• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Staten (lead Halo/Destiny wirter) re-joins Microsoft

JaggedSac

His linkedin:

jt2uAABjxgsi7.png

Interesting, MS might have a new project they are working on.

V_Ben

Banned
Him as a creative director is a very cool thing. Joe Staten's ability to craft convincing universes means that as an overseer, he'll be able to help shape those universes as they develop. Super smart.

Mistel

Banned
This is good news I really liked contact harvest, I can't wait to see what he works on.
giphy.gif

Hope for halo yet :D.

Sean

Banned
I kinda doubt he's working on Halo 5, it seems a little too late for him to have much input on the story or cinematics. This is probably for the Halo TV series they announced at E3.

Either way it's a great hire for MS.

I have a friend that probably won't shut up about how this is great news and go on and on.

As he shouldn't. Pretty good news and I think it'll have to do with the show.

Pavaloo

Great news, but his involvement in Halo 5 now would seemingly be small no? [If he is working with 343 at all] Maybe they're gearing for a strong Halo 6 lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Also, a mod totally copied a typo from the other thread's title. Hilariously, it's in the word, "writer" lol

mjc

Guarantee he's working on a new IP for them. If anything he's just offering insight to 343i if they ask questions.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Have to assume this is across all MS portfolio projects and not just one thing, and maybe he's writing for the Halo stuff too.

swcpig

Banned
OK. Wow.

Dude also did work on Myth 2... my personal favorite Bungie game.

BTW. Not to derail (though I'm gonna), who owns that IP. Man, that's a series I wish could get a reboot.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
OH!! Oh. oh....
Ummmmmmm...
I don't remember liking that book. And I should know, I own it. I don't remember much of the story but I remember it being extremely light on the action. That's probably why I didn't like it though, I don't read Halo book for the story. I read them because they're basically action movies. I'll give it another shot.

Top Bottom