• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling v. Digital Homicide: The "Interview"

Steroyd

*Checks Patreon account*

Oh, I won.

I very much won.

;)

Jim, I'll forgive you if you tell me this was all a publicity stunt to get more hits, after the Slaughtering Grounds there's no way DH could keep acting the way they do, see you only benefit from it and continue to self destruct anyway.

There's just no way.

The fuck. Isn't this where the guy said "Yeah I can see how that was taken out of context" or something, like he tried to brush off the beating women part?
He tried to turn it into another criticism of me, saying, "I told [presumably James Romine] it should've been a male, as I knew you'd be all over that."

Basically suggesting I'M the unreasonable one for finding it disturbing that you're repeatedly punching a defenseless woman in the face.

NeonBlack

DrNeroCF

I mean, it's confirmed at this point that DH is doing this for the attention, and Jim is doing it because it's hilarious, right?

BY2K

Membero Americo
You know what, I'm sure Jim could hit this video with a copyright claim for using his image.

*Checks Patreon account*

Oh, I won.

I very much won.

;)
Oh you very much did, but at the end of the day, you were the only person who could have lost anything with this interview. Even if DH had come in with actual ammo and not insanity, they still had no real chance of coming out ahead because of their past actions with both the public and yourself.

They had nothing to lose and only more publicity to gain.

I am honestly surprised at how calm you were able to stay throughout that almost two hour trainwreck though. Even I was yelling, and I wasn't even there :p And as a fan of your work and of comedy, I am glad you took the interview. It was absolutely fascinating, but the wannabe professional game dev in me says it was probably a bad idea on everyone's end.

Galdere

Neo Member
I don't think your scenario is that plausible given they explicitly ask Jim Sterling to stop playing their games because with the refunds system in place there is no need for a third party telling people how bad a game is, because if you as a customer consider it bad or not worth the money you spent you can get instantly refunded.

A more telling part of the interview was that they thought Jim Sterling had been key begging - presumably because someone had been claiming to be Jim Sterling while begging for free stuff.
Its entirely possible they thought this was one of those shakedowns ("Give me a free key 'for the exposure or I will shit all over your game publically") given they obviously don't know who Jim Sterling is.

I think you're missing my point. When Steam refunds were first implemented they could be claimed for pretty much any previous store purchase for a short while, hence money that DH had already received could have been claimed against. It is a different circumstance going forward now that you refer to.

I mean, it's confirmed at this point that DH is doing this for the attention, and Jim is doing it because it's hilarious, right?

I think DH is doing it because the guy has zero self awareness and honestly thinks he's right and is making amazing points and counter points.

Just listening to this again. Man, the DH guy has no idea how YouTube works, and he goes on this petty tirade trying to personally insult Jim and his career when he should have just said "Yeah, fair enough some of my early games have been shit, but we're getting better and a lot of our early mistakes can be attributed to our own naivety". I feel kind of bad for him and his odd viewpoints, but on the other hand I expect that they've actually benefited from all this coverage and controversy.

Top Bottom