• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP News 9/15 -- Please insert Blu-Ray Disc 1 and get ready to insert more UMDs, kay

zurra

john tv said:
E/J audio, E/J/F/I/G/S text.
ALL text? not just the cutscenes...? the battles and menus and whatnot in the scans had japanese text for those parts but english in cutscenes. just want to get the facts straight...

Diagol

john tv said:
E/J audio, E/J/F/I/G/S text.

Wow!

If this is the case, I don't see why they won't/shouldn't release it here. They already have all the text translated (in multiple languages no less) so all they would have to do is literally just bring it over.

Darkpen

Banned
john tv said:
I can't speak for the gameplay since the game is not done but I will say Nier has a very interesting setting and characters. This is not your traditional J-animu bullshit, for sure.
I didn't really follow this thread outside of my initial post, but then I read about Kaine when that one GAF thread linked to Sankaku Complex, and its really piqued my interest:

A female warrior and partner of Nier, she was part-possessed in a demonic attack, and became a hermaphrodite (futanari).

As a result she was bullied from an early age, and out of resentment came to emphasise her female characteristics excessively through her choice of clothing. However, her demeanour, attitude and speech are extremely rough and masculine.

You can't tell me that that doesn't sound conceptually awesome, making room for some really incredibly and relatively untouched character development space in the mainstream videogame storytelling space. I really want to see this game now, just to see how they elaborate her story. Definitely looking forward to Nier now.

jiggle said:
noice

hopefully it'll get US release still, import price sux
Square Enix has released so many ports/remakes stateside before, I say there's a 98% chance we'll get it (SO4 has no only on Xbox 360 stamp anywhere, unlike ToV, although that doesn't always mean anything). Gamefly listing it (like a few Eternal Sonata U.S. PS3 leaks) make it seem like a guarantee.

Top Bottom