• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PSN) - thatgamecompany's new game!!! (Game Releases in Spring 2012)

jiggle said:
maybe it's not too late for that? :<

I hope that hooved demon from Paranormal Activity visits everyone responsible for the lack of Last Guardian at the Sony conference while they sleep tonight.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm seriously going crazy just thinking about this game. I'm thinking about this constantly and that' from a couple of screens...
I need to know more about this game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm sure this didnt get conference time because it's not ready to be viewed in motion just yet. But some kind of mention would have been cool.

jett

D-Member
SolidusDave said:
Of course showing 10 minutes of an EA golf game was more important than mentioning this with a single word.

FFS Sony

It's probably part of a deal between Sony and EA. "Okay, we put free exclusive shit on the PS3 version of Dead Space but you let us peddle our crap on your conference!"

...I can't think of any other reason!

GhaleonQ

Good for those who like it. They have yet to win me over with a concept and I wish they'd put themes into their games instead of just gameplay. Good luck, and I'm glad people are drawn from blockbusters to stuff like this

StuBurns

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
Good for those who like it. They have yet to win me over with a concept and I wish they'd put themes into their games instead of just gameplay. Good luck, and I'm glad people are drawn from blockbusters to stuff like this
This is a joke is it not?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
-DarKaoZ- said:
Virtua Fighter 5 R already did Dynamic Sand, nothing new here.
Wasn't that just like their snow deformation? From the sounds of it, this isn't going to be anything as simple as that, more like landscape changing sand sliding and accumulation based on wind physics etc. as well as your actions.

GhaleonQ said:

If "vast desert land", "ancient civilization" and "journey" doesnt spell themes, then I dont know what does.

I've been so tired of gaming lately. Through this whole E3 I couldn't help but to feel "meh I have played this game before", TGC really excels at creating new unique experiences.

Day 1

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
thatgamecompany, please, take my moneys.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wow I can't believe they didn't show this in the presser. All Sony had to say is "BTW here's a new game from the makers of fl0w and Flower" and we would've shat bricks.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Lord Error said:
Wasn't that just like their snow deformation? From the sounds of it, this isn't going to be anything as simple as that, more like landscape changing sand sliding and accumulation based on wind physics etc. as well as your actions.

Nah, the snow deformation is different. The sand moves more in the game, more like a mix between their water and snow deformation. For what I have seen, still it looks impressive.

But for what it look like JOURNEY will be more about "Random generated map" deal, like the sand will change every time you play the game, but I doubt the user aka you will have a huge impact on it, like when you walk etc. In VF5R the sand moves everytime you move, so that is kinda cool.

Well still curious how Journey will end up implementing the sand in the game, specially in a huge landscape.

Seriously this is ridiculous. These are the kind of games that differentiate Sony from it's competitors... these kind of games should be highlighted... even if all they showed was a few screenshots with a short desciption and some nice music it would have been great. Unique games like these are the soul of PlayStation. Not to mention where was The Last Guardian and Motorstorm 3. Even though e3 2005 was mostly smoke and mirrors it was awesome how they bombarded you with wicked trailer after wicked trailer leaving you exhausted but excited... way too much bullshit in this conference... No one cares about strategic deals with coke.... waaaaaaaaaaay to corporate..... it's all about games... it's all about fun, and creativity. grumble.

*awkwardly falls through soapbox*

Top Bottom