• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP: new Splatoon Wii U Bundle (+C&M amiibo), Squid Sisters Live CD, Sheldon's PicksV2

TheMoon

As part of Splatoon's first anniversary, a bunch of new news dropped from the upside down sea which some also refer to as the sky.

4nhxt0.png

Splatoon Wii U (32GB white premium) bundle comes with the game preinstalled and both the Callie and Marie amiibo. Out on July 7th for 39 960 Yen.

##########

1gqof1.jpg

There'll be a Squid Sisters Live Album out on July 13. (2 700 Yen)

The album also includes the demo version of High-Color Sinker / City of Color, from the Splatune CD (original soundtrack). It will also come with a booklet, label, and jacket designed by the development team, featuring exclusive artworks drawn by Seita Inoue.

##################

Additionally, Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2 will come to Splatoon on June 8. Details in the next few days.

more detail @ http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/s...announced-japan-1st-anniversary-illustration/
&
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/s...unced-sheldons-picks-vol-2-coming-next-month/

NEO0MJ

I wonder if the team ever expected the sisters to be so popular.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get a playable role in the sequel.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The guys behind Splatoon must feel so gangster when they walk into the Nintendo offices everyday.

Meanwhile, in the broom cupboard under the stairs, the Chibi Robo team cry.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
A year's gone by and it's still fresh. 👍

TheMoon

Is it me or the price keep increasing ?

you missed the part where it comes with two amiibo plus the usual game.^^

compage: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B012RDUK16/
35k yen

The guys behind Splatoon must feel so gangster when they walk into the Nintendo offices everyday.

Meanwhile, in the broom cupboard under the stairs, the Chibi Robo team cry.

Since that's a different studio (Skip Ltd), they don't even walk into the same building :p

yo, see above...

The Wii U came out in 2012 and is getting replaced in 11 months, Splatoon came out a year ago, and the amiibo are also old. Nintendo just adds random cheap stuff with every bundle to keep the price high. Do you imagine something like this happening with the PS4 or Xbox One? Of course not. Nintendo has given zero fucks about increasing the install base for a long while now in favor of making as much profit from them as possible. They know new bundles will cause a spike in sales regardless of how bad of a deal they are. It would be insane for any non-bomb system to offer such a poor deal this late in its lifespan.

Orgen

With a 800.000 units prediction (for Wii U HW sales the whole year worldwide) and having shortages right now in Japan I suppose this bundle will be pretty limited. We'll see in M-C threads! :D

SalvaPot

The Wii U came out in 2012 and is getting replaced in 11 months, Splatoon came out a year ago, and the amiibo are also old. Nintendo just adds random cheap stuff with every bundle to keep the price high. Do you imagine something like this happening with the PS4 or Xbox One? Of course not. Nintendo has given zero fucks about increasing the install base for a long while now in favor of making as much profit from them as possible. They know new bundles will cause a spike in sales regardless of how bad of a deal they are. It would be insane for any non-bomb system to offer such a poor deal this late in its lifespan.

What are you talking about? There was a Deal Bundle with the Smash 4/Splatoon Dual Pack with the idea to sell and that sold decently enough on the holidays.

Also, are you seriously suggesting Nintendo SHOULD NOT make a profit? Really? This bundle is made for collectors or people looking for a nice gift to give to their kids.

Also, X1 and PS4 also have bundles with random crap added to it, come on now, there is nothing wrong with that.

If its such a poor deal as you say, then why even bother releasing it?

What are you talking about? There was a Deal Bundle with the Smash 4/Splatoon Dual Pack with the idea to sell and that sold decently enough on the holidays.

Also, are you seriously suggesting Nintendo SHOULD NOT make a profit? Really? This bundle is made for collectors or people looking for a nice gift to give to their kids.

Also, X1 and PS4 also have bundles with random crap added to it, come on now, there is nothing wrong with that.

If its such a poor deal as you say, then why even bother releasing it?
Well Nintendo does have incentives and reasons to sell their products at premium prices.

However, i think this bundle is not a collector's item. The console itself is a normal model and most of the extras can be had in other ways.

SalvaPot

Well Nintendo does have incentives and reasons to make their products Premium.

However, i think this bundle is not a collector's item. The console itself is a normal model and most of the extras can be had in other ways.

I agree, that is why I said that it would make a nice gift for kids, since I bet that is what they are aiming for. But the added stuff is aimed at a few collectors.

Turrican3

I'm still pissed we didn't get the 32GB white system in the West. :-\

However, maybe not the best deal but I obviously understand why they're making it. Such an unexpected, massively successful (considering the platform it was released on) new IP.

Katsuragi

More Squid Sisters music is always a good thing, especially since the CD includes the two solo songs that they performed at the 2nd concert.

Sandfox

Those Amiibo are actually new and release the same day as the bundle.

BKSmash

True. Inklings could have a gun based moveset and the sisters could have a rhythm based moveset.
RIP Chorus Men

If the Squid Sisters can get in based on their dancing and singing, but Waluigi can't.. This is a cruel world indeed.

jackie-chan-illuminati.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If this comes to Europe I'd be so tempted to not wait for the NX reveal.

Maybe something like 2 years ago, given the system specs and featues, i would agree.

However, i think the value of the Wii U has increased. For better or worse, the system remains unqiue in terms of interface and software in relation to the closest competitors. And it actually features exclusives.

The recently released Nintendo Selects further increased the value. These games are among the best of the best in it's respective genres. Having something like Pikmin 3 for 20 is surprising for a Nintendo first party title.

Things like the unique features of the device and the software proposition, i think counter balance the relatively high price of entry.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
40k yen - damn that Nintendo tax. The most expensive bomba console yet.

Not bad Nintendo...not bad.

test_account

XP-39C²
I guess you can say that the price of the WiiU has increased if this is the only model available, and it was possible to buy another model cheaper before.

ZeroXZee

Weird, the Wii U is in a constant "shortage" in Japan, and then they release a new bundle!? Makes me wonder if Nintendo hold some consoles on purpose to ensure a good number of Splatoon bundles...

Blues1990

At this rate we'll probably see the sisters in Smash as opposed to a generic Inkling.

I'm actually expecting Callie & Marie being regulated to the Smash Trophy item, while the Inkling being a playable fighter in the next Smash Bros. installment.

Top Bottom