• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
really? Everything I heard up to now was it requires PS+ for online.

can anyone confirm? I currently don't have PS+ but don't want to miss out on something on my first playthrough.

What do you mean, can anyone confirm this? I haven't got PS+ and just played with 8 players. Why would their word be any more valid than mine?

If you are the kind of gamer who is willing and able to be moved by artsy experience type games, then yes it's probably worth it. If you're a very mechanics focused gamer and think art games are boring and pretentious, then probably not. If you're somewhere in between or don't even know if you like this kind of thing... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Can I ask what makes this explicitly an art game? Also how can a game be pretentious?

Loudninja

Journey PlayStation Gear Store
Finally, we have a pretty cool surprise to share we’ve kept under wraps until now. Since Journey debuted in 2012, PlayStation fans worldwide have iconized the game through cosplay, artwork, and many other forms of fandom. Today we’re happy to open the online doors to the new Journey PlayStation Gear Store which has some incredible official merchandise, including the first ever Journey collectible statue:
http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/21/experience-journey-out-today-on-playstation-4/

Scrawnton

Super excited to play through this again tonight. I've only ever played through it once back when I first bought it. Such a brilliant game.

Just finished my first ever play through...holy crap! That game is freaking awesome! It's hard to even describe it, one of those things you just have to experience for yourself in my opinion.

For anyone sitting on the fence of whether to play through it by yourself for the first time, in my opinion absolutely not. I don't think it would have had the same effect on me if I had gone through the solo route. I received a friend request titled "Did you just finish Journey" with the guy I met on my journey...we both had the same experience by the looks of it!

*Image spoilered to save those on mobile*

Journey_zpszribmd0g.jpg

cackhyena

Feeling like an idiot. If I go to Journey on the PS4 console, it says I can't get it because I already own it ( bought it on PS3 back when), but it's not on my console now. If I go to the online store on my PC, it only gives me the option to buy that version.

Played it through... better than I expected. Total of 8 companions :) But damn! I missed two orbs/upgrades.. I can't figure out where! I guess I'll have to google it, because I was positive I searched every corner.

Number45

Feeling like an idiot. If I go to Journey on the PS4 console, it says I can't get it because I already own it ( bought it on PS3 back when), but it's not on my console now. If I go to the online store on my PC, it only gives me the option to buy that version.
Anything in your library on the PS4?

neoism

fuck me i just turned off my ps4 then remebered about it.... :/ need meh free version of journey its been a good while since ive played it last...

so what are the mean differences from ps3-ps4??? nm seen two posts up.. :p

cackhyena

Anything in your library on the PS4?

Nope, just checked that as well. I mean, it wouldn't just auto download without my say so anyway, right? I'd have to initiate it on the store. Haven't done anything like that. I just figured if I went to the store page, it would just have the option for me to dl the thing...

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781

can anyone confirm? I currently don't have PS+ but don't want to miss out on something on my first playthrough.

In Destiny you can see and interact with other players in your world even if you don't PS+. I can't see why this would require it.

Just finished my first ever play through...holy crap! That game is freaking awesome! It's hard to even describe it, one of those things you just have to experience for yourself in my opinion.

For anyone sitting on the fence of whether to play through it by yourself for the first time, in my opinion absolutely not. I don't think it would have had the same effect on me if I had gone through the solo route. I received a friend request titled "Did you just finish Journey" with the guy I met on my journey...we both had the same experience by the looks of it!

*Image spoilered to save those on mobile*

Journey_zpszribmd0g.jpg

Made a lot of friends the exact same way when I played the PS3 version. This game is really something else. It's just frustrating that I still can't get it on the US PSN.

mrdeiz

seems to be true, also heard it from a friend of mine

Played on PS3 and liked it for what it was, but never went back once I finished it. Will play on PS4 since it's crossbuy. It's hard to describe, but I bet it looks and plays awesome on PS4.

I didn't play it in one sitting (maybe two) because I didn't know how long it would be... or use headphones, because I normally only use headphones for late night gaming.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Never played the game finished it in 40 minutes.
i really like the game but i recommend it to play it via share play.

the gameplay is so well crafted. enjoyed every minute of it.

eFKac

Damn I'd love to see Journey with the lighting model from The Tomorrow's Children, realistic warm light on the sand, mmmm.

So how do I download it on PS4 if I've already bought it on PS3? When I go to the store page it says I can't download it because I already own it and there's no download prompt.

Edit: in the U.S. btw

Symphonia

Banned
For anyone sitting on the fence of whether to play through it by yourself for the first time, in my opinion absolutely not. I don't think it would have had the same effect on me if I had gone through the solo route.
Agreed.

I started off on my own, but met someone pretty quickly and we went through the entire journey (heh) together. It definitely was a unique bonding experience. I won't even lie, there's a part towards the end -
climbing up the mountain, dodging the icy winds, and evading that 'snake' boss
- where I was genuinely concerned for my companions well-being. Journey is definitely a game meant to be played co-op.

The game is still not available to me. It's there but there is no download button or anything just says it isn't available. I guess the US store still didn't update.

Number45

Nope, just checked that as well. I mean, it wouldn't just auto download without my say so anyway, right? I'd have to initiate it on the store. Haven't done anything like that. I just figured if I went to the store page, it would just have the option for me to dl the thing...
Once it's bought and available to download on the PS4 it's automatically in the library area, and it gives the option to download it from there. Still, there was a cross-buy issue in the EU that's apparently now been resolved so maybe the same will happen elsewhere?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Damn not able to find this on the ps store. I bought it originally on PS3 too, but it's saying it's unavailable for purchase. Don't see it in my library either.

Damn not able to find this on the ps store. I bought it originally on PS3 too, but it's saying it's unavailable for purchase. Don't see it in my library either.

I have the same problem, but I'm using the web store. It says I can't buy it because I already bought it, but I can't seem to download it.

Top Bottom