• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Jul 8-21) The International 2014 DOTA 2 Championships: $10.5 million prize pool

Sibylus

Banned
DJ restarts the song by accident, takes it again from the top
Emoticon_laugh.gif

Shinypogs

On one hand people trashing katie kate's facebook is disgusting and immature. On the other hand I laughed at how creative people got, moving away from just Silencer and referencing the various heroes, skills and items that could be used to silence.

kmg90

Katiekate is getting trashed on her facebook and twitter. Community is fucking brutal

Valve doesn't really give a shit about their community and promoting friendly, clean community standards as they barely enforce their own rules...

Today, while waiting for the Finals to start I saw numerous users with profanity and derogatory words as their profile name....

Names like Fuck.4K.Whores and a few others of similar nature

Chris R

Forget twitch archive. I need the chat too.

And Kirby made it in the party??? Nice work dude! Any player cards being handed out still? I'd pay for an RTZ card!

Squishy3

Valve doesn't really give a shit about their community and promoting friendly, clean community standards as they barely enforce their own rules...

Today, while waiting for the Finals to start I saw numerous users with profanity and derogatory words as their profile name....

Names like Fuck.4K.Whores and a few others of similar nature
Okay good luck moderating a stream with tens of thousands of people on it, banning for username also is dumb and is a waste of everyone's time, you're better off just ignoring Twitch chat, there's a reason why there's a button to the left of it to hide it. Valve is also not responsible for what's going on with people posting bad things about Katie Kate on Twitter/Facebook. I thought her act was bad but I wouldn't go around posting things like that. Way to generalize the community and Valve at the same time.

KI Theory is alright. Wouldn't mind seeing them live. Life is all about different experiences.

EDIT: LOL "This is better than TI4 grand final at least."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forget twitch archive. I need the chat too.

And Kirby made it in the party??? Nice work dude! Any player cards being handed out still? I'd pay for an RTZ card!
Eg hasn't come yet, doubt they are going to show at all. Almost no one has player cards, but I have been a bit reserved about asking. S4 gave me his when I asked ars-art, didn't even realize he was standing there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He saved TI4 with his bugfixing prowess/

What is your contribution to the scene?

Deadstar

This is probably one of the best dota afterparty's I have ever seen. I can't wait for some sandstorm action. I hope Gabe comes out and just has a great time.

JLeack

Banned
How toxic is the community in Dota 2 these days? I'm itching to play after watching some of those TI4 matches. I have 184 games under my belt, but I haven't played since late 2012.

Deadstar

How toxic is the community in Dota 2 these days? I'm itching to play after watching some of those TI4 matches. I have 184 games under my belt, but I haven't played since late 2012.

I wouldn't worry about it. You could just play some bot games for fun or if you play with real people if someone talks trash just mute them and play on. I usually solo matchmaking and it's fine.

JLeack

Banned
I wouldn't worry about it. You could just play some bot games for fun or if you play with real people if someone talks trash just mute them and play on. I usually solo matchmaking and it's fine.

OH YA. Being able to mute might be enough for me. Cool. Thanks!

Top Bottom