• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

jimmy johns, best sandwich chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
If you have a Potbelly's in your area, give it a shot. Just an absolutely amazing sandwich and they're insanely fast as well.

Also quite cheap, only costs like $4.86 after tax for a standard size sandwich. They also have the most amazing cookies in the world for quite cheap ($1.20 or so). I stopped getting them though since I looked at how bad they are for me... as many calories as my sandwich. :(

Yea I looked for one when I saw it mentioned in here but nothing in my area :\

I'm always open to trying new places.

notworksafe

It's all about Earl of Sandwich. Dat All-American...

jbnGvQzUxFxdqE.png

Wiz

What a coincidence, today was my first time trying JJ, and this thread gets made.

They're pretty good though. Got a #1 for lunch.

Johnas

I'm always surprised to see the lack of Lenny's mentions in threads like these.

http://www.lennys.com/locations/

Although I live where it started (in 1998) it has really grown since its inception. I greatly prefer it to Firehouse, Quiznos, or Subway.

Never tried Jimmy John's, I'd like to someday if I'm near one at lunchtime.

Nope. Lenny's is the best around here.

Hit up an Italian or Philly Cheese.

Ah. Yeah, Italian or Chicken Salad for me.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm always surprised to see the lack of Lenny's mentions in threads like these.

http://www.lennys.com/locations/

Although I live where it started (in 1998) it has really grown since its inception. I greatly prefer it to Firehouse, Quiznos, or Subway.

Never tried Jimmy John's, I'd like to someday if I'm near one at lunchtime.

There are only two in the whole state. One is 20 miles away and the other is more than 200. I guess if I'm ever over that way and I feel hungry I'll try it.

Johnas

There are only two in the whole state. One is 20 miles away and the other is more than 200. I guess if I'm ever over that way and I feel hungry I'll try it.

Well, that's a good enough excuse. Sometimes I think I'm the only GAFer not living in California or New York.

What's great about Lenny's is that they absolutely do not skimp on the meat. Sometimes I actually leave some leftover meat, it can be too much. Also everything is fresh sliced and baked, as it should be.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I like JJ's but wish they'd diversify the menu every once in a while. I'm a fan of Quiznos too, but they are too expensive.

We have an awesome place here in Ames, West Street Deli, that I'll go to over any of the "fast food" chains.

LProtag

I like to get sandwiches from delis and smaller places.

No point going to chain places for sandwiches when the prices are the same at a local place.

EYEL1NER

JJ's is great. It is the only white bread I eat.
I get the Italian Night Club.

JJ's is my cold sandwich joint, Firehouse is my go-to for hot.
And speaking of Firehouse, has anyone tried their regular non-sub Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich? sogood.gif
It's some awesome Pulled Pork, King's Hawaiian Bread, Pepperjack Cheese, and Coleslaw.

Drew Brees opened a Jimmy John's in Metairie, so it must be fucking amazing. I plan on checking it out next time I'm in the area.

I do love me some Firehouse and Jersey Mike's though, but I must resist my cravings for sandwiches.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can't believe you posted that and not a sandwich on their ludicrously good 7-grain bread. Stuffed with cherry peppers.
I4Rip.jpg

Delivered in like 5.3 minutes.

Jimmy Johns is fucking stellar.

Machine

I know several people who love JJ's. I'm indifferent. I feel like I'm getting too much bread and not enough fillings. My favorite sub chain, Dibella's, is only in about five states. There's also a small Michigan-only chain called Big John's Steak and Onion which is damn good.

Jimmy John's just opened up in my town and I love it. I usually go with the Vito. Good stuff. Also love the fact they do delivery. More places need to do this.

mernst23

I avoid eating at Jimmy J's because their owner is an asshole. Besides:

Earl of Sandwich > Silvermine Subs > Jersey Mikes > Potbellys > Quiznos > Subway = Jimmy Johns

I really wish Silvermine was anywhere besides college towns in a couple states, i love their sandwiches.

I've never had Penn station or firehouse but when i was working in houston for long periods of time i'd get earl of sandwich like every other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom