• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP News 9/15 -- Please insert Blu-Ray Disc 1 and get ready to insert more UMDs, kay

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So I am kinda confused

this stupid screen

nier05.jpg

is from NieR Replicant and not Gestalt? ( since the same girl in famitsu's scans is in here )

did SE released wrong screen of wrong game last week ?
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090910_314585.html

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
expy said:
Maybe it's the same story overall, you just play the game from another character's perspective?

dunno , information tell nothing :/

but it look like it was a "first look" to the Replicant girl in famitsu scans , so my guess is that they released that Replicant screen with the girl by mistake .

Totobeni said:
but it look like it was a "first look" to the Replicant girl in famitsu scans , so my guess is that they released that Replicant screen with the girl by mistake .
No, the "girl" is in both games. The male counterpart is what's different. Plus, possibly, some other aspects, though what is unconfirmed (and duckroll thinks very little).

As for people asking if it's realtime...this is made by cavia. It's going to look bad (which you can pretty much tell already by tearing your gaze away from the hermaphrodite's ass and focusing on the blobby, incoherent enemy).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
SO4 was awesome, and the biggest problem I had with it on the 360 (the frequent disk-swapping) will be fixed on PS3... If it comes out in the US, I will double dip, more so if they add new content...

wsippel

Banned
Liabe Brave said:
No, the "girl" is in both games. The male counterpart is what's different. Plus, possibly, some other aspects, though what is unconfirmed (and duckroll thinks very little).

As for people asking if it's realtime...this is made by cavia. It's going to look bad (which you can pretty much tell already by tearing your gaze away from the hermaphrodite's ass and focusing on the blobby, incoherent enemy).
Darkside Chronicles looks pretty good as far as I can tell. But I guess the lowered standards when it comes to Wii graphics work in Cavias favor...

Cavia fucking rules btw. I mean sure you can count the number of good games they've made on one hand but they all have this quality(or lack thereof) that just makes them so damn neat.

Not paying 59.99 for Nier though. S/E is crazy if they think they can pull that pricetag off.

EXGN

Nier sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. Or a train wreck that already happened, but you just can't stop watching it. Or a train wreck that happened and you want to look away but someone is forcing you to look at it.

Definitely one of those three.

EXGN said:
Nier sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. Or a train wreck that already happened, but you just can't stop watching it. Or a train wreck that happened and you want to look away but someone is forcing you to look at it.

Definitely one of those three.

A trainwreck in both concept and execution. Looks to be one of the dumbest titles SE's ever published.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's a shame the PS3 port of SO4 probably won't solve any of the technical problems. The 360 version was pretty messy in that regard (poor framerates on the field map, terrible image quality in battle, tons of shimmering, and various other issues).

Aru

dark10x said:
It's a shame the PS3 port of SO4 probably won't solve any of the technical problems. The 360 version was pretty messy in that regard (poor framerates on the field map, terrible image quality in battle, tons of shimmering, and various other issues).

Poor framerate ? Did you install the game on the HDD ? I barely had any frame drop during my 20 hours of playing. Only a few during battles when doing crazy combos, but rarely.
I noticed frame drops when I installed the game so I erased the data.

The resolution of the battles may be lower, but I thought it wasn't THAT bad. I noticed it was a bit less detailed and the ground textures are awful. But the rest is good.

john tv

I can't speak for the gameplay since the game is not done but I will say Nier has a very interesting setting and characters. This is not your traditional J-animu bullshit, for sure.

Nolan.

Such bullshit they port SO4 and gives up on TLR which by the looks of it is more worthy of porting, ah oh well.

vital

Banned
john tv said:
I can't speak for the gameplay since the game is not done but I will say Nier has a very interesting setting and characters. This is not your traditional J-animu bullshit, for sure.

Kainé has piqued my interest in this game.

Nolan. said:
Such bullshit they port SO4 and gives up on TLR which by the looks of it is more worthy of porting, ah oh well.

It's not more worthy from Square's perspective. TLR didn't get reviewed well on either platform that it was released on and it didn't sell well either. SO4 sold better and was reviewed higherr. That's definitely the better option.

Amalthea

Banned
MCD said:
A hermaphrodite is really nothing compared to Drakengard characters.

Let's not forget Morpheus Duvall from RE: Dead Aim. :D
(I hope Cavia will put as much of their fucked up ideas in RE: DSC as possible.)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
njean777 said:
good thing to know that ps3 owners may finally get SO4. Its a good rpg even if the va is horrible.
Not that it was trash but it was definitely the most disappointing one I've played so far. Only in small part due to technical issues. Hope this new version improves it a little.

Rpgmonkey

I don't know what to think of Nier...

MelloBoy said:
hate to inform you that the JP VAs are just as bad....
actually, let me rephrase that. Some of the JP VAs are top caliber VAs. The scripting and subsequent performance (sound director issue?) are just as horrible as the western version.

Not all the Western VAs are random hacks picked up off the street either. Some of them are quite nice (or at least not actually bad/annoying) in other games.

I think the writing and direction is just genuinely terrible in SO4, and the VAs can only do so much to make some of the characters in that game not sound annoying or bad and still remain in character.

Awntawn

Blood and violence, lots of it! Ameriken rike that! Controversial sexuality issue! Yes! Very much Ameriken rike! Put that in!

And FUCK! Yes, Ameriken rike say FUCK a lot! Make sure have say a lots of FUCK! SHIT! BASTARD! YAY, we make game for AMERIKEN!

jiggle

does the SO scans mention what other updates it'll have?
language and menu change doesn't sound like enough to pass 25% quota :X

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
john tv said:

8-4 localization confirmed

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
i just want to know if SO4 will also have english text, and not just english audio option. we still haven't heard anything about a US release. :(

So it seems.

john tv

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
i just want to know if SO4 will also have english text, and not just english audio option. we still haven't heard anything about a US release. :(
E/J audio, E/J/F/I/G/S text.

john tv

I should clarify -- I'm assuming the Euro 360 version had E/F/I/G/S text? Basically the PS3 one has all versions of voices and text ever made in one disc. Can also switch between the two menu styles, for everyone who was whining about the (ahem, far superior) US menus. :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
john tv said:
I should clarify -- I'm assuming the Euro 360 version had E/F/I/G/S text? Basically the PS3 one has all versions of voices and text ever made in one disc. Can also switch between the two menu styles, for everyone who was whining about the (ahem, far superior) US menus. :)

It seemed that way from the scan images :eek: Nice to know that you can switch.

Top Bottom