• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JPCSP - Excellent PSP emulation, support improving all the time! |PICS|

Im hearing good things about this emulator, how powerful does your CPU need to be since my i3 struggles even with DS emulators.

o_O What DS emulator are you using than any i3 is having problems? Or is it a first gen laptop i3 or something?

I haven't bothered with PPSSPP yet so I can't comment there, but JPCSP you may as well not bother with. Many games won't run even with my 6300 at 4.4ghz

Orayn

Some of the screenshots in this thread are reminding me of how weird to looks to see nearest neighbor interpolation instead of bilinear/trilinear/anisotropic filtering in games outside of the PSX/N64 era.

Some of the screenshots in this thread are reminding me of how weird to looks to see nearest neighbor interpolation instead of bilinear/trilinear/anisotropic filtering in games outside of the PSX/N64 era.

Which ones are nearest neighbor? They all look at least bi-linear filtered. That said, the textures are very low-res so filters can only do so much.

Orayn

Which ones are nearest neighbor? They all look at least bi-linear filtered. That said, the textures are very low-res so filters can only do so much.

The pants in this one stood out.

psp16asjh.jpg

It's weird, because bilinear would normally blur them even if they were really low res like N64 textures, but the pixels are perfectly sharp.

Oemenia

Banned
o_O What DS emulator are you using than any i3 is having problems? Or is it a first gen laptop i3 or something?

I haven't bothered with PPSSPP yet so I can't comment there, but JPCSP you may as well not bother with. Many games won't run even with my 6300 at 4.4ghz
Its a first gen laptop i3 though it has been a long time since I tried a DS emulator properly.

Foffy

Banned
The pants in this one stood out.

It's weird, because bilinear would normally blur them even if they were really low res like N64 textures, but the pixels are perfectly sharp.

It could be a texture setting, I believe. Some of the games have framerate issues and toggling with some settings make the visuals in places become super pixelated in an attempt to boost performance, or to allow the visuals to actually be seen. Nothing in the options and settings talks about the technical terms you've given this stuff, though. :p

rjc571

Banned
Im hearing good things about this emulator, how powerful does your CPU need to be since my i3 struggles even with DS emulators.

AFAIK every DS emulator uses low level emulation (which is why none of them support up-res'ing), meaning that they're slower/have higher requirements than HLE emulators like PPSSPP.

Oemenia

Banned
did you try it unplugged? my i7 has trouble with some snes emulators when in power saving mode.
Yeah I didnt know my laptop wasnt on full performance even when plugged in but again I havent tried in a while.
AFAIK every DS emulator uses low level emulation (which is why none of them support up-res'ing), meaning that they're slower/have higher requirements than HLE emulators like PPSSPP.
These days it tends to be a mix but yeah, cant at least the GPU be emulated on hardware rather than software for some enhanced graphics, surely that would increase the performance too.

Polari

Wow, PPSSPP is awesome. Still lots of glitches, but Wipeout runs just fine on my shitty Pentium B950 based laptop. Looks great full screen too.

Downloaded PPSSPP to my phone (Nexus S) and chucked Adventures to Go on it. No music, and ~15 FPS when 3D is displayed, but it works! This'll be a nice way to enjoy my collection if/when my PSP finally dies

Hasney

Pre-ordering my Galaxy S4 today so will be on the Android version next week. Trying the Windows one this weekend for sure though.

Really need to finish VC2. My actual PSPs stick occasionally goes haywire and costs me a load of movement points.

jediyoshi

Final Fantasy 3, Gods Eater Burst, PQ2

pzsp3udpnc.jpg

pzsp1ylo33.jpg

pzsp4buq8t.jpg

pzsp2sjqfl.jpg

Why is this emulator so sluggish for me but PPSSPP runs relatively smoothly?

Other than it not being java, there's a lot of features it has enabled by default that jpcsp doesn't. It's a compatibility vs performance balance, just compare the options in ppsspp to jpcsp and match what's there up. Vertex cache probably affects performance most

What controller are you guys using? I hooked up a Dualshock 3 to my pc using Motioninjoy, the drivers installed perfectly but I can't use it in JPCSP even though it sees my controller.

Burnout Legends, a bit glitchy

OrNJf9D.jpg

Daxter

UmROdhu.jpg

Bleach 2, looks so good for a 2005 game. Awesome cel shading

vX8Uvo4.jpg

ScNZ8y7.jpg

Locoroco issues, why are they blocky

CCWKSxh.png

oldmario

is it normal for games to crash when it tries playing video without something extra installed? minis work fine for me, trying killzone liberation and it crashes before the point it was supposed to play the video

Beth Cyra

Has Sony made it extremely difficult to get Sonic Stage? I went to the link in the OP, but it's not there and a simple Google search proved fruit less.

I got the Sonic Stage installer, but it says the Sony Server no longer has it and disconnects me right away.

PPSSPP v0.9 is out.

ZN5vvT5.jpg

Looks like some games work now but others have been broken. In particular, I think Maverick Hunter X worked on 0.8 but now does not seem to load at all.

Top Bottom