive and starts ranting about how his top priority is to ensure the integrity of his girlfriend and his girlfriend's sister and that the mods remove all evidence of who these people are.

14. JBaird admits that the whole thing might not be true and that he might have been duped by his girlfriend.

15. GAF offers advice, and JBaird goes missing for a short while.

Mean jokes throughout, of course. I recommend reading the un-abridged version.

:lol thanks

I just don't understand the mentallity of lying about something like this.

JBaird if your still reading this, get help. Professional help. You're either sick in the head or just flat out retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom