• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC PARK - A Thread 65 Million Years In The Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

It's too bad Harrison Ford turned down the Alan Grant part. I read the book before the movie came out and pictured Grant...differently.

Also, the kids are insanely annoying. Otherwise, a classic.

Spruchy said:
I never watched Jurassic Park and I probably never will.
wm8eB.gif

Copernicus said:
To that, I have to ask, why are you not watching the superior I, Robot on FX?
Oc2KH.gif

Tobor said:
Also, the kids are insanely annoying. Otherwise, a classic.
What? I mean, they were probably in it a little more than they needed to be, but annoying? The only time they were annoying was at the start when they were supposed to be annoying.

Typographenia said:
Oc2KH.gif

What? I mean, they were probably in it a little more than they needed to be, but annoying? The only time they were annoying was at the start when they were supposed to be annoying.
And then the whole rest of the movie too. Especially in the T Rex scene, wtf.

on a side note, the BluRay release is only coming out as a trilogy pack, right? That sucks. I want JP on BluRay bad, but i have no desire for 2 or 3.

DoomGyver

Ninja Scooter said:
on a side note, the BluRay release is only coming out as a trilogy pack, right? That sucks. I want JP on BluRay bad, but i have no desire for 2 or 3.
Yeah same, no buy until I can purchase JP1 separately.

Ninja Scooter said:

Just do coke off 2 and 3 while watching the original.

Maddness

As a young boy at the age of 11, I had always loved dinosaurs. Some of my earliest memories of my childhood involved me playing with these cheap plastic toys and creating my own battles. I would ask my parents to read me dinosaur stories all the time until I was able to read them for myself. I would ask my parents to take me to museums and events that showed off these amazing creatures. I was hooked. Around the time I was 8 or 9 I had made up my mind that I wanted to be a Paleontologist and do nothing but find dinosaurs and figure out everything I could about them. I remember seeing the trailer for Jurassic Park and thinking that everything I had ever wanted in the world had come true. Dinosaurs with people. I think I went to the theater 10 times or more with my dad to see that movie. I remember asking for nothing else for Christmas but the VHS of Jurassic Park and I watched it every night for months. My science teacher had given me the book to read as a present shortly after seeing it in theaters and I loved it. There were some things from the novel I wish had been added into the movie or not changed, but it wasn't that big of a deal at the time.

God damn I loved that movie.

atomsk

Party Pooper
buying the blu-ray
buying the game (well, it's actually free because I preordered before they delayed it)

still kind of annoyed the deleted scenes haven't made it back in

Az987

all good things
They will probably release the blu-ray's separately at some point.

Fox did it with the Alien set but the box set came out in Oct and the individual releases didn't come out until May.

It's pretty safe to assume Universal knows most people don't want Jurassic Park 2 and 3 but they will not release them separately until they think most people who will buy it have bought the box set.

But you may be waiting a while. I'd say at least 6 months

It's probably your best bet to see if there is a deal on the box set on black friday. I could see Amazon having one.

DonMigs85 said:
tumblr_lfviryPrl21qdrp8zo1_400.gif

Oh and I'll never forget the hand that grabs the raptor's tail before it enters the kitchen.

I had that card :D was awesome

totally forgot about the blu ray release, will get day 1 :D :D , loved those movies

I'm still :'( i never saw Jurassic Park in theaters, I saw the lost world and 3 in theaters though.

If any movie should be re-released in thearters, Jurassic park 1 is it.

"we got Donson here" haha someone post that youtube mix .

Ketchup Boy

lol yeah, my pops got me the VHS when I was little. Thought it was spectacular. I was crazy into animals, lizards and dinosaurs. Definitely loved sharks. They were so big, massive and powerful. Just plain cool looking and interesting.

i met somebody who had never seen jurassic park a few weeks ago, and i demanded that they go home immediately and watch it.

also, the first jp movie is the only movie i can say i've seen over 50 times, and probably more than 100

WillyFive

The first 2 are classics, the first more than the second.

Just perfect cinema. It is a crime for it to be only at 89% on RT.

Deku said:
"Must go faster, Must go faster"

One of the top cinematic quote of the century
"When you gotta go, you gotta go."

Definitely up there for me too, haha.
The whole movie is littered with great quotes, though. Clever girl, life finds a way, god bless you, that is one big pile, hang on to your butts, and the list goes on.

Willy105 said:
Just perfect cinema. It is a crime for it to be only at 89% on RT.
Yeah, I did a double take when I saw that. I mean, I try not to place that much value in those things, but seriously? 89%?

lush

Watching this right now on AMC actually, I love this movie and even the 2nd one isn't all that bad.

"It's a UNIX system...I know this."
jurassic-park.jpg

Shit gets me every time.

unifin

Loved the first two movies, but I will never forgive whoever the fuck directed JP3 for allowing a freaking Spinosaurus to beat a T-Rex mano a mano. What in the hell in the what are they smoking?

WillyFive

The movie is full of great quotes, but the best one is not even said; it's printed on the banner that falls when the T-Rex roars.

Xeke

Banned
lush said:
Watching this right now on AMC actually, I love this movie and even the 2nd one isn't all that bad.

"It's a UNIX system...I know this."
jurassic-park.jpg

Shit gets me every time.

The park software is written in Pascal; a program is clearly visible in one of the monitor close-ups on the UNIX system. The graphical interface recognized as a UNIX system was the experimental Silicon Graphics 3D File System Navigator. The version number of the Silicon Graphics UNIX Operating System is 4.0.5 and is visible in one of the close-ups in the operating system's shell window (command program).

Hmmm

Mr. Sam

Az987 said:
They will probably release the blu-ray's separately at some point.

Fox did it with the Alien set but the box set came out in Oct and the individual releases didn't come out until May.

It's pretty safe to assume Universal knows most people don't want Jurassic Park 2 and 3 but they will not release them separately until they think most people who will buy it have bought the box set.

But you may be waiting a while. I'd say at least 6 months

It's probably your best bet to see if there is a deal on the box set on black friday. I could see Amazon having one.
BTTF is Universal, is still only available in a box set.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Too bad Sam Neill is getting too old to be in an eventual JP4.

He's like a grandpa now. :(
sam-neill.jpg

madmook

So happy the bluray is coming out. I usually wait for reviews regarding image quality, but this is my favorite movie and I have to have it. Even if its a technical disaster and they re-release a "remaster" at a later time (ala Gladiator), I'll happily re-buy that version as well. Obviously, I'm hoping they get it right the first time.

Favorite moment:

"Uh, you do plan on eventually having dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, yes? Hello?"

-sigh- "I really do hate that man."

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Copernicus said:
I'm guessing this thread was inspired by the fact that it's playing on AMC at the moment.

To that, I have to ask, why are you not watching the superior I, Robot on FX?
I thought we were bros, bro.
Not anymore.

Also, always liked the DNA raptor shot.
XfpQe.jpg

Az987

all good things
Mr. Sam said:
BTTF is Universal, is still only available in a box set.

That is true but I think most people agree that part 3 of BTTF is the worst while 1 and 2 are good so they would be willing to buy the entire set for the 2 movies.

With Jurassic Park only part 1 is good so people may not want to spend the money on 3 films when they only want 1.

I'm also seeing a lot of people saying that they will not buy the set for just Jurassic Park.

But yea, it could just be the case that Universal doesn't split movie sets up ever but if I had to put money on it, I'd say eventually they will.

madmook said:
Favorite moment:

"Uh, you do plan on eventually having dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, yes? Hello?"

-sigh- "I really do hate that man."
"No one could have predicted Dr. Grant would suddenly jump out of a moving vehicle!"

*Ellie exits*

"See? Here I am now, by myself, talking to myself - -that's Chaos Theory!"

4mEoY.gif

"Aah, aah, aah! You didn't say the magic word! Aah, aah, aah!"
"PLEASE!"

or

"Dennis, our lives are in your hands, and you're holding butterfingers?"

Typographenia said:
4mEoY.gif

"Aah, aah, aah! You didn't say the magic word! Aah, aah, aah!"
"PLEASE!"

or