• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jo Cox (Labour MP) stabbed, shot dead in Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
It's almost like rah-rah pseudo facist nationalism would have a radicalizing effect on people. Almost.

Can't wait for the false flag accusations, just so we can have the full alt-right experience this side of the Atlantic.

I have to go back to work soon, so can't update the op with what will hopefully be the good news of her condition improving.

Wishing her all the best. Mother of two, this is so sad.

It's almost like rah-rah pseudo facist nationalism would have a radicalizing effect on people. Almost.

Can't wait for the false flag accusations, just so we can have the full alt-right experience this side of the Atlantic.

Already had false flag accusations on twitter apparently.

kami_sama

I hope she pulls trough.

I have a question, what do you say when you talk about surgeries. I only know of the doctor-and-nurse type.

I hope she pulls trough.

I have a question, what do you say when you talk about surgeries. I only know of the doctor-and-nurse type.

exactly the same except rather them discussing a health issue, you talk to an mp about a local constituency issue or a national political one. They will try to help you and may even raise your issue in parliament.

Lagamorph

Shot twice then kicked as she lay bleeding on the floor.
The guy is then reported to have calmly walked away.

Jesus Christ.

Either he is just an evil person or there are serious mental health issues involved.

Slime

Banned
Far-right having its day in the sun, I guess. Makes me worry even more about the US election season. Trump is getting these sorts of people riled with identical rhetoric.

Hope she pulls through.

What a fucking travesty.

I hope she pulls trough.

An MP will be at a library or hall or somewhere similar and people can turn up and have a chat about local issues and such that are important to people. They're usually low-key and focused on community issues or action.

I hope she pulls trough.

Local constituents talk about their grievances. It's a form if direct democracy. Bring up issues to your local MP and they try to help/bring them up in parliament.

Jesus Christ.

Either he is just an evil person or there are serious mental health issues involved.

What a truly awful country we have become, I hope she pulls through this, so sad, nobody deserves this just because they have a different opinion.

kami_sama

exactly the same except rather them discussing a health issue, you talk to an mp about a local constituency issue or a national political one. They will try to help you and may even raise your issue in parliament.

http://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/surgeries/

It's basically an office that people can walk into and discuss issues with their MP

Surgery is essentially the mp open meeting for constituents to talk to their mp about issues.

Ah, thank you. We don't that type of thing here so I didn't know what it was referring to.

klonere

Banned
I have to go back to work soon, so can't update the op with what will hopefully be the good news of her condition improving.

Wishing her all the best. Mother of two, this is so sad.

Already had false flag accusations on twitter apparently.

God I hate it all.

Willing Jo to be okay, nobody nobody nobody deserves this.

Cafe owner Clarke Rothwell, who witnessed the attack, said he heard a "loud popping noise that sounded like a balloon burst - a loud balloon".

as someone who lives in the US, this is such an unfamiliar reaction on something

We don't hear "a popping noise that sounded like a balloon burst"

we know its fucking gunshots.

Crazy.

anyway, hope she recovers. Shit is terrible.

Jesus Christ.

Or maybe he just hates her and what she stands for and decided to do something about it.

NekoFever

On the 'surgery' question, the word comes from the Greek for doing something personally or by hand. That's why it's applied here, since the MP is personally attending to the concerns of their constituents.

Yeah, I suspected that was the case. But couldn't they cover themselves by saying something akin to Unconfirmed reports say, etc.

Or just not spread hearsay bullshit.

as someone who lives in the US, this is such an unfamiliar reaction on something

We don't hear "a popping noise that sounded like a balloon burst"

we know its fucking gunshots.

Crazy.

anyway, hope she recovers. Shit is terrible.

Alot of gang violence with guns in the UK are with 22. Caliber pistols. Pea shooters.

That's why in the rare time a shooting does happen, people often survive it.

I'd imagine, outside of novelty ankle guns and the like, the average US handgun is something a bit more powerful and alot louder.

As an American, I'm really sorry you guys had to get a taste of the stupidity we're dealing with over here. Dude sounds almost to a tee like what a radical Trump supporter would be if born in America.

I hope that she pulls through, and glad they caught his ass.

I hope she recovers.

mentally instable, bad childhood

let's find out how the bbc reports it.

Or Cameron.

Chickens coming home to roost mate.

edit: thing is, they could be absolutely acceptable explanations for the man's actions. Just the inconsistency is breath taking.

Jackpot

Banned
Let's wait a bit before we pin it on right-wing extremists or immigrants.

"When I looked round there's a man stood there in his 50s with a white baseball cap on and a jacket with a gun, an old fashioned looking gun in his hand," he said.

Mr Abdallah said the weapon had "looked handmade" and a man who had been wrestling with the gunman continued even after seeing the gun.

If the shooter is old maybe some war relic?

Absolutely disgusting news. I hope she pulls through I really do.

People can get to fuck if they think they're going to turn this place into some loopy right wing doss hole.

Jesus Christ.

The new mayor of Cologne/Germany Henriette Reker got stabbed in the neck a day before the votes by a guy who said he feared about the Sharia getting introduced in Germany and that there would be to many immigrants...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henriette_Reker

MrS

Banned
This attack is so disturbing. Hope whoever is responsible is dealt with accordingly and that Jo pulls through.

BBC saying local people have named man being 'arrested' (in those pictures) as Tommy Mair. BBC also showed new footage of that same guy being arrested, but this time the bag mentioned in reports could be seen on the ground behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom