• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick 2 Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be disappointing. The set up was good for one move - like Taken - no more was needed.

There's nothing saying that it will be the exact same plot as the first one. I mean, the Raid 2 managed to be way different than the first film, even though it used the same style of action and had the same director. I mean, Wick is back in his role as an assassin this time, so I doubt we'd be getting another dog revenge film.

kmax

Will be disappointing. The set up was good for one move - like Taken - no more was needed.

I beg to differ. PG-13 is what killed the Taken sequels, and that ain't happening here.

We need more rated R films like this. The fact that we're getting them is a cause for celebration.

Will this one have a story that might make me give approximately one rat hide about the supposedly good action scenes? It really is the burning question.

DieH@rd

Banned
Magnificent news. Original movie brought such a breath of fresh air into a action genre. Keanu was pure badass, worldbuilding was great, action set pieces and editing were phenomenal.

Sephzilla

I'm interested, John Wick was one of the best action movies I've seen in a long ass time. I want to see what they do to get Wick back in action this time because whomever does it has to be a big dumbass considering how many people Wick went through in the first movie. I also hope we got more good world building in this movie, I was happily surprised with the first movie's surprising amount of depth to its universe.

Deadstar

Yes! Wick was amazing! I'm thinking he's back!

Best news.

image.php

Loved the first one except for any time where Keanu spoke more than a word or two. He was at his best with simple nods, grunts and action.

DieH@rd

Banned
Raid 3
John Wick 2

Where IS MY GODDAMN DREDD SEQUEL? Ya herr meee??

Dredd production cost - $45M
Dredd WW box office - $41M

John Wick production cost - $20M
John Wick WW box office - $78M
John Wick streaming+discs - $37M

As Adi Shankar said, nobody will make a sequel for a film that lost money. That happens only if true miracles happen.

Blizzard

Banned
I definitely liked Wick better than Dredd. I'll go see the sequel, but I guess I tend to worry a little when something neat and kind of unique gets a sequel.

mooncakes

Dredd production cost - $45M
Dredd WW box office - $41M

John Wick production cost - $20M
John Wick WW box office - $78M
John Wick streaming+discs - $37M

As Adi Shankar said, nobody will make a sequel for a film that lost money. That happens only if true miracles happen.

how much did dredd make from dvd sales?

I'd love for this to be a prequel, show the events leading up to his retirement with a third John Wick focusing on events after the first movie to close the trilogy.

Smidget

I want to watch the first movie, but I wanted an edited non-super depressing version please. Dogs dying are super upsetting.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Whatever it is they do with the movie please do not try and make it have a very involving story.

The best part of the first one was that it didn't take itself to seriously and get boggled down by a shitty story.

The first one was really fun, and I liked it quite a bit. The music especially. So, here's hoping the sequel -- which wasn't entirely necessary and worries me a bit -- is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom