• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP News 9/15 -- Please insert Blu-Ray Disc 1 and get ready to insert more UMDs, kay

onken

SO4 was only a matter of time, but Feb release is a touch earlier than I expected. Sucks about Gundam, though.

Aru

B.K. said:
I never played the 360 version. Can you not change targets in battle?

No, you can't. It's fully automatic. There may be some weird way to change it, but I couldn't figure it out for the moment.

SmokyDave

I thought the topic title meant they'd announced some sort of legacy solution for PSP Go :(

It's early where I am and I've just started work, that's my excuse.

EXGN said:
So how many 360 exclusives have ended up just being timed ones this year?

-TOV
-SO4
-NG2
-Braid
-Castle Crashers

... am I missing anything?

You missed bunches like Oblivion, Bioshock, Orange Box, but what's the point?

I wonder if Square can beat their own record low rendering resolution with Star Ocean 4 on the PS3.

The 360 version rendered at 882x496 during battles. :lol :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
brain_stew said:
I wonder if Square can beat their own record low rendering resolution with Star Ocean 4 on the PS3.

The 360 version rendered at 882x496 during battles. :lol :lol

maybe it will be 1280x720

oh who am i kidding.

Looks like Konami put an ad inside Pawapuro Portable 4 PSP announcing Pawapuro Success Legends PSP.

Back to Famitsu, Square-Enix is a cold bitch, hiding everything for PS3 until they have FF13 dated. Now the flood gates open (and quickly close just you wait).

What a week for PSP though:
- Gundam vs Gundam NEXT PLUS
- Tokimeki Memorial 4
- Last Ranker
- Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida 3D
- Pawapuro Success Legends
Although we could say they just pissed PS3 fans, ADV fans, Niinou fans, Namaikida fans and Pawapuro fans in the process :p

PD: This could have been a funnier thread with a different name...with its current one I thought they were porting MGS4 to PSP or something :lol

KTallguy

Banned
Kind of sad, because hell, the games were all on PS2 right?
I mean, I like PSP but come on... is it the need for a network infrastructure that is scaring everyone away? Or is it just lack of provable sales?

I mean, I'm not a big fan of the games nor Gundam, I just have some memories of playing the arcade game in Japan. The games have gotten quite ... enthusiastic over the years :lol
But I guess they are mirroring the series.

Acosta

Can't wait to know more of the Niinou game. Still waiting for 7th Dragon :( (yes I'm very aware that I will have to import but I have no lost the hope yet.)

duckroll

KTallguy said:
Kind of sad, because hell, the games were all on PS2 right?
I mean, I like PSP but come on... is it the need for a network infrastructure that is scaring everyone away? Or is it just lack of provable sales?

I mean, I'm not a big fan of the games nor Gundam, I just have some memories of playing the arcade game in Japan. The games have gotten quite ... enthusiastic over the years :lol
But I guess they are mirroring the series.

The last Gundam Vs game was on the PSP and sold great. Why would the new one suddenly be on another platform?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
ethelred said:
Hopefully it'll be as awesome as Niinou's other two RPGs.
Hopefully a little less "awesome". There's just too much. They're hard to get through, I find.

duckroll

I wonder if Niinou is some sort of ladykiller game director who Mikage uses to get big gigs for Image Epoch. First with Sega and Rieko Kodama, and now with Capcom and Minae Matsukawa. Both his Image Epoch games are produced by ladies who work at big publishers. Hmmmmm...

KTallguy

Banned
duckroll said:
The last Gundam Vs game was on the PSP and sold great. Why would the new one suddenly be on another platform?

Good point. I just figured it would come to consoles eventually, even Wii or something. But I guess the PSP is powerful enough that doing ports of arcade titles is pretty easy, and they don't have to change very much at all in way of mechanics.

john tv

Jonnyram said:
So the girl in Gestalt is the girl in Replicant, but this time she is the main char with her brother being the sub char instead of being the sub char to her father as the main char, kay.
That's not entirely accurate -- the girl isn't the main character in Replicant. I dunno how much has been unveiled so maybe I'll wait until the article drops, but basically, they took a pretty interesting approach to the two games.

TOSE is probably handling SO4 PS3.

My trophy whore mind is conflicted about purchasing it though... I hear the 600(900?) battle trophies achievement is hell. Oh well guess I could put myself to the test.

duckroll

john tv said:
That's not entirely accurate -- the girl isn't the main character in Replicant. I dunno how much has been unveiled so maybe I'll wait until the article drops, but basically, they took a pretty interesting approach to the two games.

Here's what I figure (correct me if I'm wrong):

NieR Gestalt is the game previously announced in the US, and follows the story of the father figure who fights to find a cure for his daughter's illness. The designs are all dark and CG styled, with older characters and a more mature worldview.

NieR Replicant is either a prequel, or some sort of alternate story. It uses the same gameplay and possibly the same stages and world, but with anime style designs, and the characters are a younger pairing of a brother and a sister.

JoeFenix

If TOSE is porting SO4 then holy shit it's going to run like ASS!

I hope that Tri-Ace is doing the port atleast and adding a ton of new stuff/polish. We'll see I guess!

duckroll

I don't see why tri-Ace wouldn't be doing the port themselves. With EoE coming out in 2009, it means their engine is already optimized (hopefully!) for both systems.

Not that I have much hope for either, but I prefer the designs in Nier Replicant... although I suppose it is kind of unique having such an ugly looking dude as the main character, as in Gesault...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
duckroll said:

Also, why put it on a system they can't take with them to the arcades to play while waiting in line for the real thing?

linsivvi

sprsk said:
Also, why put it on a system they can't take with them to the arcades to play while waiting in line for the real thing?

I actually saw some guy did that. Play Gundam vs Gundam on his PSP while waiting to play Gundam vs Gundam next.

I also hope people will stop using Game Wave as a source any more. They are worse than Kotaku.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
I trust both Nier games will still end with the death of the principal cast and the destruction of everything they've fought for throughout the game.

FOUR ENDINGS REMAIN.

duckroll

D2M15 said:
I trust both Nier games will still end with the death of the principal cast and the destruction of everything they've fought for throughout the game.

FOUR ENDINGS REMAIN.

Maybe they'll split the endings between the two game. That should lessen the pain somewhat... :lol

JoeFenix

duckroll said:
I don't see why tri-Ace wouldn't be doing the port themselves. With EoE coming out in 2009, it means their engine is already optimized (hopefully!) for both systems.

I don't know, all we've seen of EoE so far as been 360 version. Not one peep out of the PS3 one!

test_account

XP-39C²
What is this "kay" stuff about? :) And what does the topic refer to regarding Blu-Ray disc and insert more UMDs, that Star Ocean 4 is coming for the PS3 (Blu-Ray Disc 1?) and that some new PSP game is coming (insert more UMDs)?

duckroll

Scans for Last Ranker have shown up. In 4 pages, there are a grand total of 3 actual game screens. The rest are CG screens, character designs, interviews, etc. :lol

Top Bottom