• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

wouwie

Just played a little bit of the beginning again (will replay the whole game in the coming days, maybe tonight). The game still looks visually stunning and it feels awesome to be back in this fantastic world.

I'm so happy this game (and Flower) got re-released for PS4.

ramyeon

Also, I got my ps4 theme, but I got it as early as last week, when I pre-ordered. I think it was a pre order bonus
The Australian store says you get it as long as you purchase before the 27th, EU store is the same I think. We weren't able to preorder.

Psykotik

my second playthrough of journey. first was on ps3. still a great game.

X51b.jpg

Nice. That's the only trophy I didnt get on PS3, playing throuigh the whole game with the same person.

Shame there was no way of playing with a friend, or is there now?

Gazkapop

Really looking forward to playing this for the first time after hearing all of the praise it's received.

Since the soundtrack is supposedly so good, I don't suppose anyone has any recommended EQ settings for this game on the Sony gold headset app that would enhance the experience?

ramyeon

@Ramyeon

What was your favourite part of the game if I may ask ? Any one special moment that stood out ?
There were a lot, I'm actually keen to try it out again soon.

I really liked sliding down the sands as the sun set and then the camera panned sideways to show the view outside with the glistening sand inside. It was just so well framed and such a pleasant moment.

The whole snow area was really memorable too. Like I said in an earlier post it felt really appropriately long and arduous, it was really heartbreaking when your character's pace slows down towards the end before they collapse.

And then I really enjoyed riding on the backs of those large ray-like creatures in the last area.

It's hard to pick out specific moments because it all just came together so well as a package.

I would definitely like to try it out again and play through with someone, I'm sure it'll be a different and interesting experience.

mcz117chief

There were a lot, I'm actually keen to try it out again soon.

I really liked sliding down the sands as the sun set and then the camera panned sideways to show the view outside with the glistening sand inside. It was just so well framed and such a pleasant moment.

The whole snow area was really memorable too. Like I said in an earlier post it felt really appropriately long and arduous, it was really heartbreaking when your character's pace slows down towards the end before they collapse.

And then I really enjoyed riding on the backs of those large ray-like creatures in the last area.

It's hard to pick out specific moments because it all just came together so well as a package.

I would definitely like to try it out again and play through with someone, I'm sure it'll be a different and interesting experience.

what about when you
uncovered the world map and saw your travels? That would be my favourite moment especially when you can see your companions on that map.

MrMuscle

what about when you
uncovered the world map and saw your travels? That would be my favourite moment especially when you can see your companions on that map.

Wait what? How? I must have played thru that game 20 times without knowing such a thing existed.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
I got a static theme free (Australian store) with the PS4 version but the dynamic theme you have to pay for.

Dynamic theme looks way better than the static one.

Yep, pretty disappointing that we're only going to get the static theme which isn't really anything special. Just a stock photo.

Edit: Nonetheless: can't wait to play it today! First time for me

Jigolo

My favorite part (although) there are many great parts is probably the popular opinion.
Sunset drifting
. Playing that opart for the first time was astonishing

Number45

Just got it from the UK, how do you get the theme? it's not in my download list.
I don't think we have confirmation that the theme comes free with the cross-buy version of the game yet. I'll wait to see what they say, and buy it anyway - looks beautiful and a colour scheme that won't melt my eyes and ruin the contrast of the UI.

barit

Can't wait to finally come home from work and downloading this beauty to play it again but now with my new Gold Headsets 2.0 for massiv immersion. And in 1080p and 60fps (right?). This gonna be gud

inki

Been waiting VERY patiently for this game to come out on PS4 (missed it last gen). Really looking forward to getting home and immersing myself in this game. Can't Wait!

eFKac

Haha first launch and the game hard crashed on me even before the main menu, shut down the console as well.

Hopefully second time will be better :-D

McFadge

Wait what? How? I must have played thru that game 20 times without knowing such a thing existed.

I think he's talking about the cutscene in the room just before you enter the snowy area that has the panoramic engravings of your journey through the various environments. If you travel through an area with a companion you the engraving reflects that.

Wait this is crossbuy? My PS3 account was phished and I could not recover it. . Dang, didn't finish this game so I'm happy to give it another go. Have to hold off on it now though since money is too tight

Wasp

Beautiful game, one of my favourite ps3 games.......sadly this version has alot of bugs.
It crashed on me 3 times the last 20min.
The game crashed on me twice in 30 minutes.

Next time I'll try playing offline to see if that helps.

Nozem

Wait this is crossbuy? My PS3 account was phished and I could not recover it. . Dang, didn't finish this game so I'm happy to give it another go. Have to hold off on it now though since money is too tight

Yes it is crossbuy. I just downloaded it for free.

vladdamad

So do I need PS Plus to play this online? This is probably one of my favourite games of all time, and seeming as I just bought Killzone Shadow Fall which I will definitely be playing online I think I'll start paying for PS Plus so I can experience the game with a companion again.

Anyone in the US still having issues trying to download remotely to your PS4 via web browser? the Playstation Store is telling that the game is not available for purchase because I bought it already (on PS3).

ced

Ugh, this is the one game where a crash would totally ruin the experience if your doing a one session play.

Mabufu

Banned
Looks stunning as ever. Resolution and fps improvement are totally worth it. And with headphones, this is gonna be... truly amazing.

Anyone in the US still having issues trying to download remotely to your PS4 via web browser? the Playstation Store is telling that the game is not available for purchase because I bought it already (on PS3).

Yeah same, and it's nowhere in my download history, not that it would be. Guess I'll have to wait ti I get home to start downloading.

Symphonia

Banned
I just finished my playthrough.

What an absolutely breathtaking game. Wait, to call it a 'game' is an insult to the work thatgamecompany put in to it. It's not a game, it's an absolute masterpiece. Everything about Journey is just so damn perfect. The visual style, the sounds and music, the gameplay - it all just flows so seamlessly together. I cannot believe I waited until now to play it. Though playing this at 1080p at 60FPS is the best way to play Journey without a doubt.

Can't wait to play this tonight. Gonna shut the curtains, put on my headphones, spark up a J and lose myself in it. This will be my first time playing the game, and I've only ever seen the odd GIF here and there.

Gonna be great. :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

You have to wait for Grace Chen to update the store.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Never played the game . Is it really worth 11.99 for only being a 2 - 3 hour game ?

If you are the kind of gamer who is willing and able to be moved by artsy experience type games, then yes it's probably worth it. If you're a very mechanics focused gamer and think art games are boring and pretentious, then probably not. If you're somewhere in between or don't even know if you like this kind of thing... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom