• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

Neiteio

man he's taking forever on his new videos. If this is really his livelihood then I don't know he can afford to live in New York. He can't be making THAT much in ad revenue.
Well, his videos are long, and I imagine I'm not the only one who regularly rewatches them. That, plus he has paid sponsorships on each episode, and he does promo videos in between.

The best part of the whole movie is how the only way they could the role playing gamers into bad guys is by completely ignoring reality and making them into the cool kids.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So is the movie supposed to be a joke and the pamphlet creators are just too stupid to realize it's making fun of them, or was it supposed to be serious?

The people who made this were taking the piss, right? And that's why Jon gave them a shout out at the end, right? The way they acted made them seem really self-aware of this stupidity.

I loved the totally-not-a-jock cool guy.

"I am Tiamat!" *tackles girl*

So is the movie supposed to be a joke and the pamphlet creators are just too stupid to realize it's making fun of them, or was it supposed to be serious?

The people who made this were taking the piss, right? And that's why Jon gave them a shout out at the end, right? The way they acted made them seem really self-aware of this stupidity.

I loved the totally-not-a-jock cool guy.

"I am Tiamat!" *tackles girl*

at one point in the video he said the original author of the comic was 100% serious. I don't know whether to trust him but it wouldn't be the craziest shit a christian has said/done

Ok, so someone posted this in the youtube comments:

[Dark Dungeons] was made by "Zombie Orpheus Entertainment" some people on YouTube who also made, "The Gamers" and "Journey Quest" which are both pretty lovingly done send ups to gaming and fantasy tropes. There's no doubt they produced this movie as a joke.

Chick put his seal of approval on it as he was too stupid to look up who was making the movie. Any cringe I had watching it has turned into hilarity.

That Muslim line is the best.

Ok, so someone posted this in the youtube comments:

Chick put his seal of approval on it as he was too stupid to look up who was making the movie. Any cringe I had watching it has turned into hilarity.

That Muslim line is the best.

im curious just how closely it followed the basic premise of the comic while being tongue in cheek over how ridiculous it is.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
at one point in the video he said the original author of the comic was 100% serious. I don't know whether to trust him but it wouldn't be the craziest shit a christian has said/done
The comic is serious, but is the movie itself? The guy who created the comic seems like the kind of "smart cookie" who would totally believe some film makers want to make a serious film and would never catch onto the fact that they're literally poking fun at it.

Basically, is this supposed to be serious like the original Reefer Madness, or a satire like the 2005 remake?

The comic is serious, but is the movie itself? The guy who created the comic seems like the kind of "smart cookie" who would totally believe some film makers want to make a serious film and would never catch onto the fact that they're literally poking fun at it.

Basically, is this supposed to be serious like the original Reefer Madness, or a satire like the 2005 remake?

I honestly don't know how they can keep a straight face on camera unless they know it's comedy

ChrisD

I have to say, the production on this new video is insane.

Also, it's amazing.

After watching an H3H3 video a few nights ago where Ethan said, paraphrasing: "I kept telling Jon we should make more videos like this, just walking town or whatever but the dude's like 'NEED MICHAEL BAY, GET BIG GUEST STARS' and all this crazy stuff, dude"

And Jon was just laughing as he spoke. Seeing this come out immediately afterwards makes that even funnier.

What a movie. And what a great episode. RPG isn't as great as Chicken Man, but it's pretty dang close.

Metal B

The first ten minutes were good, but then it felt like, Jon and his team run out of budget or time after that point. The Spoony review was much better, especially because of the background information of the movie.

I think I remember seeing that VHS box at my local Blockbuster next to the other "Spooky monster" movies, the one that always caught my eye on that same shelf was a werewolf poodle movie? Thankfully I dint watch for it could have scarred my young mind.....or killed my brain cells depending. >_>;

Good video, but I think it fell off about midway.

While enjoyable as every Jon tron video tends to be, it's definitely one of his weaker ones. It's especially sad when he doesn't deliver content as regularly anymore (in New York I don't know how he's making it) so when he does have a video and it's one of his weaker ones it's even more disappointing. All of his other Halloween videos are better. And outside of possibly the Talking Cat review this is the weakest movie summary of his.

But as I said I still enjoyed it. But I hope he's not running out of video game content. He doesn't have to stick around with 8 bit/16 bit. He can always do Nintendo 64 and ps1 titles.

While enjoyable as every Jon tron video tends to be, it's definitely one of his weaker ones. It's especially sad when he doesn't deliver content as regularly anymore (in New York I don't know how he's making it) so when he does have a video and it's one of his weaker ones it's even more disappointing. All of his other Halloween videos are better. And outside of possibly the Talking Cat review this is the weakest movie summary of his.

But as I said I still enjoyed it. But I hope he's not running out of video game content. He doesn't have to stick around with 8 bit/16 bit. He can always do Nintendo 64 and ps1 titles.

Agree completely with all of this. Although imo Talking Cat was one of his better episodes.

The two Goosebumps videos are still the best Jontron has ever made imo, even better than Nightshade.

UrbanRats

OfficialImperfectAngelfish.gif

BadScalyIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Honestly I don't think anybody would judge him if he brought down the budget per episode.

As funny as him having a decorated room and people to do sketches with and special effects like in the dnd Christian film one I don't need all of that. I just want the ecchs

I was also watching game Grumps best of and God damn I miss him in that.

Just saw it.

As other say it was an ok song. But only continues to prove that Jon's singing is fucking great. I wish he had an 80s rock band.

I see he continued the friendship with Schomoyoho (Accent on the yo)

Neiteio

Jontron's not saying he supports Trump. He's saying that Trump won the electoral college fair and square, and if Trump had lost and protested like Clinton's supporters are now, then the same supporters would be criticizing them. And it's true. I say this as someone who voted for Clinton. (See my many posts criticizing Trump throughout election season.)

Beyond that, he's just pointing out how the tendency of some to paint all Trump supporters with the same brush ("evil," etc) didn't do Clinton's side any favors. Making others feel judged is not a good way to be persuasive.

All that being said... Jontron really shouldn't be saying anything. He makes one of the most feel-good shows on the Internet. Why muddy up the waters by talking politics and potentially alienating members of your audience?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jontron's not saying he supports Trump. He's saying that Trump won the electoral college fair and square, and if Trump had lost and protested like Clinton's supporters are now, then the same supporters would be criticizing them. And it's true. I say this as someone who voted for Clinton. (See my many posts criticizing Trump throughout election season.)

Beyond that, he's just pointing out how the tendency of some to paint all Trump supporters with the same brush ("evil," etc) didn't do Clinton's side any favors. Making others feel judged is not a good way to be persuasive.

All that being said... Jontron really shouldn't be saying anything. He makes one of the most feel-good shows on the Internet. Why muddy up the waters by talking politics and potentially alienating members of your audience?

The worst thing you can do in the current political climate is to try and make a nuanced point.

Top Bottom