• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls III...STAMINA GREEN

Mindlog

ONolN8F.png

WE DID IT!!
That's the best thing lmao.

But now the stream is corporate.
m45REo3.gif

All in good fun. There's a great sport at Koss. Well done.

zma1013

I hope next stream he does is filled with nothing but Koss all over it. Koss shirt, Koss hat, Koss posters, headphones, glasses, tattoo. It would be like a Wayne's World skit.

rando14

I hope next stream he does is filled with nothing but Koss all over it. Koss shirt, Koss hat, Koss posters, headphones, glasses, tattoo. It would be like a Wayne's World skit.

lol you better do this Jeff!! I want to see you wearing at least 3 pairs of headphones and those stickers all over your shirt

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Next up: pretzels and Cheese Board sponsorship.

They sent this man 3 sets of PortaPros™, not sure why when Koss PortaPros™ have a first in class lifetime warranty on parts and labor!

For real though, that's really cool of Koss. PortaPros are dope, I use mine just about everyday.

yonder

I did actually pick up a pair of portapros almost two years ago thanks to Jeff. I use them daily and they're fantastic.

Bl@de

They sent this man 3 sets of PortaPros™, not sure why when Koss PortaPros™ have a first in class lifetime warranty on parts and labor!

For real though, that's really cool of Koss. PortaPros are dope, I use mine just about everyday.

Easy. Even if a pair breaks, Jeff can still enjoy the premium quality sound of KOSS PortaPros™. Never accept less than perfection.

repeater

They sent this man 3 sets of PortaPros™, not sure why when Koss PortaPros™ have a first in class lifetime warranty on parts and labor
They probably just got tired of this cranky old man calling them about every other month trying to get a new replacement for his Portapros.

Flipyap

The wold-famous Porta Pro™ design doesn't fit my lifestyle, so I was dismayed that I wouldn't be able to join the club. Luckily, Koss® also makes great KSC75 clip-on headphones sporting their unique SPORTCLIP™ design which are just right for me and their warranty is forever.
(ugliest headphones I've ever seen, but they do sound great)

Chunky

The wold-famous Porta Pro™ design doesn't fit my lifestyle, so I was dismayed that I wouldn't be able to join the club. Luckily, Koss® also makes great KSC75 clip-on headphones sporting their unique SPORTCLIP™ design which are just right for me and their warranty is forever.
(ugliest headphones I've ever seen, but they do sound great)
Fear the viral marketing, Laurence. By the Gods fear it.

w0s

I hate not being up to date. I stopped watching the dark souls 3 stream for some reason and now the surprise of him winning is completely lost when you can see the preview image on a more recent video :( Is there any way to counteract this other than to stay current?

An-Det

It's not a Dark Soul stream, but we are getting more Black Dragon soon. His segment with Lorne Lanning last year was solid, so really looking forward to this.

https://twitter.com/Greenspeak/status/742031452527693825

Jeff Green
‏@Greenspeak Jeff Green Retweeted TheDutchSlayer
Tuesday night!

TheDutchSlayer @TheDutchSlayer
@Greenspeak Have a save flight and make sure to drop by the @giantbomb night show please! :D

Noaloha

Just noticed this from twitter,

7 hours ago
Away this weekend, then onsite playing An Unnamed Game all week. Livestreaming to FINALLY resume next weekend!

Man, this game looks so confusing to me. I'm getting too old. It reminds me of Dota 2 and LoL, in that I have no idea what's happening at any given moment.

Mindlog

Missed the stream, but it's no coincidence that after Jeff's hiatus Key is also active on that account again.

Jeff Kay... It's too obvious. We've been hoodwinked by some brilliant performance art.

As someone who doesn't play Overwatch, I REALLY appreciate how Jeff takes the time to explain each character's special abilities. Makes things much easier to understand. Thanks, Jeff!

Grinchy

Banned
He lost his progress again. Holy shit. I guess his PC died or something.

This is just torture now lol. He would have been better off with the PS4 version that he accidentally bought.

Sande

GVFbI3L.gif

Jeff Green ‏@Greenspeak 16 minutes ago
Old Man Yells at Dark Souls 3 livestream to commence in about 30 minutes!

Grinchy

Banned
He was doing well against the Abyss Watchers, and then his game froze again. But the stream kept going. I wonder if it's a GPU driver issue.

Man, he should have restarted on PS4. 60 fps isn't worth anything if it's at low settings and the game crashes 1-2 times per stream.

Grinchy

Banned
He needs a young whippersnapper to come in, open up his PC, check his CPU cooler to see if it's even attached well enough, re-seat the GPU, ect. Then go in and re-install windows 10 and all the drivers for him. I know he's tried things on his own, but his beast of a PC should be laughing at Dark Souls 3, not dying to it.

Bl@de

Man, he should have restarted on PS4. 60 fps isn't worth anything if it's at low settings and the game crashes 1-2 times per stream.

I agree. Even if the stream quality is worse ... his PC is just trash. Jeff needs to open it up and really look into this because a i7/Titan combo has no problem with any game (and DS3 should easily get high settings with 1440p/50-60fps) on the market! His cooling/drivers/etc. are just a mess probably.

It's up to him and I'll watch the stream either way (I doubt he wants to start over again on console) but I doubt the problems will simply disappear. Winter is not coming any time soon :p

He lost his progress again. Holy shit. I guess his PC died or something.

This is just torture now lol. He would have been better off with the PS4 version that he accidentally bought.

Nooooo!

I hope he doesn't quit, but I also hope the problem gets resolved.

It could be annoying, but maybe he could backup his character data at the end of each stream?

The Titan is too powerful for game saves.

I agree. Even if the stream quality is worse ... his PC is just trash. Jeff needs to open it up and really look into this because a i7/Titan combo has no problem with any game (and DS3 should easily get high settings with 1440p/50-60fps) on the market! His cooling/drivers/etc. are just a mess probably.

It's up to him and I'll watch the stream either way (I doubt he wants to start over again on console) but I doubt the problems will simply disappear. Winter is not coming any time soon :p

Does anyone know what kind of PC he has? We could write him an instruction on how to open it, what to check etc. lol.

yonder

Man, that sucks about losing the progress again. I really hope he perseveres and keeps going, but it's probably a good idea to switch to ps4 or get the pc looked at.

Can't wait to get some free time to watch all these recent streams!

Wait, I'm confused. I still haven't watched Jeff's first stream back, but there's all this talk about Jeff losing his progress again so I skipped ahead a bit. In all of his videos he seems to be further along than he ever has been before. In which video does he lose his progress for a second time?

JustinBB7

Wait, I'm confused. I still haven't watched Jeff's first stream back, but there's all this talk about Jeff losing his progress again so I skipped ahead a bit. In all of his videos he seems to be further along than he ever has been before. In which video does he lose his progress for a second time?

He only lost his save once, people just forgot and repeated it, thinking it was his second time.

He only lost his save once, people just forgot and repeated it, thinking it was his second time.

Oh really? Haha, this thread is like the telephone game, then. Everyone seemed to accept it as fact that Jeff lost his progress again (including me a few posts above!).

I haven't played Dark Souls 3, so I'm basing my thoughts on Jeff's experiences. I gotta say, I LOVE Jeff's streams, but they can be surprisingly frustrating to watch (in a good way!). Jeff's banging his head against the Crystal Sage, but he's making so many correctable mistakes. He either rolls or runs up to the boss, which means that he has barely any stamina left. The he whiffs his first couple of attacks and usually gets counterattacked since he doesn't have stamina to roll out of the way. Jeff, you need to take it slow and be methodical! It looks like circling around to the Crystal Sage's backside would help, as well.

Grinchy

Banned

I don't think that's correct. I feel like I've personally seen him on 3 different characters now (so, 2 restarts).

Anyone know for sure? I'm looking at you, Shy! If anyone knows, it would be you.

JustinBB7

I don't think that's correct. I feel like I've personally seen him on 3 different characters now (so, 2 restarts).

Anyone know for sure? I'm looking at you, Shy! If anyone knows, it would be you.

I think he restarted once but that wasn't due to save file losses.

Top Bottom