• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP News 9/15 -- Please insert Blu-Ray Disc 1 and get ready to insert more UMDs, kay

eggandI

Banned
gofreak said:
I hope the PS3 version is upgraded to 'no voice acting'.

That won't make the game any less cringe inducing. :D

edit- ok maybe it will that voice acting was pretty bad. jRPGs should introduce a feature which lets you skip the entire story and just leave the actual gameplay portions. That would do wonders.

test_account

XP-39C²
Peff said:
Ah ok (or maybe i shall say "ah 'kay" instead? Hehe :)). Thanks for the info! :) I havnt played Star Ocean 4 myself yet and i havnt really read too much about the game or seen too many movie clips from the game, so i didnt know about this "kay" part in the game before now :)

Aru

gofreak said:

IIRC you can turn the VA off in the 360 version.
The japanese VA will be on the PS3 version so you may change to that if you don't like the english VA (which was a bit bad at the beginning but okay afterwards. It depends of the character. Welch is annoying !).

Peff

test_account said:
Ah ok (or maybe i shall say "ah 'kay" instead? Hehe :)). Thanks for the info! :) I havnt played Star Ocean 4 myself yet and i havnt really read too much about the game or seen too many movie clips from the game, so i didnt know about this "kay" part in the game before now :)

It's 'kay :D As you can see many people wish they could say the same right now :lol Though to be honest I didn't find her to be the most annoying character in the game.

eggandI said:
That won't make the game any less cringe inducing. :D

edit- ok maybe it will that voice acting was pretty bad. jRPGs should introduce a feature which lets you skip the entire story and just leave the actual gameplay portions. That would do wonders.
SO3 had that (and 4 too I guess?), it was called Event Skip and it was glorious.

Aru

Peff said:
It's 'kay :D As you can see many people wish they could say the same right now :lol Though to be honest I didn't find her to be the most annoying character in the game.

That would be Welch.

Danne-Danger said:
SO3 had that (and 4 too I guess?), it was called Event Skip and it was glorious.

Yes you can skip cutscenes.

imail

Neo Member
Peff said:

Lymle was the most annoying character in video games. {Spoiler Alert}
I played through the whole game hoping she was eventually going to die. But unfortunately this wasn't the case :/

Hell, I don't remember hating any character in a game that much. Not to mention that girl with glasses in the ship. Or Sarah the one with wings. THEY WERE SO ANNOYING I HAD TO MUTE MY TV.

I finished the game only because it's a JRPG. I guess PS2 can render better battle grounds.

Played it once and I'll never ever play again.

If Resonance of Fate (End of Eternity) blow up to be another flop, Tri-Ace will be history for me.

Sipowicz

Banned
gofreak said:

that's one of the reasons i prefer ds rpgs

none of that bullshit

edit: except suikoden.theymanagedtofiteverythingoncartridgebytalkingreallyfastlikethis

Sipowicz

Banned
my god last ranker looks stunning

capcom are really rocking handhelds lately. all this after consistently being the best third party on every console

im a bit confused though. if it's only one player why are there 3 characters? are 2 of them baddies?

duckroll

NieR Replicant is so lol. Nier's partner in the game is a girl who uses two swords. Her name is Kaine. Her distinguishing features are that she wears very little clothing, has big boobs, and a tight ass. This is highlighted by the fact that the artwork and the event scene screens like to show off her ass in posed positions. The tagline for the game is EROTICISM AND VIOLENCE! Man, I'm already convinced this is exactly the same game as the 360 one, since this is the same selling point they made at E3 and Gamescom! :lol

duckroll said:
NieR Replicant is so lol. Nier's partner in the game is a girl who uses two swords. Her name is Kaine. Her distinguishing features are that she wears very little clothing, has big boobs, and a tight ass. This is highlighted by the fact that the artwork and the event scene screens like to show off her ass in posed positions. The tagline for the game is EROTICISM AND VIOLENCE! Man, I'm already convinced this is exactly the same game as the 360 one, since this is the same selling point they made at E3 and Gamescom! :lol

:lol Sounds like X-Blades. *gag*

dablemont

Banned
So there will be a SO4 int. for the PS3 heh? If it ever come here, I might pick it up.

wait, I just remembered the living hell it was to beat wandering dungeon e the first 7 hours I lost of my life doing that for nothing in the first time. Nope, thanks! :lol

duckroll

Okay, I'm pretty certain that NieR Gestalt and NieR Replicant are exactly the same game, no matter what S-E wants the Japanese audience to believe. The only difference between the two games that I can tell so far is that in Gestalt it is a father seeking a cure for his daughter, and in Replicant it is a brother trying to save his sister. In both games, Nier is the main character and Kaine is his female partner. The differences generally lie in the artwork itself, while the 3D models actually look similar. I bet aside from event scenes and maybe a boss or two, the bulk of the stages, gameplay, etc will be identical.

Llyranor

Oh, man, SO4.

Everything everything EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERTHING

hahahhshhahhahahhahhahagdhashhahahshah

Game has an enjoyable combat system, though not that deep, I'll give it that. Actually, being able to change targets would be a big improvement for the PS3 version.

eggandI

Banned
Last Ranker has got me interested now.

Features sound very interesting. BoF artist :D, and it's on the psp. Have to hear more about the gameplay before anything really.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is lymle meant to be autistic, or is that some sort of side effect of the horrid VA?

MechaX

Gundam vs Gundam Next on PSP is not too bad. Especially with the 00 Raiser and Reborns.

SO4 on PS3? Eh... At least this time I'll know well in advance that the story is barely short of Mystery Science Theater quality, so I'll be able to psychologically adjust accordingly. I'm at least glad that they'll implement some form of targeting and this time I'll be able to fucking finish the optional content (the disc switching did me in halfway through my Item Creation frenzy).

But yeah, Sony has been on fire lately.

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Did you deliberately leave out the part where it says Kaine is a hermaphrodite?

HiResDes

eggandI said:
Last Ranker has got me interested now.

Features sound very interesting. BoF artist :D, and it's on the psp. Have to hear more about the gameplay before anything really.
Oh so it's not a spin off of Last Remnant, aww shucks!

MelloBoy

Neo Member
hteng said:
hopefully the JP VA is less... err... annoying

hate to inform you that the JP VAs are just as bad....
actually, let me rephrase that. Some of the JP VAs are top caliber VAs. The scripting and subsequent performance (sound director issue?) are just as horrible as the western version.

Top Bottom