• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Condems Jewish Prayers at Judasisms holiest spot on a Jewish holiday

cryptoadam

Banned
JORDAN CONDEMNS JEWISH ASCENT TO TEMPLE MOUNT BY 'OCCUPYING POWER'

The visit by more than 1,400 Jews to the Temple Mount on Sunday to mark Tisha Be’av – Judaism’s day of mourning commemorating the destruction of the First and Second Temples – constitutes a provocation to Muslims the world over, Jordanian and Palestinian spokesmen said on Sunday.

According to Petra, Jordan’s official news service, Jordanian government spokesman Jumana Ghneimat “condemned in the strongest terms the ongoing Israeli violations and provocations against al-Aqsa Mosque/Al Haram al-Sharif compound, especially the provocative incursions of extremists and settlers that took place today into the courtyards of the holy site.”

The Jordanians were not the only ones to protest what is believed to be the largest number of Jews to visit the Temple Mount on Tisha Be’av in centuries.

Palestinian Authority spokesman Yousef Mahmoud said in a statement published by the official PA news Agency WAFA that Sunday was “a black day in the history of the city of Jerusalem, and in the history of Palestine and the history of the Arabs and Muslims.”
He said that images of the Jews on the Temple Mount is “a flagrant challenge to the Arab and Islamic nations and a violation of international laws.”

Both the Jordanian and Palestinian media referred to Jews “storming” the site.

“Over a thousand of Israeli settlers stormed al-Aqsa Mosque compound under armed security by the Israeli police on Sunday morning,” the Palestinian Maan news agency reported.

This is why Israel does not want to divide Jerusalem. On a Jewish holiday, Jews going to pray at their holy site is seen as provocation and if it was up to Jordan/Palestinians Jews would not be allowed to visit their religious site. Keep in mind when Jordan controled the eastern part of the city Jews were not allowed to pray at their holy sites (or enter the city).

428157-898x400.

Look at those evil "settlers" really desecrating the place. How horrible!. And I am sure that PA/Jordan knew that every single person there was from a settlement right? Or is that any Jew is consider a settler. I mean its probably possible that out of the 1400 people there some of them were tourists not even from Israel. But its more provocative to call them all "settlers" to make your point and paint Jews as praying as some horrible act.

And this is the group of people who were screaming racism and apartheid at the top of their lungs a few days ago but they can't stand Jews praying at their holy site.

Azurro

Banned
Two things:

1. For a few seconds I was thinking: "what the hell does Michael Jordan has against Jews?"

2. The picture is kind of weird, how come there are only guys? It's a religious thing, right?

Panda1

Banned
Well they do have a point, praying should be stickily controlled.....oh wait Muslims pray anywhere they want in Europe but how dare
Israelis
pray on their holy site!!!

parliament-square-477103.jpg
20110409_eup004.jpg
2F8953DC00000578-0-image-a-50_1450675089869.jpg

Gander

Banned
Keep in mind Jordan is ally of ours, a muslim country that we have had good relations with in the past. What has them so feisty now? I can't imagine.

which backs up my point even more
Your point doesn't make sense to me. Do you know if any of the Muslim in the pictures you provided would be against Israelis praying anywhere they want? Like I can't even understand how the picture in the first post is comparable to the ones you posted as you believe it to be. That is a very bold claim you are making.

Panda1

Banned
Your point doesn't make sense to me. Do you know if any of the Muslim in the pictures you provided would be against Israelis praying anywhere they want? Like I can't even understand how the picture in the first post is comparable to the ones you posted as you believe it to be. That is a very bold claim you are making.

Unlike you I am not taking sides! Either people can pray to their god or they cant. Muslims have every right to pray when they need to ask demanded by God himself - who I am to argue against a magical fairy I cant speak to. At the same time Jews should also be able to pray to their god when they want. Im all for people to talk to their fairies and spirits if that their religion. I dont k now why you are anti religion ?

Unlike you I am not taking sides! Either people can pray to their god or they cant. Muslims have every right to pray when they need to ask demanded by God himself - who I am to argue against a magical fairy I cant speak to. At the same time Jews should also be able to pray to their god when they want. Im all for people to talk to their fairies and spirits if that their religion. I dont k now why you are anti religion ?
I still don't understand how you came to the conclusion that those pictures of muslims you provided would be against jews praying out in the open. But okay.

Ka-Kui

People are overlooking that the article itself is mentioning about the settlers storming the actual mosque grounds .

The picture provided in the OP isn't showing this.

cryptoadam

Banned
People are overlooking that the article itself is mentioning about the settlers storming the actual mosque grounds .

The picture provided in the OP isn't showing this.

Jews sitting and praying is what they call "settlers" storming the mosque. They consider all 1400 Jews who attended "settlers" performing "talmudic rituals" which they say is against international law.

This type of stuff is always reported in arabic media.

Here is another time "settlers" stormed the mosque

Jews were actually arrested for praying.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/O...mple-Mount-on-Tisha-Be-av-two-arrested-563113

Fifteen religious Jews were detained at the Temple Mount and removed from the site Sunday morning for bowing down and praying during their visit at the holy place, as record numbers of visitors ascended the holy site to mark the fast of Tisha Be’av.

The police said in a statement that “15 Jews were removed from the Temple Mount for not observing the prohibitions of the government on demonstrative Jewish activity at the mount.”

Ten were removed for prostrating themselves at the site, three for singing the liturgical lamentations read on Tisha Be’av, one for shouting out the Shema Yisrael prayer, and one for not listening to police instructions regarding the allowed route for Jewish visitors.

While the High Court of Justice has upheld the right for Jews to pray at the Temple Mount, it has also ruled that the security services are permitted to take security considerations into account when deciding whether to allow non-Muslim prayer there. Israel Police therefore prohibit Jewish prayer for fear of sparking Muslim riots.

And I hold the Isralie government responsible as well for having to enforce these rules, but you can clearly see why they forbid Jews from the simple act of praying at their holy site because of the last bolded part.

Boss Mog

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, muslims in Europe go and illegally takeover streets, squares, parks to pray in what can only be seen as provocation and a show of force since islamic texts say muslims are free to pray in their homes.

Panda1

Banned
I still don't understand how you came to the conclusion that those pictures of muslims you provided would be against jews praying out in the open. But okay.

Wow what a leap of logic - I would assume they all support the right to pray and the people telling the Jews in the OP are an outlier and would not represent the typical Muslim who believes in being able to pray 5 times a day. If anyone should be supporting them it should be other Muslims.

Last edited:
Top Bottom