• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

Once it's bought and available to download on the PS4 it's automatically in the library area, and it gives the option to download it from there. Still, there was a cross-buy issue in the EU that's apparently now been resolved so maybe the same will happen elsewhere?

It has not been resolved for me, It appears as a chargeable purchase.

Now that people are playing this, you'll be able to confirm this for me. Do you need a PS+ account to be able to encounter other players?

Everyone in the U.S., SCEA isn't releasing this until noon, pacific. So if you previously bought this on PS3 and are looking for it on PS4, just wait.

1) we have deal with GCT for the PSN store update. 2) we have to wait for the PS4 rights to be added to our "download list".

Everyone in the U.S., SCEA isn't releasing this until noon, pacific. So if you previously bought this on PS3 and are looking for it on PS4, just wait.

1) we have deal with GCT for the PSN store update. 2) we have to wait for the PS4 rights to be added to our "download list".

Yeah, pretty much this. I'm fine with waiting. It's been great reading first timers reactions!

Wow this game is stunning. That sand tech is amazing. I've been waiting for this to hit ps4 for over a year and despite seeing tons of YouTube videos e.t.c the graphics are just so much nicer up close and on a big screen.

Definetely no ps+ required , after reading comments in here I almost caved and subscribed but decided to start solo. Was pleasantly surprised to see random dudes show up as I played .

After I didn't like flower I was worried this would be another artsy game I wouldn't enjoy but I'm so glad I jumped in. It's also making me want to go back and retry flower as I don't think I was in the right zen mood to appreciate it :)

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

Ahhh okay cool thanks for the info dude

Carl

Just finished with one person from beginning to end. Amazing, forgot just how touching and wonderful this game was. ThatGameCompany really did fantastic.

Bought the PS3 version digitally on my (old) European account. Now that I only play on my (new) US account. Am I right in assuming that I can play the crossbuy version for free on my US account as long as I set my PS4 as main console regarding my old EU account?

FranXico

Bought the PS3 version digitally on my (old) European account. Now that I only play on my (new) US account. Am I right in assuming that I can play the crossbuy version for free on my US account as long as I set my PS4 as main console regarding my old EU account?

That's correct, as long as the PS4 is the main console of your EU account, you can download it through that account, and any other account in your console can play it.

That's correct, as long as the PS4 is the main console of your EU account, you can download it through that account, and any other account in your console can play it.

Thanks. So glad to have the option to play the game again. I thought I sold my PS3 too early, but devs do a lot to prove me wrong.

Damn not able to find this on the ps store. I bought it originally on PS3 too, but it's saying it's unavailable for purchase. Don't see it in my library either.

It's not available for purchase cause you get it for free if you bought the ps3 version. When the store updates you will be able to download it.

Edit: Beaten like scrambled eggs.

Carl

So played through the whole game with a French guy :) Great thing about Journey is you can play through the whole thing, perfectly understanding someone despite them not speaking your language :)

He found me on twitter afterwards and said something very sweet - "#Journey is a small excellent experience. Not my gameoftheyear but it is rare that an unknown thank me for that moment on the PSN :)". Nice to see :)

Made a lot of friends the exact same way when I played the PS3 version. This game is really something else. It's just frustrating that I still can't get it on the US PSN.

Honestly couldn't agree more! I will get plenty of play throughs of this game! Hopefully it becomes available for you in the US soon enough!

Agreed.

I started off on my own, but met someone pretty quickly and we went through the entire journey (heh) together. It definitely was a unique bonding experience. I won't even lie, there's a part towards the end -
climbing up the mountain, dodging the icy winds, and evading that 'snake' boss
- where I was genuinely concerned for my companions well-being. Journey is definitely a game meant to be played co-op.

During that bit I kept walking up towards my companion
to try and see if I could warm him up or something, amazing considering he was literally just a stranger!

Wow this game is stunning. That sand tech is amazing. I've been waiting for this to hit ps4 for over a year and despite seeing tons of YouTube videos e.t.c the graphics are just so much nicer up close and on a big screen.

Definetely no ps+ required , after reading comments in here I almost caved and subscribed but decided to start solo. Was pleasantly surprised to see random dudes show up as I played .

After I didn't like flower I was worried this would be another artsy game I wouldn't enjoy but I'm so glad I jumped in. It's also making me want to go back and retry flower as I don't think I was in the right zen mood to appreciate it :)

This is good to know. I was about to buy a subscription today.

Kev Kev

Can't wait to play this tonight. Gonna shut the curtains, put on my headphones, spark up a J and lose myself in it. This will be my first time playing the game, and I've only ever seen the odd GIF here and there.

Gonna be great. :D

My complete, jealous envy of you right now is overwhelming. God I wish I could play this agin for the first time. Enjoy one of the best my friend. An experience like this gem only comes around once in a while. Let us know how it went! I love hearing first impressions of all the people who didn't play it last gen.

I forgot how great this game is. I only played it through once on PS3 as I didn't want to burn myself out on it and now I'm glad. It was like a new experience again. If you're one of the people that accompanied me on my PS4 Journey, thank you.

journey_zpsb64a1v1b.jpg

Just_Tank

Just an FYI, we are resolving the PSN store issue for PS3 owners who cannot download the PS4 version yet. It's simply a matter of the PSN store having not updated yet.

It should be resolved by this afternoon, thanks!

-Tank

Vire

Just an FYI, we are resolving the PSN store issue for PS3 owners who cannot download the PS4 version yet. It's simply a matter of the PSN store having not updated yet.

-Tank

Thank you very much Tank.

I bought it day one on PS3 and I'm greatly looking forward to replaying this amazing experience. I don't understand why Sony thinks it's a good idea to update the PSN store in the middle of the afternoon though.Why not do it at like 3 AM or something when everyone is asleep?

Cudder

-Tank

Any update if cross-buy users will be able to get the theme? Or is there any chance that US users will get the dynamic theme that's on the Euro store right now?

Thanks!

Acccent

you want to what now?

but why

I usually prefer games at 30fps and in this case I think it looks way better with a lower framerate... I'll probably still get it regardless anyway since the resolution boost is more important (+ want to support it) but yeah, I'd like to know

Footos22

I usually prefer games at 30fps and in this case I think it looks way better with a lower framerate... I'll probably still get it regardless anyway since the resolution boost is more important (+ want to support it) but yeah, I'd like to know

Well this is a first.

well, um, i dont think that's happening here. There's always the PS3 version if that's something you would like, or to play it on the vita and adjust the remote play to 30 fps.

Anyone know if you can play this at 30fps?

you want to what now?

but why

Well this is a first.

LOL no kidding. But to be honest, a game like this should be played at 60fps because of the environment.

MJBarret

Neo Member
Just paid €12 for a 2 hour experience...

...worth every cent and more!

Also, just noted that the What's New panel on my dashboard kept a little chronicle of my Journey. Maybe I've just never noticed, but I can't recall any other game doing that. Felt another tug at my cold, dead heartstrings when I saw it!

Just_Tank

Any update if cross-buy users will be able to get the theme? Or is there any chance that US users will get the dynamic theme that's on the Euro store right now?

Thanks!

No update yet, but we're heavily looking into it. It's not typical or expected for a PS4 pre-order item to be made available for PS3 cross-buy players, HOWEVER, it's completely understandable and reasonable why it would be expected.

We're doing everything we can to see what is possible. Thanks again for the patience with us.

Just paid €12 for a 2 hour experience...

...worth every cent and more!

Also, just noted that the What's New panel on my dashboard kept a little chronicle of my Journey. Maybe I've just never noticed, but I can't recall any other game doing that. Felt another tug at my cold, dead heartstrings when I saw it!

Not all games use "What's New" but when one of them does and gets it right, it's amazing.

No update yet, but we're heavily looking into it. It's not typical or expected for a PS4 pre-order item to be made available for PS3 cross-buy players, HOWEVER, it's completely understandable and reasonable why it would be expected.

We're doing everything we can to see what is possible. Thanks again for the patience with us.

Just put the theme on the store for free for everyone ;)

I'm pretty sure the pre-order theme is "static" while the "dynamic" theme will be available for purchase by anyone in the U.S.

We just have to wait for US PSN update and who knows when that'll be complete cause... you know...

3jeky.gif

Ferr986

Ahh, I don't know what to do. Not sure if I should buy this or not (never played it).

Also, people recommend beating it in one sitting? I may have to hold it to Friday if that's so.

Ahh, I don't know what to do. Not sure if I should buy this or not (never played it).

Also, people recommend beating it in one sitting? I may have to hold it to Friday if that's so.

Yes.

And yes. It's wonderful in any case, but a single session is just wonderful.

S1kkZ

something is wrong: the game crashed on me 8 times in a row (second area).
where you activate the red bridges
:(

Symphonia

Banned
During that bit I kept walking up towards my companion
to try and see if I could warm him up or something, amazing considering he was literally just a stranger!
Right!?

My companion got spotted twice by the giant snake and was attacked. I just watched in horror as it smashed into him. I ran over to him all panicky to check on him, see if there was something I could do. There's a little alcove on the mountain with a fire - we huddled for a minute or two in there. So sweet
. Journey is such a calming game.

Top Bottom