• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Watching Legends of Wrestling(love this show and they need to make more) Biggest Heatseekers, and I'm sitting here wondering where the hell was HBK?

Mengetsu

NJPW is so expensive its ridiculous.....

It's ok Rafa...here's Reene dancing to cheer you up!

Ih8evP7.gif

Have they announced the iPPV pricing for G1 yet?

Nope. The package deal was $150 last year for 9 shows and this year there are 12 shows - I hope they keep to a similar price, to encourage people to order the package deal, but fear it may be a bit higher than that.

Individual pricing should be about $25 for the opening and closing nights, $15 for the rest.

Alucard

Banned
It maybe has something to do with how many hours of weekly programming they do, but WWE's roster feels so thin.

I just think it's the lack of true character development. Guys like Del Rio feel like vacant shells when they show up on TV. Same for Sin Cara, Titus, Los Matadores, and to a lesser extent Sheamus and Big E.

Holy shit. The SHINE main event was phenomenal. Two of the best women in the world in a 60-minute draw.

Now I'm kind of sad because I know we'll never get anything close to that on WWE (or TNA for that matter) television. WWE had both Ivelisse and Serena under contract and they let them go. Foolish.

Sounds like a cool show. I'll have to check out Shine or Shimmer at some point. Your posts were read and appreciated, friend.

Alucard

Banned
I didn't even realize MITB was this weekend.

go ziggler go

You're going to be disappointed if you're cheering for Ziggler. Unless they pull a fast one on us.

And yeah, MitB is tonight.

Also, Court Bauer said on LAW that the initial ROH PPV buy numbers are encouraging, and that if they end up being the real numbers ROH will be doing another PPV this year.

Bauer also said they didn't get to set up the lighting the way they wanted to because of the Nashville building itself. So it's good that they're aware of the lighting issue.

Katsuyori Shibata vs Yoshihiro Akiyama - DREAM 5 - July 21st, 2008

entrance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIumAIollgc
match - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44oPY_5HFQ

here's the weaboo favourite getting worked by the only guy in history to get booed at a japanese MMA event.

featuring:

- the japanese shoot booing someone
- Akiyama smirking at the marks
- Akiyama fighting in a gi in 2008
- Bas Rutten singing (you need to hear this, stro)
- Bas Rutten inane commentary (you need to hear this too, stro)
- Shibata trying to look like a fighter

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He never lost it. I wish he was still making themes full time. I hate how CFO$ just make 30 second themes and then loop them forever with no variation.

Hey now. That's ONLY the Ascension theme.

somedevil

Some News on Reigns and Orton:

There is at least some talk of Roman Reigns vs. Triple H being held off until Night of Champions in September as a big match to push WWE Network renewals for the earliest subscribers, as the initial six-month commitment will be up around that time. If they do that, Reigns vs. Kane will be at Battleground in July with Reigns vs. Orton at SummerSlam in August.

Then again, as I was writing that, I got word of a possible swerve with Orton winning the title at Money in the Bank, leading to Orton vs. Reigns vs. John Cena at Battleground. That would be when Cena would win the title to set up Cena vs. Brock Lesnar and Orton vs. Reigns still happening at SummerSlam.

Interesting if they go that way. Good idea of putting Reigns in the match to avoid hijacking.

Just have Cena win the title and have him face whoever at Battleground. Mark Henry or something. Doesn't matter. Also I don't think Reigns vs HHH is the match to drive Network subs. I don't care to see it.

somedevil

Just have Cena win the title and have him face whoever at Battleground. Mark Henry or something. Doesn't matter. Also I don't think Reigns vs HHH is the match to drive Network subs. I don't care to see it.

I don't know they have built him up where he is getting star reactions and women are literally throwing themselves onto him. Its just the question will these people buy the network plus the main event will be Brock vs possibility Daniel Bryan as well.

Plus some Kenta news:

Tokyo Sports in Japan reports that WWE will officially announce that former Pro Wrestling NOAH star KENTA has signed with the company during their tour of Japan next month. A press conference will be held on July 12th to announce the signing.

Will the WWE take him back with him is the question or will it be August? He gets a press conference so he is already higher up that Yoshi.

I don't know they have built him up where he is getting star reactions and women are literally throwing themselves onto him. Its just the question will these people buy the network plus the main event will be Brock vs possibility Daniel Bryan as well.

Plus some Kenta news:

Will the WWE take him back with him is the question or will it be August? He gets a press conference so he is already higher up that Yoshi.

Brock vs Bryan is intriguing. I want to see great matches, and I just don't think HHH/Reigns is going to be anything special. HHH is the kind of good worker that tends to be as good as his opponent. Like Cena. Good worker, but only as good as their opponent. And let's be honest, the more hardcore fans are loving Ambrose, Rollins, and Bryan. Those are the fans who WWE will need to appeal to when it comes to resubscription, and it's going to be hilarious if they don't realize that.

My sub is based at this point on that, and whatever WCW TV they add over the next few months.

Reigns is the goddamn truth. when Seth and Dean and the NXT rejects bomb, i might allow you in the Roman Reigns Warwagon to main event.

Brock vs Bryan is intriguing. I want to see great matches, and I just don't think HHH/Reigns is going to be anything special. HHH is the kind of good worker that tends to be as good as his opponent. Like Cena. Good worker, but only as good as their opponent. And let's be honest, the more hardcore fans are loving Ambrose, Rollins, and Bryan. Those are the fans who WWE will need to appeal to when it comes to resubscription, and it's going to be hilarious if they don't realize that.

My sub is based at this point on that, and whatever WCW TV they add over the next few months.

They think they need to play to casual fans, which would be the reasoning behind featuring Reigns. They think the hardcore fans will buy the Network regardless, which of course isn't true. I kind of want to see Reigns vs. Triple H just out of a morbid curiosity of how bad it may get. Or it might be great, but the odds aren't in favor of that. But I wouldn't re-sub just for that. I'm gonna re-sub for NXT and PPVs in general.

And again, if Wrestlemania wasn't enough to bump Network subs over where they are now, Reigns vs HHH isn't going to do it. There was oodles and oodles of mainstream press over Wrestlemania. They won't get that for Summerslam, and especially Night of Champions. Reigns may look pretty, but WWE is still wrasslin in most people's minds. They're not going to spend $10 a month to see the pretty boy wrestle. Especially when they get that every week for free anyway.

This is anecdotal but I'll tell you this: I stood in line at the merch line at Raw on June 2nd. These people don't have the Network. They come to the events because their kids watch the TV, but they're not buying the Network. This was the night after Payback and nobody had any clue what happened on it.

The core, adult male fan is their target market for the Network.

It'd be wise for WWE to introduce Devitt at the same press conference with KENTA, considering they are both stars in Japan. But, with it being wise, they probably won't do it.

So PCW just announced a co-show with ROH over here in November. Of note, while the lineup hasn't been announced yet, Kevin Steen was featured in the show trailer. May mean nothing.

Also, that doesn't look like the Rebecca Knox I remember! Exploder aside.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Preach friend, my resubscription relies on Rollins winning the briefcase.

Earn my dollars, WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
The crowd gets bored during this match, chanting for John Cena and Rusev. They also sing Adam Rose’s theme song

Poor TNA, intentionally losing money to perform in front of what they figure is a crowd that actually cares and this is what they end up getting. I feel kinda bad for them, but then I remember it's TNA and I'm good.

Poor TNA, intentionally losing money to perform in front of what they figure is a crowd that actually cares and this is what they end up getting. I feel kinda bad for them, but then I remember it's TNA and I'm good.

They tried to re-hash WWE stuff (Hardyz, Team 3D) in hopes that it would make the crowd hot for everything. In reality, it only made them hot for segments involving the old stuff. Who would have thought. The only TNA thing that got a reaction is Joe, and
they act on that by giving him THE X DIVISION TITLE. Not the world title, the lower card belt. Shame.

Edit: Thought we agreed to not spoiler tag TNA stuff. But okay, I'l tag it.

Carnby

The MLB network charges 20 dollars a month and has 2 to 3 million subscribers. Let's not compare content. So why do 3 times more baseball fans spend twice as much money on a similar product? I think the problem is that the average wrestling fan doesn't like wrestling enough to spend money on it.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't think WWE has to do anything to get me to resubscribe; it's still an amazing ammount of content for only 10 dollars a month.

Having said that, the opposite might happen and WWE might do enough bullshit so I get the urge to boycott them.

Top Bottom