• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

The first time I played this, it took me around 50 minutes.

I'm not the best person to talk to about Journey. It's one of the most awful things I've ever finished. I know I know. What an unpopular opinion on the internet, but it's an opinion I stand with.

That's fine with me. I actually have said that I think Journey is incredibly overrated, I do think it's worth playing though because there are some moments that are really mesmerizing, and I like the idea of a free 60 fps upgrade

BraXzy

I have played the game, but not gotten that far. I really don't consider that a spoiler. The gif hasn't ruined anything for me. Your comment made it seem like something significant is about to happen though (still don't know what's going to happen, so nothing spoiled).

I haven't played it yet I was just making a point :L

Length: 1-3 hours?

Who's so slow at gaming that it takes them past an hour to beat this?

Finding all secrets / getting 100% trophies will take you that long.

Took me longer as I kept stopping to savour locations, and just played around with partners sliding in the sand and jumping around for far too long :D

Radec

Still not available for PSN NA crossbuy. :/

How does this work? Do I get something for owning this on PS3?

If you bought the game or downloaded it via PS+ last gen (PS3), you can download the PS4 version for free instead of paying $14.99.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Totally picking this up tonight, my girlfriend played it on PS3 but I never got round to it so we're gonna go through it together hopefully. Really looking forward to it.

Still not available for PSN NA crossbuy. :/

If you bought the game or downloaded it via PS+ last gen (PS3), you can download the PS4 version for free instead of paying $14.99.

It was never on PS+ but yes. If you own the PS3 version, go to the store, go to Journey, click on the Version button and select the Free option.

I'm playing it right now, it looks and runs amazingly.

Crispy75

I don't own a PS4, but seeing this thread inspired me to listed to the OST again, and now I'm a blubbering mess :D

Journey is sublime. It's up there with the best experiences I've ever had of art of all kinds. You lucky people who are playing for the first time - send the kids to grandma's, wait for your SO to go to bed, maybe have a beer or a puff, make sure you're sitting comfortably, put on headphones and just go with the flow of the game.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
go to the store on your pc (for crossbuy users) and download the free one.
than go to the download screen and select download to ps4.

Still using this RETARDED way to download cross buy games.
(minecraft was a total pain in the ass using this trick)

If i just download the ps4 version on my damn ps4 i will get charged 12 euro's

dutch psn store btw.

would be super duper swell when sony will finally get their shit together <3

Melchiah

T-minus 8 minutes.
T8w2bqOl.jpg

What does "Greatest Hits" mean? I know it was the equivalent of Platinum/The Best from Europe/Japan, but what does that have to do with Journey specifically?

Paasei

No idea why, but I skipped this game back on PS3. Now is a good time to finally get started with this.

Guess it's a very relaxing and soothing game you just start up every once in a while.

-Amon-

Can this game really be completed in 3hours? I want to savour and devour the atmosphere and feels so no rush playing it thru. Is 3 hours still enuff?

No, i don't think that if you indulge in the various areas exploring it will take you that time.

Well; this game makes the fan blow as hard as rocket league does while COD and TES are not making a sound at all. Very disappointing for a game you have to immerse yourself in.

grimmiq

Well...that was somewhat of a magical journey. I half regret not playing this when I first bought it on PS3, half glad I waited for PS4.

Thank you Wargamers0117, whole Journey with a single companion.

Liked this so much more than Fl0w and Flower.

docyoe

Beautiful game, one of my favourite ps3 games.......sadly this version has alot of bugs.
It crashed on me 3 times the last 20min.

bombshell

EU store mentions getting a PS4 theme.

Buy Journey from PlayStation®Store before 23:59 GMT on July 27 2015 to get an awesome theme for your PS4&#8482;

I just bought Journey for free using cross-buy, but don't think I got any theme. Did anyone get it, using cross-buy or not?

This is up on the UK Store. I've just 'bought' it again and set my PS4 to auto-download.

Guys, please take some beautiful shots and post them in the console screenshot thread :)

Out of interest, what's the best way to get the images in their highest quality - putting them on a USB stick? I normally post images to Twitter and then copy the URL.

Carl

I played it on PS3 and loved it. Don't usually replay a game just because it released on PS4 (even with cross-buy) but i'll replay this for sure. Can't wait.

Only played it once, at launch.

Still not available on the US PSN. Interestingly, it also says "This PSN game is expected to be available in 1 days on 7/22/2015" at the bottom of the screenshot below. I wonder what happened...

ps4-journeyeqs0j.png

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Cross-buy worked from Austria just now.
This is up on the UK Store. I've just 'bought' it again and set my PS4 to auto-download.

Out of interest, what's the best way to get the images in their highest quality - putting them on a USB stick? I normally post images to Twitter and then copy the URL.
No theme here either. Would have been nice since I rocked a Journey theme for the longest time on PS3.

Still not available on the US PSN. Interestingly, it also says "This PSN game is expected to be available in 1 days on 7/22/2015" at the bottom of the screenshot below. I wonder what happened...

ps4-journeyeqs0j.png
I pre-loaded from the US store and it still has a timer of 8 hours left, wonder if they messed up the timing.

jorgejjvr

Apparently you can't play the game until today at noon PT, it says so when you look up the game on psn. I think it was always there - 'available at noon 7/21'. Looking forward to playing it for the first time

bombshell

I got a static theme free (Australian store) with the PS4 version but the dynamic theme you have to pay for.

Dynamic theme looks way better than the static one.

Did it come with the purchase, or how did you get it? It didn't give me anything, DK store.

Top Bottom