• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Staten (lead Halo/Destiny wirter) re-joins Microsoft

Tamanon

Banned
I hope they have a better thing for him to do than Halo, personally. It seemed like he was looking for something different.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Don't be keeping secrets!

Frankie posted in HaloGAF something along the lines of, "none sleeps remaining". Usually when there's announcement or any kind of Halo news, Frankie teases us with sleeps remaining. What be means then is that something Halo related is happening today.

When the Staten news dropped we all wondered if that was what he was referring to. In that last post I just linked, he confirms that the Staten news was not what he was talking about. Jessica Shea (Sr. Community Manager at 343) also tweeted something about Good news coming today.

So, there's got to be something Halo related coming today. However, we don't know what it is.

I have no insider info, trust me.

Looks like Mike Ybarra runs the part of Xbox Studios that works with 3rd parties on exclusive games.

I believe he's pretty much Phil Spencer's number 2. In the Ryse: Son of Rome credits he below Phil in their own section of them... "Partner studio manager" is his title, you're right though, third parties.

Frankie posted in HaloGAF something along the lines of, "none sleeps remaining". Usually when there's announcement or any kind of Halo news, Frankie teases us with sleeps remaining. What be means then is that something Halo related is happening today.

When the Staten news dropped we all wondered if that was what he was referring to. In that last post I just linked, he confirms that the Staten news was not what he was talking about. Jessica Shea (Sr. Community Manager at 343) also tweeted something about Good news coming today.

So, there's got to be something Halo related coming today. However, we don't know what it is.

Ah, sounds good. Fingers crossed.

Awesome news, hope he can do some good there. One of my favorite personalities in the industry, I remember watching a video of him doing a speech at a graduation, and it was damn inspiring.

The Flash

Banned

Intriguing most intriguing. Didn't know Frankie was on GAF.

They should have hired him BEFORE they revealed the Xbox One last year. Maybe he could have stemmed some of the awful negative publicity that Microsoft and Adam Orth unleashed.

jem0208

I presume he's joined 343?

If so this is really awesome! I thought he might do after he left Bungie.

Edit: Awww, he hasn't joined 343 :(

Left Bungie for new challenges, joins 343 to work on more Halo.

Makes sense.

He doesn't appear to be working on Halo or any game. He's Microsoft's new Creative Director, taking Adam Orth's old position. He's a Product Marketing Executive now.

He's a "features" guy. At least, that's what it looks like.

I must say, they should definitely tap him to write/direct/produce for the Halo TV show. Why waste that kind of talent, especially since HE created lots of the LORE itself.

OK. Wow.

Dude also did work on Myth 2... my personal favorite Bungie game.

BTW. Not to derail (though I'm gonna), who owns that IP. Man, that's a series I wish could get a reboot.

2k owns it, it became theirs when MS bought the 19.9 percent of bungie that they owned.

I can understand people loving Halo for it's gameplay. Mainly because I quite enjoy it and could READ about it all day. It's undeniably clever.

But the story was not remarkable at all. It was kinda generic tosh.

sparth_wallpaper_660.jpg

In closing, I will leave you with this image from Sparth – an early exploration of a new location that features prominently in a little game project we’re tinkering with….

Looking good!

but what does that mean for Destiny, one has to wonder...

to be perfectly honest Halo 4's rather severely misguided take on 'Halo' will need a LOT of repairs in the sequel. I do not expect there to be many though. :(

Top Bottom